Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
dbmarine

Default Channel Marine

WOW...More changes at Channel Marine! Lynda and Greg are both gone from the service dept, that's too bad!
Chris the salesman, Dave and Don both from the ship store are also gone! Does anyone know what's going on at that marina??

Best of Luck to Lynda and Greg!!
dbmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
tom-sr230

i was getting fuel at channel marine sat. morning. and they were very busy.
a family renting a pontoon boat asked a worker if the store sold sandwiches.
they guy replied that they don't right now but since he has taken over he is looking for a vendor or shop to provide some plain sandwiches with condiments on the side..
i don't know if the worker was a new worker or manager of some sort
so maybe there is a change in management?
tom-sr230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Highlander

Sounds like a train wreck. I have purchased 2 boats from them when they were the Crownline dealer and Jim ran the sales dept, 1st class treatment. I have serviced both my boats there and stored them there since 2003, Greg and Lynda were always pleasant and helpful to deal with. There is something to be said for retaining good employees and having your customers establish a relationship with your staff, it is good to speak to and see the same people there when you have to deal with them. All the best to Greg and Lynda, you always did right by me. I guess it's time to look for a new marina for service, Channel was not close to me but I was happy dealing with the staff so no more staff, no more Crownline= no reason to continue doing business there.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
moondog

Default Channel marine

Wow, Lynda gone...that is sad. Did she leave on her on account or did she get the Channel Marine shuffle ?
She always was the face with a smile when I was a customer back in the late 90's to early 00's ...No matter how hectic it was, Lynda always made me feel I was the most important person she was severing. She was great!
She was the rock of that Service dept. I think they went through 3 or 4 Service managers in the short time I was in valet. I have been amazed how they go threw people at Channel Marine.
Funny thing , I did run into Jim at Shep Browns at the Boston Boat Show. .He is the same old guy that sold me my 25' Outlaw back in 98'. He and Billy L are the sales dept at Shep's ..its like the old days..Bill Jr, Jim P and Bill L...it's like Channel Marine that I loved back in the 90's
They got me into a new Xcursion Pontoon. I never thought I could make the switch. From a 25 Baja Outlaw to a 23 'Pontoon. I am having the best time on the water...I am so relaxed.. as Jim says...I'm tooning!!!!
It a 23 RF with a short third toon and a 150 mercury..it handles the chop better then the Baja ,... I guess I just getting old!

Hope Lynda is doing well and I wish her the very Best

Isn't this the best summer on the lake or What?
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Sorry to hear about Greg & Lynda

Everyone has taken the words from my mouth. These folks did a great job!! They will be missed.
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Phantom

The official word on Lynda was "She Retired" ..... I was told this by a VERY reliable inside source, but he couldn't keep a straight face when he told it to me (so you all figure it out).

The news here of Greg's departure shocks & bothers me .... this news I was NOT aware of ...

As a long time advocate and supporter of Channell Marine and echo everything said above about Lynda & Greg ..... sadly, perhaps it's time for this boy to move on and find another Marina.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Wow, Lynda gone...that is sad. Did she leave on her on account or did she get the Channel Marine shuffle ?
She always was the face with a smile when I was a customer back in the late 90's to early 00's ...No matter how hectic it was, Lynda always made me feel I was the most important person she was severing. She was great!
She was the rock of that Service dept. I think they went through 3 or 4 Service managers in the short time I was in valet. I have been amazed how they go threw people at Channel Marine.
Funny thing , I did run into Jim at Shep Browns at the Boston Boat Show. .He is the same old guy that sold me my 25' Outlaw back in 98'. He and Billy L are the sales dept at Shep's ..its like the old days..Bill Jr, Jim P and Bill L...it's like Channel Marine that I loved back in the 90's
They got me into a new Xcursion Pontoon. I never thought I could make the switch. From a 25 Baja Outlaw to a 23 'Pontoon. I am having the best time on the water...I am so relaxed.. as Jim says...I'm tooning!!!!
It a 23 RF with a short third toon and a 150 mercury..it handles the chop better then the Baja ,... I guess I just getting old!

Hope Lynda is doing well and I wish her the very Best

Isn't this the best summer on the lake or What?
Ha Ha,Moondog.........don't feel lonely.Used to tool around in a Donzi and now that old age is creeping up,I've gone to a 'toon" also,but didn't give up everything.My tritoon Bennington/250 Yamaha will do an honest 45 mph and you're right,they track like a deep vee.
BTW....I've had great luck at Channel Marine......had a gas tank problem and they fixed it right up at their expense.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote