Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts
Default Snowmobile Safety Course

Snowmobile Safety Course: We will be holding our 2011 Snowmobile Class on Saturday December 17th at the Geneva Point Center, Geneva Point Road, Moultonboro (near the end of the Neck Rd). The Class will start at 8:00am and run through to 3:30pm. The Club will be providing Lunch.

Snow permitting, please bring your riding gear as part of the Class requires riding on an outdoor course to test your knowledge of snowmobile rules and riding skills.

While the class is geared toward younger riders, all are invited. We encourage Parents to attend the class with their children.

Please contact Steve Janaitis at 603-253-6707 as soon as possible to reserve a place in the Class.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (12-05-2011)
Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Vita;

Not to derail this post, but the best snowmobile safety class I was involved with was the mandatory one the State gives. I had to attend one after being issued a speeding citation in Pittsburg a couple years ago. No, I am not embarrassed to say I was speeding as you know it's pretty easy to do up there!

There were probably a dozen of us, all very experienced riders in the 4 hour class and when it was complete everyone thanked the F&G officer and shook his hand for presenting such an eye opening class. There were no gruesome photos or stories of dismemberment with trees. Instead the course was about the inexperienced or young rider who is on these same trails as the experienced that may not be able to stay on their side. They have every right to be out there and it is our duty to ensure their safety as well and help them along. Even though the experienced rider can easily ride above the max speed and control his sled (most of the time), it is the inexperienced or young riders who may not have the strength or agility in a tight turn or may make a mistake while riding that can cause an accident. This is an an issue that we all need to be aware of.

The course also talked about how those who are modifying exhausts are causing the loss of trails as well as those who don't stay on the trail. There were many other issues that were discussed and not one was meant to belittle anyone there. It was an awareness course that was extremely well received by all in attendance. The course was mandatory and free and I was glad to be a participant. Everyone in attendance learned something!

Anyway, I think these courses are great and help immensely in furthering the safety and continuation of snowmobiling. I commend you and your club for the taking the time and effort to put these on. Gearing towards the younger riders is a great start to a wonderful sport!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (12-07-2011)
Old 12-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Swanpoint guy

Default Great job, thanks

Our family attended the course yesterday and wanted to thank everyone for a great job. Very informative. Special shout out for the lunch and tasty soups.
Swanpoint guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swanpoint guy For This Useful Post:
WINNOCTURN (12-19-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
VTskier

Sounds like lots of fun
VTskier is offline   Reply With Quote