Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Jidge

Default Alton Bay boat ramp FYI

This past Sat. afternoon I was dropping off my brother and girlfriend at the 15 min. public ramp dock. There were no spaces at the public docks. I pulled up alongside the dock closest to the ramp since there was another boat in the other space. They hopped off and we pushed off from the dock about 2-3 feet. I put the boat in forward and low and behold I hear a big clunk and the engine died. Apparently I should have trimmed up a little there because I ground up one of the big rocks down below into little rocks. I definitely trashed the rear prop and skimmed the forward ( Duoprop). I'm just posting this so no one else does the same. My depth finder was reading 5'. The draft of my boat is 3'2", with outdrive I'm probably right around the 5'. So its an expensive lesson learned here for me. Hopefully enough people see this so as not to make the same mistake. The boat still drives good but I'm still going to change the rear prop so I don't wear out a bearing from vibration.
Jidge is offline   Reply With Quote