Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
PHDIII

Default Quilting Guilds

Quilt Lady (and others),
I love your logo. I am an avid quilter. I was wondering if you or others could let me know if there are any Quilting Guilds in the Lakes Region. We are currently building a new home on Long Island and will be moving in, in a little over two years. I am trying to locate other Quilt Addicts in the area.
PHDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
Quilt Lady

Default Avid or rabid Quilter?

Thank you for the kinds words on the avatar. Rattlesnake Gal helped me with it: it is part of a 50" square "Storm At Sea" quilt which hangs on a wall in our house. As for Quilt Guilds, I know there is one in Wolfeboro and another in Laconia. Both are fairly good sized. There are other smaller groups around the lake. You'll have to look in your area for the smaller groups. Check with the people at Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, they should know. You can always do what we did in our neighborhood . . . we started our own small group. We gather once a week in our neighborhood and work on our various projects. We all have different interests so we help each other out when trying new techniques. While we don't usually get a great deal done, we do have a lot of fun!

(Doing my best to encourage Global Warming ... one quilt at a time!)
Quilt Lady is offline   Reply With Quote