Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
pamsy30

Default Victorian House in Gilford info

Once again my husband and I just spent two glorious weeks at the lake (before the horrifying storms thank goodness!) and the visit solidified our want to get out of the hustle/bustle/heat/humidity of Miami, FL and into the beauty of the lake! We were perusing the properties for sale around the lake online and noticed the old Victorian House is for sale in Gilford. Does anyone have any input about the location, the state the house is in, how business was there, we would potentially live in and start a restaurant there as well...hubby is a top notch chef and I've got a lot of front of the house experience. I noticed on another thread it was going to be made into apts. Does anyone know if that took place? any input would be appreciated!
pamsy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
angela4design

Default Many years back...

"The Victorian House" was the name of the restaurant, and very much describes the homey interir. It was opened by a couple, family to the Connelly's across the street (The couples name eludes me). The restaurant was very good cuisine. I recall having Duck a l'Orange that was to die for! He ran the kitchen, while the wife ran the front of the house with a small staff. All the herbs were from the garden outside, as well as all the vegetables they could provide.

I don't know what came of the venture, but I wish it had lasted!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
jetskier

Post Long Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
"The Victorian House" was the name of the restaurant, and very much describes the homey interir. It was opened by a couple, family to the Connelly's across the street (The couples name eludes me). The restaurant was very good cuisine. I recall having Duck a l'Orange that was to die for! He ran the kitchen, while the wife ran the front of the house with a small staff. All the herbs were from the garden outside, as well as all the vegetables they could provide.

I don't know what came of the venture, but I wish it had lasted!
The restaurant closed many years ago. I recall seeing the house listed for sale. At this point, it appears to be residential and likely apartments. It is very run down.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
kayakn

We looked at it one year ago. We were very serious and ended up buying a different business. It was in terrible condition. A toilet on the second floor had been disconnected from the plumbing, but it was still "full" and smelled terrible! I am serious! Maybe you could negotiate the price way down. Such a shame. The place has great history and floor plan. It could be a keeper. But, will take lotsa dough to bring it back.

Good Luck...
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote