Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
winniplayhouse

Default Boat Savvy people wanted for video shoot

We've just heard about this casting call for "boat savvy" people for a video to be shot on Winnipesaukee and thought this would be a great place to post!! Please note this has nothing to do with the Playhouse so please direct all questions to the email address included in the listing below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras needed for a national boating education video to be shot at Lake Winnipesaukee (NH) in late August or early September.

Looking for:

Ages 20-55, male and female, physically fit, all ethnic groups, preferably boat savvy. Couples can apply.

Also seeking a family of four, with two children in the 10-13 age range (Actual families may submit, or a family will be "assembled" from individual submissions).

Pay is $100 to $200, depending on length of time (half-day or full day). Lunch is included for full day.

Extras will be used in scenes showing typical boating activity: preparing boats for use, fueling, boarding, putting on life jackets, launching, cruising, etc. A few extras will be used to demonstrate water safety techniques such as rescuing fallen boaters from the water and clinging to a capsized boat.

To be considered for this project, please EMAIL your headshot/comp card and resume directly to the client:

Mitch Lobrovich
mglcom@austin.rr.com.

Please include a note that best describes your boating knowledge and experience. If you would like to be considered as a couple with another talent, please include that talent's name in your note, or submit your photos together (if practical to do so).

On-camera or stage experience is preferred but not mandatory. Being comfortable in/around boats is preferred, and the ability to take direction is required. Looking for "Real People" look.

Talent will be chosen based on headshot submissions. This is a non-union, non-speaking project.

Any questions, please email mglcom@austin.rr.com.

If your headshot/comp card is not online, please

Mitch Lobrovich
MGL Media
12013 Fremont Cove
Austin, Texas 78727
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Weirs guy

a boater saftey training video shot on winni? gosh I hope were not the "gold standard"!

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy
a boater saftey training video shot on winni? gosh I hope were not the "gold standard"!
Don't laugh too hard. The boaters on Winnipesaukee are, in general, the best behaved I have ever seen... It's really quite mellow here compared to other places I have boated, especially when you consider the crowds. Things could be vastly worse!
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
Woodsy

Lake Winnipesaukee is an awesome place for a video shoot! Too bad I'm not all that photogenic... LOL!

Try boating on the intercoastal in sunny FLA, or the Cape, or just about anywhere else on the East Coast..... no 150' rule, the only real measure of traffic control are the no-wake "manatee zones". People may complain about 150' violations but it really is a a great law. Even if another boat comes within 40' - 50' of you while on plane you are still pretty safe! There is very little danger/chance of collision. On the intercoastal its 10' - 15' away while on plane... a much greater chance for collision... and highly unerving!

Woodsy
Old 08-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
Skipper

Question Is this for real or phishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniplayhouse
Any questions, please email mglcom@austin.rr.com.

If your headshot/comp card is not online, please

Mitch Lobrovich
MGL Media
12013 Fremont Cove
Austin, Texas 78727
This sounds very interesting thanks winniplayhouse.

Is this a genuine casting call or some stunt or phishing?

The e-mail address provided does not point to a business like MGL Media.

Has anyone corresponded with these people or have more information?

I would like to apply but I am cautious.

TIA

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #6
winniplayhouse

To be honest, I don't know much about it. I saw the message on a reputable casting forum. I trust the person who runs that forum and don't have any reason to believe it's anything but geniune, but don't know how much he investigates every post. He is a talent agent who works throughout the state.

Hope that helps!
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
Skipper

Exclamation Is this how it works?

Quote:
Hope that helps!
Thanks again winniplayhouse. I do not know how this casting call stuff works.
I did Google and found that the address given for Mitch is a private residence and not a business. Found more information. Mitch Lobrovich is a freelance writer and producer based out of Austin, TX. Visit http://www.getmitch.com to find out more. http://www.mitchlobrovich.com/ .

MGL Media is a production house based in the United Kingdom and services England not New England and Ireland. MGL Media

Being unfamiliar with all this I thought it odd that a United Kingdom production house has a writer producer in Texas coordinating a video production on Lake Winnipesaukee NH.

Has anyone made contact?

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
Waterbaby

Default Magic Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy
Lake Winnipesaukee is an awesome place for a video shoot! Too bad I'm not all that photogenic... LOL!
Woodsy
I'm not photogenic either, Woodsy -- I believe I look much better in real life than on camera, lol! (Yes, I have a magic mirror! )

Maybe we should both answer the call?
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #9
NightWing

Quote:
Looking for:

Ages 20-55, male and female, physically fit, all ethnic groups, preferably boat savvy. Couples can apply.

Looking for "Real People" look.

Physically fit? "Real people" look? Does that mean that those people not physically fit are not "Real People" or don't have the look?

Nothing like insulting your audience before you even have the product.

The title will be "The Stepford Families Go Boating"!
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #10
Misty Blue

Default Go for it!

Hey gang!

It sounds like all of their personnel and vessel needs can be supplied by by our little group right here. So we do the gig. Party hearty. And finish by depositing our wages into Peppers jar!

Whoopie party at my place in Braun Bay?

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #11
Bizer

Quote:
... Extras needed for a national boating education video to be shot at Lake Winnipesaukee (NH) in late August or early September. (rest of text omitted) ...
Did anyone contact this person? Did he respond? Is (was) filming going to happen or was this a hoax?
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote