Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
tc_mike

Default Selling a boat

Hi everyone.

Has anyone ever sold a boat at their dock? I have a boat that has no trailer that I am looking to sell. It is a 26’ deck boat. I’ll have it at a dock this summer and the boat has no trailer – always been kept at a marina on Winni. Is this a feasible way to sell a boat?

Also, when selling something like a boat on Craigslist – does everyone usually just do cash only? Even for 10’s of thousands? Not sure there is really another reliable method of payment.

Does anyone know how does the registration exchange would work? Would the new owner need to have the boat registered in their name in order to pilot it away from the dock? Any suggestions on the logistics of how that would work? Would I need to provide anything other than the current proof of registration and a bill of sale? To a buyer?

In this specific case, would it be easier to just eat a consignment fee and have the sale brokered by a marina?

Thanks for anyone's help/thoughts on this.
tc_mike is offline   Reply With Quote