Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
AC2717

Default Anyone Else?

I do not know about anyone else, but daughter, wife and myself cannot wait for Thursday night to get here to officially start the season!!!!!

All that is on our minds, which is probably why the day is dragging.
My wife last night said, "is it thursday yet??
My Daughter woke up this morning and asked the same thing and said she just wants it to be thursday already, when I had to remind her it was Monday

Here we go Thursday, Here we go..
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Happy Gourmand

Default Us too!

But not till Saturday AM due to some unfortunate family obligations....can't wait!!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
NHBUOY

...weatherwise...you aren't missing much.....but looks to clear up just in time for you guys......
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBUOY View Post
...weatherwise...you aren't missing much.....but looks to clear up just in time for you guys......
At this point, weather is not even bothering me, but I am sure it will if it is bad over the weekend at that point. Right now just want to get there
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
bresmom82

Default Love it up North, can't wait either!!

We are leaving Friday. Can't wait to head up there and get away. My countdown started last week!!
bresmom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
eillac@dow

Funny….yesterday talking with my husband…I said…Ok…you head straight from work to NH Friday night (he works in Boston and we live South…no sense in heading home). The kids have no school, so I figure they can go up with their aunt or grandmother. This Friday, at my work…we start half day Fridays….so I figure I will just hit the road from work. Good…everything is planned!

Got to work this morning…started thinking of the weekend…and what comes to mind….BUT THE DOG! How is Hunter getting to NH?

If anyone is looking forward to NH….it is Hunter. He just needs the island to just GO AND RUN! One full weekend of no leashes, no electronic collar….just doing what he wants. Plus he gets to meet up with his Canine friends from last summer!

Looks like I will be making the 50 minute drive home to pick up Hunter!

It was a long Winter….and this Spring is killing me. Pray for sun! Have fun everyone!
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
tricia1218

Hoping to be on the road early afternoon on Friday, pick up neice on the way. Husband, daughter, and dog will already be at the lake, hoping they can get all the hard lifting done before I get there :-) Here is hoping for better weather! So ready the weekend and it is only Monday.
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Bring your Black Fly juice up too. It stopped raining for a bit yesterday and when I went to mow my foot high lawn, the black flies went on a rampage. I was covered in them every time I would stop to go the other way with the mower.... Can't wait for the mosquitoes with all this water and standing ponds.
Yeah it's gonna be a great weekend to sit indoors and play cards!......
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
Jeanzb1

We left Florida (hot, humid and bumper crop of lovebugs) on May 10th and arrived at Lake Winni on May 11th. Gorgeous weather on the 12th......and we have not turned off the heater, nor seen the sun ever since. Rain, rain, and more rain. And in Florida they are in a severe drought and would LOVE some of our rain. Oh well, it's good Scrabble, knitting, Internet, and reading weather.....
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Newbiesaukee

We came up for the season last week. Weather is not great....but I wouldn"t want to be anywhere else.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
Lakesrider

Well, there is a bit of a positive note to all this. I have been getting a lot of house cleaning done. I got rid of two pick up truck loads of plain old junk. I got two bags of clothes off to Good Will and 7 coats off to the coat drive bin at Burlington Coat outlet in Nashua. Tonight, I tuned up some power tools and sharpened the lawn mower blades. Next up is to do some finish painting left over from my bathroom remodel project of last Fall. Yeah I procrastinated just a bit. And if this keeps up I am going to put in a tile back splash in the kitchen. If the weather breaks and the sun comes out I am off cruising in the Cobra instead of the Honey Do projects...
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
eillac@dow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Well, there is a bit of a positive note to all this. I have been getting a lot of house cleaning done. I got rid of two pick up truck loads of plain old junk. I got two bags of clothes off to Good Will and 7 coats off to the coat drive bin at Burlington Coat outlet in Nashua. Tonight, I tuned up some power tools and sharpened the lawn mower blades. Next up is to do some finish painting left over from my bathroom remodel project of last Fall. Yeah I procrastinated just a bit. And if this keeps up I am going to put in a tile back splash in the kitchen. If the weather breaks and the sun comes out I am off cruising in the Cobra instead of the Honey Do projects...
And if you manage to finish that list....and the weather is lousy...please feel free to swing by my house....I got a "boat"load of stuff that needs to be done!

Last edited by eillac@dow; 05-23-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: missed a word
Old 05-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
Lakesrider

Ummm....Ummm....Cough, cough....ooooh, I think I might be coming down with the flu or something else terrible and debilitating....Like Mono.......Cough Cough.....Sniffle, sniffle......
Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
Flylady

Default I can smell the water!

OK,
In final count down. Woke up this morning and I could actually imagine the smell of the lake! I fly in on Friday and can't wait. Weather doesn't matter just to be back will be enough.... first stop "dunkin donuts" (they are not in CA) oh yea the seafood taste great rain or shine
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #15
eillac@dow

Quote:
Ummm....Ummm....Cough, cough....ooooh, I think I might be coming down with the flu or something else terrible and debilitating....Like Mono.......Cough Cough.....Sniffle, sniffle......
Nice try...but I don't believe you for a minute.

Quote from Fly Lady
I can smell the water!
OK,
In final count down. Woke up this morning and I could actually imagine the smell of the lake! I fly in on Friday and can't wait. Weather doesn't matter just to be back will be enough.... first stop "dunkin donuts" (they are not in CA) oh yea the seafood taste great rain or shine

Welcome back Fly Lady!. I think what I like ...are the folks that are a "good distance away". They have such a yearning for the lake...and the fact that it is not close to them must make it a long stretch till they get back. I have a great appreciation for the lake and I know those that are so far away must miss it terribly. Thankfully, I do have the option of heading North for the weekend (every now and then) but to be so far away must be a killer!

Welcome back and enjoy your DD coffee
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
Flylady

Default Thanks Eillac

The stories I can tell about the count downs until May.......after all this time I still get goosebumps when I make the final turn onto my road to the cottage, and shed tears when I have to leave back to CA. I find I marvel at so many simple things when I am there that the locals and many near by have long begun to take for granted.
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flylady For This Useful Post:
trfour (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 AM   #17
Rag Top Daze

Default Ready to welcome all of you back!

I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to live here all year. I absolutely love living where everyone wants to come to vacation. I grew up in a Maine coastal town. I used to spend my winters on the Gulf coast of Florida. Now I live in Moultonborough. To me, living in a resort area is great and I can't wait to see all the summer people come back. It's in my blood I guess. I don't even mind the traffic. I just drop my top (not much this year so far) and go with the flow.

On the subject of the weather, as bad as it it, after watching the news last night, I suddenly realized we here in the northeast should be counting our lucky stars that all we have to deal with is a little rain! We still haven't had the chance to cut our grass even once yet and if we don't get it done soon, we'll have to bale it! The one or 2 days that we could have done it, it was more important to spend with my mother who was in the hospital after having a stroke. The grass will wait! There are more important things than having a well groomed yard.

I live for a rag top day
Rag Top Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #18
NH_boater

While we don't live on the lake, we will here in NH. Our primary house only 75 minutes away from the lake, and our lake house. This makes weekends pretty easy to pull off, which we have been doing.

Only a few more weeks until school is out and we are up here full time for the whole summer.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #19
dpg

Hate to "rain" on everyones parade but Friday and Saturday right now isn't sounding the greatest. I too have been itching to "get up there." Actually, itching really, really bad...
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #20
Lakesrider

Whatever anyone does don't come through Meredith at usual heavy traffic times. They are doing road/pipe construction at the main intersection near the Lago/Mills.
(You have to love when they plan these projects. I wonder if it is the beginning of the round about project slated for that intersection?)
I got stuck there yesterday for quite some time and there wasn't even much traffic. If they don;t have that wrapped up by Thursday......Yikes is all I can say.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
Meredith lady

Default traffic

The road project will be wrapped up on Thursday from what i have been told. This wasn't a planned "fix"...there was trouble with underground pipes from the town water main to the bank.
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #22
Lakesrider

Hmmm. When I was at the bank back in April, they told me that the pipe was "the wrong size or something" and to get ready for some delays getting to/out the drive in. Glad to hear it will be done Thursday though. They must be under some pressure to get out of the way by then. "Pressure" get it....Pressure Like water pressure...ahhh, never mind....
Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
SIKSUKR

Quote:
"Pressure" get it....Pressure Like water pressure...ahhh, never mind....
Yup.I hope the job doesn't run into this weekend or the flow of traffic will freeze.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #24
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Can't Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
Got to work this morning…started thinking of the weekend…and what comes to mind….BUT THE DOG! How is Hunter getting to NH?
Don't you know that Friday is take your dog to work day?!

Looking forward to having my mom, both sons with girlfriends this weekend. Should be fun!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #25
AC2717

Default Omg

I can't take it anymore

Two days left of work including today
1 sleep
packing up the car tonight right before bruins game
Begging my mother to bring my daughter to my work so we can leave right from work (wife only works a quarter mile from my work)

beautiful day today
Accuweather on my phone saying 80, 79,79,78 for weather Friday through Monday with only clouds on Saturday, but weather.com saying same temps but chance of Thunderstorms at 40% all weekend
- hoping accuweather is correct

THis intense suspense of taking off is killing me!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #26
AC2717

T minus 6.5 hours till I leave for the lake

oh yEAH
Old 05-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
WakeboardMom

We're on our way! Should be there in time to watch the big game!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #28
NHBUOY

Thumbs up

...Hey WBMom...did I see ur fams woody heading out of town today.?..Happy Memorial Day to you guys...
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote