Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts
Default Baldis- A Lot of Nerve

Now they are suing Thurstons over access. These guys and their clientele have looked at her mess for 2 years, now they get sued by her.

Tear down that building Ms Baldi!

http://laconiadailysun.com/index.php...-baldigate-479
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
riverat (06-12-2012), Sunset View (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
RailroadJoe

Lets hope the court throws it out. She has no Complaints. If she had the Wide Open torn down, there would be plenty of access plus additional space for her to rent.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RailroadJoe For This Useful Post:
Sunset View (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Sunset View

Default Suing the Thurstons???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Lets hope the court throws it out. She has no Complaints. If she had the Wide Open torn down, there would be plenty of access plus additional space for her to rent.
At what point does the Weirs and State sue the Baldis? You've got to be kidding me..suing the Turstons?? Access to what? Don Thurston should build a 12' high wall to hide the dump the Baldis call a building! We need to encourage them out of town, these are people that care not about our community, our beautiful lake, its image, legacy or future; these people are worried about vending rates and rental income only. Why is it that honorable,law abiding citizens and good business owners, community minded people like Don and Mark Thurston now have to bear legal costs to deal with nit-wits like the Baldis? Again, so sad that our community, elected officals and justice system are not only hamstrung, but incapable of moving this pathetic situation forward. Don and Mark Thurston, we the locals and those from around the lake are behind you!!

Baldis.....Tear your dump down and then move to another state or better yet, to Syria! NH is tired of you, your ignorance and that of your family.

Please all Winni Forum posters...........let's get behind the Thurstons and show our support for a 3 generation Weirs Beach business family that does care deeply about the image, beauty and reputation of Lake Winnipesaukee.....!
Sunset View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Jonas Pilot

You have very strong views about this but we have no clue to where you are from.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #5
RailroadJoe

Jonus Pilot Who you talking about . Me or Sunset View?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #6
Belmont Resident

Default Sorry sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View View Post
At what point does the Weirs and State sue the Baldis? You've got to be kidding me..suing the Turstons?? Access to what? Don Thurston should build a 12' high wall to hide the dump the Baldis call a building! We need to encourage them out of town, these are people that care not about our community, our beautiful lake, its image, legacy or future; these people are worried about vending rates and rental income only. Why is it that honorable,law abiding citizens and good business owners, community minded people like Don and Mark Thurston now have to bear legal costs to deal with nit-wits like the Baldis? Again, so sad that our community, elected officals and justice system are not only hamstrung, but incapable of moving this pathetic situation forward. Don and Mark Thurston, we the locals and those from around the lake are behind you!!

Baldis.....Tear your dump down and then move to another state or better yet, to Syria! NH is tired of you, your ignorance and that of your family.

Please all Winni Forum posters...........let's get behind the Thurstons and show our support for a 3 generation Weirs Beach business family that does care deeply about the image, beauty and reputation of Lake Winnipesaukee.....!
Thurstons lost a lot of support from the boating community with the strong unfounded stand they took on the speed limit issues. I strongly feel the Baldi’s are in the wrong but also have no tears to shed for the Thurstons.
Seaplane Pilot (06-14-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 04:57 AM   #7
Jonas Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Jonus Pilot Who you talking about . Me or Sunset View?
Not you Joe. If somebodies going to express such strong sentiments about a Weir's Beach problem it would add much more to the conversation if you knew where these arguments are coming from. Most of us remain anonymous in identification. I have no problem with that, but why hide your location too?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
dpg

Don and Mark Thurston, we the locals and those from around the lake are behind you!!

I'm assuming a local but only assuming. Yeah, yeah I know never assume...Not totally sure it matters can't you or I have a strong opinion about something that goes on Calif?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
Jonas Pilot

I have strong opinions about too many things, just ask my poor wife.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
Sunset View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Thurstons lost a lot of support from the boating community with the strong unfounded stand they took on the speed limit issues. I strongly feel the Baldi’s are in the wrong but also have no tears to shed for the Thurstons.
I respect your opinion....thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
RailroadJoe

Not to throw the hatchet at the Baldi's, but two years and the saloon still stands. Similar to the house in Gilford on Belknap Point Road. Too long.

In Alton Bay the old rink (condo complex) got destroyed by fire and it did not take to long for the owners to rebuild. Also the big fire that wiped out over 30+ cottages on top of the hill. Cleaned up nicely.

Although I do not live on the lake or any town on it, I do visit about 2 to 3 times a week to Alton Bay, Lincoln Park, Wolfeboro, Village Kitchen and Meredith and the Weirs. You really don't have to live on the lake or cruise around in a boat to enjoy everything about it.

This is my longest post yet. Time to end it.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
Sunset View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
Not you Joe. If somebodies going to express such strong sentiments about a Weir's Beach problem it would add much more to the conversation if you knew where these arguments are coming from. Most of us remain anonymous in identification. I have no problem with that, but why hide your location too?
JP, thanks for the question; you are right, most of us do keep annonymous about our identification, that is my choice. Since you asked, I have lived in NH for over 37 years, (yeah, I'm an old timer) I just get so frustrated looking at the remains of the WOS opposite the beauty of our natural resource Lake Winnipesaukee. Every morning on my drive to work I find it just appauling that this situation has dragged on for so long; incredible beauty on one side, on the other, destruction, disrepair and burned out remnants of a terrible 3 year wait to rebuild, rebeautify and rejuvenate the entry to Lake Winnipesaukee's Weir's Beach is difficult to ignore .......nothing more, nothing less. Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
dpg

Does anyone (here) really know all the facts? A few years ago a neighbors attached garage caught fire and it was totalled. It had to sit there untouched for like 4 months while the insurance, town and everybody did their thing. I know 2 years is much longer but with such a business it's probably much more complicated too. There could be somebody, insurance, law enforcement, etc that doesn't want it touched.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
riverat

Imagine the thousands of bikers this week taking thousands of pictures of our beatiful lake and our WOS landmark not a couple hundred yards from our Endicott Rock Landmark. And these photos traveling back to all corners of our country and beyond. what a shame they can get away with this.
Sunset View (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
Misty Blue

Default Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Didn't the town sue the Baldis and gave them, like 90 days to clear the place or they were going to have it done and charge them?

What ever happened to that?

Misty.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
donnamatrix

Default The Baldi building is evidence in lawsuit

My understanding is that Lloyd's of London, the insurer of the burned out building, is declining to pay insurance because either the owners or the representative of the owners indicated to Lloyd's that the building had a sprinkler system or other supression system in place, when in reality, there was no system in place. Consequently, with the Baldi vs. Lloyds suit and the Lloyd's vs. Baldi suit - the building itself is evidence that must be left in place until the legal wrangling is finished. I could be wrong, but that's how I hear it from folks in the insurance business.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
My understanding is that Lloyd's of London, the insurer of the burned out building, is declining to pay insurance because either the owners or the representative of the owners indicated to Lloyd's that the building had a sprinkler system or other supression system in place, when in reality, there was no system in place. Consequently, with the Baldi vs. Lloyds suit and the Lloyd's vs. Baldi suit - the building itself is evidence that must be left in place until the legal wrangling is finished. I could be wrong, but that's how I hear it from folks in the insurance business.

Pretty much what I have read in the media.... With addition that Fire Marshal's investigation is still on-going.

And I also observe that each Baldi denies knowledge of the others dealings, saying different owner. WE do read that Pat owns drive in, that daughter in law owns saloon, another Baldi or even Brandi also owns water slide or the son. There has to be some communication!

One poster said he worked one summer for the late Larry, and tells of the cash being handled during bike week! Imagine this year the revenue to the saloon: Busby's staging site, advertising banners on the fences, the vendor spaces on property!!!
Same sort of rental revenue on drive in and water slide property!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
jrc

OMG family members owning nearby businesses.

OMG family members refusing to talk bad about their other member's business.

OMG cash changing hands on bike week

I don't these people from Adam but one of the ugly run down businesses near the Weirs burned. So now we have a burned ugly building instead of a plain ugly building. Does anyone really think the visitors to the Weirs are traumatized by this building. The place needs a good rebuild could it look much worse?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (06-14-2012), dpg (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #19
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
OMG family members owning nearby businesses.

OMG family members refusing to talk bad about their other member's business.

OMG cash changing hands on bike week

I don't these people from Adam but one of the ugly run down businesses near the Weirs burned. So now we have a burned ugly building instead of a plain ugly building. Does anyone really think the visitors to the Weirs are traumatized by this building. The place needs a good rebuild could it look much worse?
Ya, do you think this dead horse has been beaten enough yet?
Winnisquamguy (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #20
dpg

Quote:
Ya, do you think this dead horse has been beaten enough yet?
haha - wonder how many visitors this week got a look at that building, turned around and went home. Everyone's so dramatic about "our beautiful lake is tarnished." Go for a drive and look around there's ugly-ness all around us every day. "your little piece of heaven" isn't exempt.
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
Sully (06-24-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #21
Bear Island South

Actually, this lawsuit has nothing to do with the burned building, it is over rights of access which the Baldi's clearly have.
You can go on and on about the burned building and I think there is another thread for that, but this case is about access and the deed language is clear.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Bear247 (06-14-2012), LIforrelaxin (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #22
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
Actually, this lawsuit has nothing to do with the burned building, it is over rights of access which the Baldi's clearly have.
You can go on and on about the burned building and I think there is another thread for that, but this case is about access and the deed language is clear.
While I agree the lawsuit is over something that is spelled out in the deed, which expressly states that there is a right of way through the thurstons property. I can't help but believe Thurston's is refusing to open the gate because of the Wild Open Saloon issue. I think these things are very linked...

However Baldi does have a legal right to use the access....And Thurston in the end will loose...
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #23
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
While I agree the lawsuit is over something that is spelled out in the deed, which expressly states that there is a right of way through the thurstons property. I can't help but believe Thurston's is refusing to open the gate because of the Wild Open Saloon issue. I think these things are very linked...

However Baldi does have a legal right to use the access....And Thurston in the end will loose...
As I read it the baldis have access through the property but it does not say the general public and vendors can pass through and park and pay baldis
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
As I read it the baldis have access through the property but it does not say the general public and vendors can pass through and park and pay baldis
What is says is that in the event that the City of Laconia, requires there to be a secondary point of access it can be used to pass and re-pass for access.... The wording is loose, but I believe would allow for Vendors or even the public. But even more importantly for the town, during a event like bike week, it is a secondary emergency access...

In Short I don't think this would be at this point, if the Town hadn't order that the access be opened. Unfortunately Thurston's holds the Key......
Old 06-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #25
Belmont Resident

Default Write up in the Weirs times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
What is says is that in the event that the City of Laconia, requires there to be a secondary point of access it can be used to pass and re-pass for access.... The wording is loose, but I believe would allow for Vendors or even the public. But even more importantly for the town, during a event like bike week, it is a secondary emergency access...

In Short I don't think this would be at this point, if the Town hadn't order that the access be opened. Unfortunately Thurston's holds the Key......
States it is ONLY for the purpose of emergency access to the vendor area.
There is a picture of it clearly marked as such in the paper.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
States it is ONLY for the purpose of emergency access to the vendor area.
There is a picture of it clearly marked as such in the paper.
That is what I had figured...
Old 06-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #27
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Fire Dept

I'm surprised the fire dept do not hold a key. I do know they have keys to other emergancy gates throughout the city.