Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Ms Ooh La La

Default Trash

I would like to address the lack of respect and manners of those who leave trash on our sidewalks, streets, and flower boxes! My flowers were planted yesterday and already last night the boxes were used as butt cans, flowers were snapped off, clearly identifiable Baileys Bubble trash left in my flower boxes, on the side walk and curb in front of my store and my chained up tables and chairs were pulled apart enough to sit in. Please understand I am not putting any direct blame on Baileys Bubble. Deb has no control over what her customers do after they make their purchase. What is wrong with some people? I work very hard to make a living in Wolfeboro and take pride in keeping my property looking nice and very clean. I hope the Police will make an effort to patrol Railroad Ave more in the evenings and the Town will place more recognizable trash receptacles and butt cans throughout the town. My biggest hope is that people will have respect for the town they live in or visit. Also, our newly constructed handicapped area at the end of the sidewalk of railroad ave. and at railroad station is being used as a skateboard park. Sidewalk skateboarding is illegal in Wolfeboro as in any town. It's unsafe! There is a great skateboard park at the Nick! Again, the police need to step it up in the summer time in the downtown area. I would greatly appreciate support in this matter from other merchants in town. We all work hard. Thank you.
Ms Ooh La La is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Ooh La La For This Useful Post:
camp guy (05-26-2012), Just Sold (05-27-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
RailroadJoe

The majority of people are slobs. Look at the roads and highways with all the trash thrown from cars. Not much anyone can do about it unless they are right there when the slobs come by.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Jonas Pilot

It is the place for her to share her concerns. Just because somebody is a guest in our towns doesn't mean they should be disrespectful. I know that some locals are pigs too but our populations will soon boom to summer levels and we all need to think of others and not just ourselves. We live or visit here because it's a special place. Please respect that and the hard work we put in trying to keep it special.

I should have quoted the post that was deleted. The person suggested this was not the place for Oh La La's comments. They suggested to post it in a Wolfeboro web site.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Dave R

I think the majority of people are neat and don't litter. If they did, things would be vastly worse.

I don't think this sort of thing is ever going to go away. It's likely some younger people just being a bit rebellious and acting out. When they grow up and stop the nonsense, they will be replaced by more that will act out for a few years and so on.

I recommend not letting it get you down; chalk it up to immaturity/teen angst and assume the guilty parties will be victims of the same sort of crap later in their lives.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
RLW

Dave R, I kinda disagree respectfully with this part of your statement "It's likely some younger people just being a bit rebellious and acting out. When they grow up and stop the nonsense, they will be replaced by more that will act out for a few years and so on.

I recommend not letting it get you down; chalk it up to immaturity/teen angst and assume the guilty parties will be victims of the same sort of crap later in their lives."

I see more adults trashing our streets than I see teenagers. That could be because the adults do it during the day or anytime and the teens mostly do it in the evenings when I'm not viewing it. When I was growing up this didn't seem to be a problem as I remember and regarding cigarettes, we didn't have the filter ones and the regulars would break down so no one would ever see them. Better manners have to be taught some how and that SHOULD start at home, but the parents are doing it right along with them.
KPW (05-28-2012), RailroadJoe (05-28-2012), SteveA (06-01-2012), trfour (06-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Jonas Pilot

Default Oh the irony ...

... Almost 4,000 views on a purported single cigarette butt. Less than 800 views on this thread. I guess if you want to have a lot of views you need to be overly dramatic.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Or say you saw someone putting their butt in your flower box.

Seriously though.....It just amazes me at how people can simply put their trash wherever they see a small hole big enough to stuff it into, or just drop it on the ground when they think no one is watching. We get it here where I work as well. I chalk it up to the "If it is not their home.....it is not their problem" mentality. Kinda like how people treat a rental car.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Jonas Pilot

I think this typical of our country now. Nobody (it seems) cares any more about how their actions effect another person. It's very disheartening.

"Or say you saw someone putting their butt in your flower box."

Good one fellow sophomore.