Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Jidge

Default Kitchen Cravings

My wife and I along with my father and wife went to Kitchen Cravings on Sat. around 1:50. We were seated and given our drinks. Thats when we were told the kitchen shuts down at 2:00. The waitress didn't bat an eye. She ran in and told the owner/cook to keep the oven hot. She took our orders and within about 15:00 mins. we had our food. Everyone at the table had a great meal. It was cooked perfect with no problems. I had the Monte Cristo which I would suggest to everyone. It had sliced turkey ,ham and swiss all inside slices of French toast with a fried egg on the bottom. They give you a cup of syrup to dunk in. I will definitely get that again although they have an extensive menu to choose from. They serve all kinds of breakfast and lunch dishes. Its comfortably decorated, you feel like your at home. The owner Bill took the time to come over and talk with us. He gave us the brief history of how he and his wife started the restaurant. The service was top notch. We all gave it two thumbs up. If your ever on RT 11 by the Laconia airport (on the right after you pass the airport on the right ,15 Airport Rd.)and looking for something to eat at a fair price don't hesitate to stop there.
Jidge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jidge For This Useful Post:
Just Sold (11-02-2009), Rattlesnake Guy (11-01-2009), RI Swamp Yankee (11-04-2009), sky_nh (11-02-2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
shamrock

Default MMMMMM Good

Argree with my son Great Meal and Staff
Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Lyver

Default Experience at Kitchen Cravings

I haven't been back to Kitchen Cravings since the first month they opened, as we had two really bad experiences. First time our meal wasn't cooked properly, meat was under cooked, and when my husband ordered a glass of milk it came out with pink lipstick on the rim. No appology or offers to replace it, they just took it away. The second time the food was better, except our waitress had poor service skills. She came to take our order 10 minutes after we arrived (5 minutes after we had stacked our menus indicating that we were ready to order) and then brought us our food and never checked in to see how it was or if we needed a refill on beverages. When we stacked our plates up and my husband gave her eye contact, like we were ready for the bill, she grabbed her cigarettes and tea and went outside to smoke! We had to grab someone else to go get her so we could get our bill and leave. We have not been back since. Has anyone else had either a positive or negative experience at Kitchen Cravings? I'd like to go back if it seems they have solved their issues.
Lyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
dpg

She came to take our order 10 minutes after we arrived (5 minutes after we had stacked our menus indicating that we were ready to order) and then brought us our food and never checked in to see how it was or if we needed a refill on beverages.

She difinitely should of come back however waiting five minutes is perfectly reasonably. I had the opposite experience last week on travel for work. Went out to dinner and someone approached my table like 5 times checking on me, it got very annoying.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Took us a little while

We did not go to Kitchen Cravings for the first 3 or 4 months simply because we tend to do breakfast out over here in Alton.

We happened to be over in the Gilford area around lunchtime, and decided to give it a try. Very good food and good service.

We have been back at least ten or twelve times, maybe more, and have never had a bad meal or bad service. There have been a few times when the place was packed and the meals and service was at a slower pace, but we expected that, and would not have taken a seat if we were in that much of a hurry. Food was still good and service was good as well. Can't remember if waitress or waiter came back after serving us as a "tip check", but given the fast pace of the time, not a problem to us. We are not shy, and will get someone's attention if we want more coffee or need something. Easy to please, I guess.

Bottom line, always a good experience.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Pineedles

Thumbs up

I am of the opinion that Kitchen Cravings, based on alot of postings, is a great place to eat. I haven't been there yet for their brunch yet, but it sounds like a good to eat.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
Dave M

Default Lunch

Went up to the Lake to check things out on Friday. Hadn't had lunch at KC so we stopped on the way home. We got there at 1:30pm or so & was debating whether or not to go in so close to closing(2pm). We saw 3 other groups go in so we went in. We were there after closing. We saw another come in at 2pm and KC let them in.
Wife & I had the "Turkey in a Pear Tree" Burger. It was a Turkey paddy with pears on top with lettuce and side of sweet potatoes fries fantastic. Try if you haven't. As previously mention, haven't had a bad meal yet, service has always been good. Owner stopped and talked to us.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
Pineedles

Sounds like a perfect pearing. Thanks for the straight line.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
PHDIII

Default Kitchen Cravings

We had lunch today at Kitchen Cravings, on Airport Rd. off of Rte. 11 in Guilford. First time visit for me.
My Rueben sandwich was stacked with goodies, served quickly and was very HOT with a good portion of fresh hot fries. The Mrs. had the egg salad sandwich which was also very good.
A brownie for dessert (split) and a couple of drinks..total $23.40.

Service was attentive but not overbearing.

All positive with the small exception of Diet Coke served in bottles vs. fountain, i.e., no free refills.

Open for breakfast and lunch only (closes at 2:00PM).

This place is a little off the beaten path but a very nice choice for lunch.
PHDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PHDIII For This Useful Post:
dpg (03-17-2010), Pineedles (03-14-2010)
Old 04-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
nesun326

Default Best breakfast!

I love Kitchen Cravings! I will admit, sometimes service is not "quick," but the servers are always friendly and polite. Also, if your meal will take a little time, they tell you up front. The food here is outstanding. Clearly, everything is homemade. They have some interesting menu items, both for breakfast and lunch. The corned beef hash is amazing!! I could go on and on about the food. Try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed!
nesun326 is offline   Reply With Quote