Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Pontoon Goon

I wish you and your wife nothing but the best of luck. Have you considered phone in orders that can be delivered to the docks ?

Last edited by Pontoon Goon; 01-25-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Brain malfunction
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pontoon Goon For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (01-25-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,959 Times in 1,924 Posts
Default Graet Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Goon View Post
Have you considered phone in orders that can be delivered to the docks ?
Now there's a great idea!! You could sell a lot of food to the boaters at the docks!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
donnamatrix

Default Welcome back!

Really glad you are coming back. Your lovely little deli has been much missed.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Bear247

Cool

Congratulations to you both. Very excited to stop by the place on my way to Bear Island..
Bear247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear247 For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (01-25-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Default Congratulations

Congratulations! Good Luck with your new business! Is seafood on the menu? We will stop by in the spring.
chefbrown (01-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
chefbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose tracks View Post
Congratulations! Good Luck with your new business! Is seafood on the menu? We will stop by in the spring.
There will be fresh seafood on the menu. Seafood will be delivered Monday and Thursday and I will run seafood specials based on what I get each week. Meehan's Fish out of Tuftonboro will be supplying our quality seafood and he has the best reputation in the Lakes Region! I eat the scallops he delivers raw out of the bag:-) It's that fresh!
chefbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
NoBozo

I'll bet that almost no one knows that good scallops can be eaten raw. They are every bit as good as warmed..cooked.

I used to like Oysters On The Half Shell in a restaurant ..I think it was the Chart House chain down the East Coast to Florida. If they were really fresh..you could squirt a lemon on them and they would "flynch". Now they are too expensive. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,388 Times in 962 Posts

I LOVE oysters on the half shell, No Bozo! They are so good. I hesitate to eat a lot of any raw seafood because of all the things you hear, but I do love them!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
chefbrown

Quote:
I wish you and your wife nothing but the best of luck. Have you considered phone in orders that can be delivered to the docks ?
Dockside delivery is already part of the plan for the summer! We are trying to think of the best way to make it work. Our thoughts are to do delivery on the hour every hour to the docks. Any thoughts or ideas are more than welcome and thank you very much for your best wishes!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Pontoon Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbrown View Post
Dockside delivery is already part of the plan for the summer! We are trying to think of the best way to make it work. Our thoughts are to do delivery on the hour every hour to the docks. Any thoughts or ideas are more than welcome and thank you very much for your best wishes!!
Chefbrown, You asked for a few thoughts I hope you don't mind if I offer a couple. First of all every hour on the hour may not fit peoples schedule and on certain days dock space may be at a premium making it difficult to connect with boaters. So how about this. Find a high energy young person who can deliver to the docks on a bicycle. Put a sandwich board (no pun intended) on the bike saying :Another great lunch delivered by Lakeside Deli. Or, The lake is our Dining Room, or something to that effect. Put a bell on the bike and have him ring it like a crazy Ice Cream man every time he approaches the docks. Phone # and website on sandwich board and delivery person should pass out menus to other boats while making deliveries. Also after a long day on the boat people may not want to make dinner so why not promote order dinner ahead and pickup at dock. I am making myself hungry I gotta go.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
chefbrown

Quote:
Chefbrown, You asked for a few thoughts I hope you don't mind if I offer a couple. First of all every hour on the hour may not fit peoples schedule and on certain days dock space may be at a premium making it difficult to connect with boaters. So how about this. Find a high energy young person who can deliver to the docks on a bicycle. Put a sandwich board (no pun intended) on the bike saying :Another great lunch delivered by Lakeside Deli. Or, The lake is our Dining Room, or something to that effect. Put a bell on the bike and have him ring it like a crazy Ice Cream man every time he approaches the docks. Phone # and website on sandwich board and delivery person should pass out menus to other boats while making deliveries. Also after a long day on the boat people may not want to make dinner so why not promote order dinner ahead and pickup at dock. I am making myself hungry I gotta go.
We have already thought of the bike as it is a great idea. My concerns about the bike is if we are permitted to ride on the sidewalk over to the docks. If not that is a CRAZY corner with traffic in the summer and do not want to endanger anyone just to deliver food. I want a 3 wheel bike with a big basket and sign and flag. Love the bell idea!! If the bike idea can't work, it's only about a 5min walk over to the docks and our energetic delivery person will definitely stay fit!! Thank you for your thoughts! Love it!!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
winniboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbrown View Post
We have already thought of the bike as it is a great idea. My concerns about the bike is if we are permitted to ride on the sidewalk over to the docks. If not that is a CRAZY corner with traffic in the summer and do not want to endanger anyone just to deliver food. I want a 3 wheel bike with a big basket and sign and flag. Love the bell idea!! If the bike idea can't work, it's only about a 5min walk over to the docks and our energetic delivery person will definitely stay fit!! Thank you for your thoughts! Love it!!
I LOVE THIS, not only do i miss the deli, but i love the idea of the delivery. And the person who runs the food will sure make some good tip money, people with big boats have big pockets. All the gas dock attendants know this.
winniboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #13
Greene's Basin Girl

Personally I don't see why many customers can't walk to the deli. It is a short walk. I for one will be walking over to your place from the docks for your delicious food.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (03-10-2012), MeredithNeck (03-09-2012), nicole (01-26-2012), upthesaukee (01-26-2012), Winnisquamguy (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
LongBay

Default More docks needed...

How about asking the town of Meredith to put in some town docks on the other end of town. It would help us boaters who want to go to the new Lakeside Deli and Grille, get some provisions at Hannaford's or getting a cup of joe at Dunkie D's.
LongBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #15
Greene's Basin Girl

It would also add more boat parking on those beautiful days when everyone is visiting Meredith. More docks would certainly be very nice!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBay View Post
How about asking the town of Meredith to put in some town docks on the other end of town. It would help us boaters who want to go to the new Lakeside Deli and Grille, get some provisions at Hannaford's or getting a cup of joe at Dunkie D's.
If your name was Rusty McLear, you could put docks up in a heartbeat - with no questions asked. I'd like to know how he gets away with all these new improvements to Church Landing in areas that are supposedly within the Shoreland Protection Act buffers.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
Bear Island South

How about keeping this thread relevant to the Lakeside Deli and Grille.
What Church Landing has done has no bearing on the new business that is starting up.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Bear247 (01-27-2012), BroadHopper (03-10-2012), chefbrown (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
watrskir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
If your name was Rusty McLear, you could put docks up in a heartbeat - with no questions asked. I'd like to know how he gets away with all these new improvements to Church Landing in areas that are supposedly within the Shoreland Protection Act buffers.
this needs a "LIKE" button!
watrskir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by watrskir View Post
this needs a "LIKE" button!
Its called a "THANKS" button and its on the bottom right.
AKADQ (01-27-2012), Billy Bob (05-21-2012), chefbrown (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
watrskir

Quote:
Originally Posted by siksukr View Post
its called a "thanks" button and its on the bottom right.
really......?
watrskir is offline   Reply With Quote