Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
Welchmoore

Default Floating Water Line

Hello All, 1st time poster here (but I've been lurking for a long time). What a great site to stay in touch with the lake all year round. My husbands family has been on Welch Island for over 50 years and I have been enjoying it for the last 25 or so. It has been a truly wonderful place for our kids and family to come toghether - all week long we wait for Friday night so we can head up to "camp" or as I call it "my happy place".

This year our water line is floating (it's happened before but in the warmer water months). My husband used cement blocks to hold the line down, but the ice has destroyed the blocks and now our line is floating. Thankfully we are still getting water into the cottage as it has not totally come out of the water. My question is what is the best way to hold down a water line, as the cement can be crushed by the ice flows? We have purchased a wet suit (my husbands 1st swim isn't usually until July - he hates cold water). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Welchmoore is offline   Reply With Quote