Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Local Dry Cleaner

i have always gone to the same dry cleaner in Laconia for 20 years. Recently I brought a suit to this establishment. I showed the clerk ( possibly the owner ) a couple of spots I wanted removed. She told that she could do that. A few days later I returned to pick up the suit. I paid her and then she brought me the suit. She then said " Oh by the way the spots wouldn't come out." I realize that I should have asked her before I paid because the suit had to have the spots out to be worn. I told her that and she said nothing. I was rather upset. I am wondering what your take would be on that. Also could you recommend a good dry cleaner. You may recommend the one I have been using as it is quite popular.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Clevenson Dry Cleaner

Been going there for 50 years! Been good to me although the current owners are not as business like as the prior owners.

I was told the cleaners up by Belknap Mall were reasonable.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl View Post
i have always gone to the same dry cleaner in Laconia for 20 years. Recently I brought a suit to this establishment. I showed the clerk ( possibly the owner ) a couple of spots I wanted removed. She told that she could do that. A few days later I returned to pick up the suit. I paid her and then she brought me the suit. She then said " Oh by the way the spots wouldn't come out." I realize that I should have asked her before I paid because the suit had to have the spots out to be worn. I told her that and she said nothing. I was rather upset. I am wondering what your take would be on that. Also could you recommend a good dry cleaner. You may recommend the one I have been using as it is quite popular.

The dry cleaner tried her best to get the spots out and unfortunately they didn't come out. Likely because you spilled something on the suit that was impossible to remove. Was she supposed to know just by looking at the spots whether they could be removed? Of course not. She did the work and tried her best. I am surprised that you would even consider not paying her. Finally, you state that you have been a patron of the establishment for 20-years and it is a popular establishment. My advice is to stick with your existing dry cleaner. Best of luck.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #4
DBreskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
The dry cleaner tried her best to get the spots out and unfortunately they didn't come out. Likely because you spilled something on the suit that was impossible to remove. Was she supposed to know just by looking at the spots whether they could be removed? Of course not. She did the work and tried her best. I am surprised that you would even consider not paying her. Finally, you state that you have been a patron of the establishment for 20-years and it is a popular establishment. My advice is to stick with your existing dry cleaner. Best of luck.
The OP quoted the dry cleaner as saying "she could do that". If the dry cleaner failed to deliver on her promise then she shouldn't charge the customer.
DBreskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

^ Agreed. I would expect an, "I might not be able to get them out" and at least a discount. On the other hand, I also would have stated my history and that it would have been nice to know the expectation of payment if they couldn't get the stains out and then go from there regarding my future business. I always give the owner the option of remedying the situation.
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links