Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default The Bob House.

Just thought I would let you know the wife and I stopped in tonight. Hadn't been in the building since when we first moved up here. we had a grea meal. Very good food, great drinks, and the very bestest part is it was very quick.
Not as fast as the VK, but right up there with fast. The waitress was great and very pleasant, and the hostess kept checking the tables to make sure everyone was happy... All in all very nice experience. Another thing I noticed was that everyone sitting around the bar seemed to be in a good mood. So it was not all dark and dreary in there. I hate it when everyone seems to be at a funeral or something..... We will be back! Got a gift certificate to the Common Man's for Xmas I have to use first though....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
trfour

Default A Very Good Choice, And Appropriately Named...

Especially with the ice fishing season getting underway here in the Lakes Region!

Bob House
520 Whittier Highway, Moultonborough, NH.
(603) 253-1025

By all means, enjoy year around!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 01-14-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Map
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

The Bob House is a great place- accessible by snowmobile as well!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Bob House

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Had lunch there today. It was Yummy!!!!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Lucky1

Default I loved The Bob House from the day it opened.

It has good food and good selection and fair prices.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
How appropriate .................... that just struck me as very funny, considering the season and the name!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
How appropriate .................... that just struck me as very funny, considering the season and the name!
It is a pretty good play on words- the chef/co-owner is named Bob!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
sa meredith

Default Great Spot

Great spot...went just about every week this past summer with two friends of mine who are regulars. Food always very good, prices very reasonable, service excellent...must mention, we always sat at the bar..so service was always from the same person. Friendly bartender...always remembers everyones name, and their drink..no need to order it when you sit down, he knows. Knows the menu from memory, and always quick to offer a suggestion if you ask for one.
Bob House is a great place.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Great spot...went just about every week this past summer with two friends of mine who are regulars. Food always very good, prices very reasonable, service excellent...must mention, we always sat at the bar..so service was always from the same person. Friendly bartender...always remembers everyones name, and their drink..no need to order it when you sit down, he knows. Knows the menu from memory, and always quick to offer a suggestion if you ask for one.
Bob House is a great place.
That is Kevin, he is great!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
Fast Break

Default Just OK

We have driven by the Bob house a hundred times but had never tried it until last weekend. I have read many positive things on this site and the parking lot always seems pretty crowded so I was looking forward to a really good experience.

From the service to the food I can only characterize our visit as just ok. Service was fair as was the food. The chowder was good but our meals were plain and bland. Not at all what I was expecting. Maybe as a first time I just don't know the right thing to order. I didn't like the message that every meal is cooked to order so it will take at least 15 minutes. With that message I was expecting something better than what I got. Sounds more like a lack of help in the kitchen.

Botom line is I don't think I'll be going back. For the difference in price I'd rather sit in the bar at the Woodshed.
Fast Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
AKADQ

Thumbs up We'll be back to the Bob House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Break View Post
We have driven by the Bob house a hundred times but had never tried it until last weekend. I have read many positive things on this site and the parking lot always seems pretty crowded so I was looking forward to a really good experience.

From the service to the food I can only characterize our visit as just ok. Service was fair as was the food. The chowder was good but our meals were plain and bland. Not at all what I was expecting. Maybe as a first time I just don't know the right thing to order. I didn't like the message that every meal is cooked to order so it will take at least 15 minutes. With that message I was expecting something better than what I got. Sounds more like a lack of help in the kitchen.

Botom line is I don't think I'll be going back. For the difference in price I'd rather sit in the bar at the Woodshed.
I have taken my wife out to dinner to the Bob House on several occasions throughout this past summer. On each visit we have found the service and the food well received and the prices to be in line with all the other great restaurants the Lakes Region has to offer.

With that being said, my wife & I took two of our friends there last weekend as well. Not sure what night you went but we had gone on Saturday night and felt that the food was timely and good. Our waitress was Brandi as she was professional and attentive to our table. Started out with 2 mixed drinks, 2 waters with lemon and scallops wrapped in bacon for our appertizer. For meals we had two steak dinners, a chicken dinner and a seafood dinner. The guys cleaned their plates and satisfied, and the women had take-home for the next day. We topped off the night with two desserts to share. In all, our night was what you would expect at any of the top restuarants in the Lakes Region. I think the only negative was my dessert (some kind of bread pudding creme' brulee) as it was not what I expected,oh well.

After all said and done, I believe the bill came to $125.00 with tip. Great food, great service and great value. Nothing to complain about...We'll be back !!
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
hazelnut

Default My .02

I feel like I owe it to the Bobhouse to share my experiences over this past winter.

We have had nothing but positive experiences with this restaurant. I have been in with just adults for dinner and for lunch. I have been in just for drinks. I have also been in with a large mixed party of adults and children and all of our experiences have been top notch.

On one occasion we had some friends up visiting for the weekend and with their three children and mine we totaled 10. 4 Adults and 6 kids under 8 years old. I called ahead to warn them and when we arrived they had set up a table in a nice isolated spot in the restaurant. Good for them and GREAT for us. They also had two servers helping us out. They have a big basket of toys, books and games for kids at the front of the house and our kids took full advantage of that. They wisely, immediately took the kids orders along with the adults drink order. Kids meals came shortly before adults salads, soups and adults food came just as the kids were finishing up. Timing was perfect and food was all good.

I went for lunch on the snowmobile one time and had an awesome Southwest Salad. It had chili and tortilla chips in it. Very tasty!

I've been for drinks twice and the bar is very nice, not too loud and fast, friendly service. There is a little lounge area off the bar with comfy couches if you are interested in a more private setting.

On another occasion I ate dinner in the bar area as there was an open table. It was derby weekend and I was with my wife. Again the experience was great. We were on snowmobile and the service was prompt and friendly. I had a Chicken Marsala that was good.

All in all the food is good and the service is great. Atmosphere is friendly. This is a great establishment for the area.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
eillac@dow

Default Finally tried the Bob House

The Bob House is probably the restaurant that I have wanted to go to the most. Reading all the comments and having family members go and report all positives...I knew I had to try it.

My husband & I went this this past Saturday afternoon. We sat in the bar area. He had a BLT and I had the Sicillian Chicken Sandwich. We had two sodas. Total bill was $20.34 (I believe). My sandwich was great. Very tasty. I got the Pesto Vinaigrette on the side...just in case....but it was very good so I added it myself. Their "fries" are awesome and the portion of them was huge.

I asked my husband how his meal was and he was more like....How can you screw up a BLT"....but trust me you can. He did say it was good. Nice thick bread and plenty of bacon. He also enjoyed the fries.

I am glad I finally tried the Bob House....We will go again....we just wish we could have arrived there on sleds!
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #14
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking The Bob House Menu to Tempt You!

The Bob House
520 Whittier Highway Mountain Highway
Moultonborough NH
603-253-1025

Rattlesnake Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
jeffatsquam (03-02-2011), Lucky1 (05-10-2011), natureboy79 (03-05-2011), Overlake97 (07-05-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
WakeboardMom

Showin' some love for the Bob House! They did a nice job remodeling and there's a new great big bar for chatting with Kevin (the bartender) and newly revamped menu.

Great food, great prices, great company! Can't wait to go back!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
NickNH

Going there tomorrow night...can't wait to see it!
NickNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNH View Post
Going there tomorrow night...can't wait to see it!
I'll be there tonight. I'll tell Kevin to expect you. You're gonna love it.
NickNH (02-10-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
Heaven

The menu gives me a strong feeling that many of the items are not prepared from scratch on-site. That is an instant negative for me if I am looking to eat in one of the regions "best" restaurants. Perhaps the sandwiches are outstanding, and I would give that part of the menu a try.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
NickNH

Had a great time there Saturday night. They still have my favorite Raspberry/Walnut Chicken and it was as tasty as ever! The Bob House Cosmo was yummy too! Love the new bar area!
The Following User Says Thank You to NickNH For This Useful Post:
WakeboardMom (02-19-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
GsChinadoll

Default Fried Spinach

I miss the fried spinach app! Please please anyone with connections, ask them to bring them back, or at least post the cooking directions so I can make it at home!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
NickNH

The Fried Spinach was when it was Grille 25......I miss that too...it was really yummy....
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #22
dpg

Is this it?:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cameroonian-fried-spinach/
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
NickNH

No...it was just Spinach with, I think maybe some hint of bacon? It was almost like eating potato chips except it was spinach.....it was VERY tasty.....the spinach was crispy with jut a light coating of, probably olive oil (or whatever they fried it in).
Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
we're golden

Default Kevin is amazing

Had lunch today at the Bob House. Sat at the bar and Kevin is amazing. Have been there on several occassions for lunch on a Saturday and seems like Kevin is the only server on,the place can be hopping and he doesn't miss a beat. Never seems rattled and always gives great service. The food and drinks were great as always. Keep up the good work. It's nice to have a consistantly good place to go.
we're golden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to we're golden For This Useful Post:
NickNH (02-21-2012), WakeboardMom (02-19-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #25
Marauder

Default The Bobhouse

Went to The Bobhouse for late lunch and sat at the bar, terrific bartender, and the sandwiches were more than ample, also homemade fries - GREAT! Prices are what you would expect at a Pub, very reasonable.
Will definitely be back!
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote