Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
KBoater

Question Snow on the Mountains

Did anyone notice the snow on the Ossipees this morning? It was on the lower ridges. I also noticed that the higher mountains are all snow covered. I usually come back to NH at Xmas to get my snow fix. This is an early start.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
Grant

Default Record Snowfall on Mt. Washington

The Mt. Washignton observatory recorded a record 24-hour snowfall total for October -- breaking a 36-year record (25.7"), and has already reached 25% of the average year's snowfall -- and October ain't even over yet! The summit got hit with 72 inches of snow in the past 12 days. Unreal. Just shows what that sort of "uber storm" can whip up when blended with a healthy dose of frigid air.

The view from Hedgehog Hill showed some white stuff on Chocorua as well. As you said, nice early start.

Now let's get that lake level down a few notches before an early freeze sets in!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Thumbs up Wildcat

Wildcat open today at 10 AM. They have 40" of powder at the top and 16" at the base. 6 trails open!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
Lady Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboater
Did anyone notice the snow on the Ossipees this morning? It was on the lower ridges. I also noticed that the higher mountains are all snow covered. I usually come back to NH at Xmas to get my snow fix. This is an early start.
I can only notice the snow on the Ossipees via these webcams. That is enough for me. However, I will always get a kick out of the change of seasons, however vicariously. Thank goodness for memories.

Safe boating, FLboater.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
SIKSUKR

What a truely spectacular site this weekend to see Mt Washington in all it's glory with a heavy winter coating of white,against a brilliant blue sky and still foliage on loe\wer levels.I'm getting chills thinking about it now.Skied Wildcat on Saturday.Got to my skihouse in Franconia and found a large tree had fallen in the driveway from the heavy snow on the still leave covered trees.This weekend was exactly why I love NH in all seasons.