Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Crusty

Default T-Bones, Patrick's & Lyons Den

I was up at the lake last week and had the opportunity to have dinner at three local restaurants.

T-Bones: Tuesday night, and the place was packed (a good sign). I ordered the special "horseradish crusted steak tips". I don't care for spicy-hot foods, but I like a little horseradish sauce from time-to-time, so I thought "what the heck". Well, they were delicious! Just a hint of horseradish flavor, without the heat. Good service, good food. The only downside was that the place was packed and a bit noisy. I'm reminded of Yogi Berra's quote: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Patrick's: Wednesday night, it was Patrick's. I had their teriyaki steak tips; the wife had the haddock. We we seated in the restaurant part to avoid the bar noise. Two more delicious meals! The dining room was pleasant and reasonably quiet, the service was excellent.

Lyons Den: Thursday night, we went to Lyons Den. The wife ordered the haddock; I tried their steak tips. [Anyone noticing a pattern?]. Although it wasn't on the menu, I was offered a "surf and turf" with stuffed shrimp. I really liked it. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and pleasant. A nice quiet room with a lake view AND a fireplace.

We had some great dining experiences while waiting for the lake to unfreeze, and I have a general observation: The greater Columbus area has about the same population as New Hampshire and there are a hundred restaurants within a mile of my home. They mostly all suck. There are a few good ones mixed in, but you're lucky to find them before they close.

In the lakes region, I have seldom had a bad meal (or bad service, for that matter).

My theory is that because there are many fewer people in the lakes region, only the great restaurants survive.

Oh well, I guess I'll head over to the local White Castle and lunch on a couple of bullet burgers (they go right through you) or perhaps an "aqua rat with the dairy option" (fish sandwich with cheese).

[Hey! What do you know! I just made "Member" status ]
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post:
Acinonyx (04-27-2014), Rattlesnake Gal (04-25-2014), Resident 2B (05-01-2014), RLW (04-25-2014)