Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
wishiwasthere

Thumbs up Breakfast on Monday Sam and Rosies

We stayed up on Long Island Sunday/Monday. Headed out to the Village Kitchen, closed. We suspected it would be. I suggested Kevins. Again closed. So we headed toward Center Harbor and found a great place. It is located right across the street from the docks. It is called Sam and Rosies.
The prices were really good. Food was good and hot, my MIL was happy I highly recomend it.
wishiwasthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
twoplustwo

Default one of my 6yo's favorites

Where else can she get fried dough for breakfast??
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
ITD

They have a great lobster roll, claw and tail meat, for lunch. I eat there a lot.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Wish......sorry we are closed on Mondays,but it's the only day we can give evryone a day off.Actually,Sam and Rosies is where WE go on Monday's......breakfasts are great there and the fried dough is a nice treat.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
hazelnut

Thumbs up Yes!!!!!!!

I am SO GLAD somebody started this thread. Shame on me for not doing it sooner. Last summer when my wife and I were here for the summer we made it a point to eat there once a week during our weekly excursion to Heath's in Center Harbor for Groceries.

Sam and Rosie's is a major hidden gem. It may not look like much but the food is fresh and the Reuben Sandwich is among my favorites. They staff looks to me to be all family. Correct me if I am wrong but those kids do a great job and I applaud them.

Please give this little gem a try and you won't be disappointed. GREAT LUNCH. I can not speak to the breakfast as I haven't tried it.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
NHKathy

Default I love it too!

I've been there for breakfast a few times and loved it - yummy Omlets!
Haven't done lunch there yet, I will have to soon! I will have the Lobster Roll and hubby will do the Reuben Sandwich!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 AM   #7
Dave M

Default Agree

One of our favorite places to have breakfast. Went there Monday by boat, short walk from docks. Had 3 full slices of french toast, nice and fluffy. Had fruit cup with it, nice combo. Wife had pancakes, thought they were just OK. They also have a small bakery counter and can get newspapers there if early enough. Crowded on weekends.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #8
beancover

Shhhhhhh....
beancover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #9
wishiwasthere

Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag beancover. But I think Sam and Rosie will always like more business.
Samiam, are you from Kevins or the Village Kitchen? Nice of you to give your staff a day off
We had a laugh at the fried dough! I will definately try it for lunch.
I'm hungry now!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
twoplustwo

Unhappy now I want fried dough

Both The VK and Red Hill Dari Barn are SAMIAM's. And now I'm having an "I could go for a sausage, cheese and shroom omelette or one of his awesome lobster rolls with onion rings" moment. Oh, and throw in that creamsicle ice cream.

I think lunch is in order.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
wishiwasthere

Thumbs up

Interesting. I've been going to the VK for years. Since it was in the old gas station. Must be 25 years? Geez I feeel old. We'll be there next week I'm sure. (not Monday) Although Sam and Rosies was good, my husband wants his Farmers Breakfast!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
Dave M

Don't know if Rosie's does the Farmers breakfast all the time but they had it on the overhead board when we went last Monday.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
BlackCatIslander

Default A Great Lobster Roll

Our family thinks that their lobster roll is the best in the lakes region. I know that some of Pepper's fans would argue about that, but you can't go wrong at Sam and Rosie's.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #14
hazelnut

Default My guess

I think that the market for Sam and Rosies is far enough away from Pepper that she won't mind.

Truth be told it is nice to have a little gem right up in Center Harbor.

Can't argue that the best breakfast in the whole lakes region is the VK but Sam and Rosies has their little niche. For one it is a whole lot easier to get to Sam and Rosies by boat than the VK

Also I think everyone should try Sam and Rosies for lunch by boat. Center Harbor docks are way less crowded on most days and the walk up the street is worth it.

I guess the secret is bound to get out sooner or later but Center Harbor has some of the best restaurants accessible by boat in the whole region:

Canoe (Dinner)
Lemongrass (Dinner)
Coe House (Dinner)
Sam and Rosies (B-fast/Lunch)
Winni Bagels (B-fast/Lunch)

AND to top it all off the best Hot Dog stand in the whole region at the docks!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #15
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Wish......sorry we are closed on Mondays,but it's the only day we can give evryone a day off.Actually,Sam and Rosies is where WE go on Monday's......breakfasts are great there and the fried dough is a nice treat.
Samian: Do you own VK? Sorry, I'm a little slow!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #16
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Sam and Rosie's Lobster rolls

I am a huge fan of Sam and Rosie's lobster rolls, and took two friends to sample them last week while vacationing at our cottage. My friends thought they had died and gone to Lobster Roll heaven. and have not stopped talking about the plump and generous portions of lobster meat contained in each roll. To die for! My only complaint is that you can't substitute their french fries (that are served with the lobster rolls) for anything else (like coleslaw, which they do not serve). Not a bona fide complaint, but I am just not a great lover of fried foods. I have sampled lobster rolls in the other popular Forum restaurants, and frankly they pale in comparison. Others may be rated on a scale of 7-9, but Sam and Rosie's stand at a sold 15-20. Try them... you'll like them! P.S. Service and other menu choices are also excellent.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #17
Jersey Joe

Default Sam and Rosies as good as we hoped

Finally got over there this afternoon. As good as the forum had me hoping. Lobster Roll - Excellent, Fish Sandwich - Excellent, Good Size Portions, Excellent Chowder and very very nice people. Good Luck to them !
Jersey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote