Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
Lady Di

Default Oh for a cool evening up there...

Ah Ha. It's cool up there for sure.......and I wish I was there.

It's finally getting cool here, but not the same . Not time here for a fire in the fireplace yet, but hopefulluy, soon.

Have a great day, and stay safe, all.

And DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:22 AM   #2
Dave R

We've had a few fires in the fireplace so far this Autumn. Nice to just sit and listen to light jazz or classical music by firelight with my wife while the kids are in bed. No TV or other distractions.

The slow pace of weekday afternoons and evenings this time a year (due to the darkness and the inability to do outdoor projects) allows me to unwind from the frantic but fun pace of Summer. By March, cabin fever will have set in and I'll be dying to get out and do something, but for now, I am thoroughly enjoying doing nothing when I can. Miss my boat though.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
SIKSUKR

Lady Di,I wish I was going to be here this weekend.I'm headed your way this afternoon and straight towards a cat 5 hurricane!I'm not real crazy about possibly being stranded in Fla for a few extra days.I'm supposed to fly out of Orlando on Sunday afternoon but that doesn't too good right now.Wish me luck and if I don't return,it's been wonderfull chatting with all you Winni Forum regulars. SS
Old 10-19-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Lady Di

Default I absolutely do wish you the best Siksuckr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Lady Di,I wish I was going to be here this weekend.I'm headed your way this afternoon and straight towards a cat 5 hurricane!I'm not real crazy about possibly being stranded in Fla for a few extra days.I'm supposed to fly out of Orlando on Sunday afternoon but that doesn't too good right now.Wish me luck and if I don't return,it's been wonderfull chatting with all you Winni Forum regulars. SS
This kinda suprises me.... After all, you were less than kind to me a few months ago. See? It's all about sharing.......you live there, I live here, you visit here, I visit there.

The weather is great EVERYWHERE, once in a while, and stinks EVERYWHERE once in a while.

There should be a link to a board that talks about Winni lovers who are away, and specifically in Florida. Come to my MOunt Dora refuge. You will see what I mean.....(*mutters under breath that the real estae will just be driven up*.) I love there, but it's okay to live there, too.

Nice to hear from ya, and I am glad we're friends. At least I hope we are.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #5
SIKSUKR

Lady Di,I was not too kind to you?If I remember right,You were going on and on about how much you dislike the weather in NH.Just defending what I beleive to be a much better climate than Florida.And after having just returned from 4 90 degree,very humid days,hiding inside air conditioned spaces to get out of that thick,body sweating air,and having just escaped another hurricane by mere hours,I am more sure than ever that I'd take the four seasons of NH any day.What a nice feeling to get off the plane and smell that crisp clean air.Don't get me wrong,I like to visit Fla,but I'll leave the full time residency for you.We are all different people with different tastes,that's all.I just crave the taste of Lake winni's climate over Florida any day.Where do I ski and wake up to a carpet of white on a stellar blue day in the winter?Where do I see the wonderfull spectacle of fall foliage and the feeling of a new beginning in spring followed by those awesome months on the big lake?You got it.New Hampshire!!I'm glad your happy down there but I bet 90% of the forum members,like me,wouldn't swap places with you.Having said all this doesn't mean I don't like you,I just have a different appetite!! SS
Old 10-24-2005, 09:24 AM   #6
Bald Peak Clubber

Smile Nh & FL

Just my two cents, but while love the Lakes and all of New Hamphire, I must say that my annual trek back down to Florida is a welcome reprieve from the bitterness of Jack Frost in a few months. Just older bones, I suppose. Though the recent spate of wet and blustery down in the Keys does give one pause. I'm hoping the winter finds it calmer by far. My hat is doffed to all of you hearty souls who embrace the white season so fervently!
Bald Peak Clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Lady Di

Default 10:44 P.M. and all is well..

I see by The Weather Channel that you are all in a mess of cold and rain.

My thoughts are with all of you. Continue to stay safe.

Yes, I love it there, and yes I am glad I am not there now.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
Lady Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Peak Clubber
Just my two cents, but while love the Lakes and all of New Hamphire, I must say that my annual trek back down to Florida is a welcome reprieve from the bitterness of Jack Frost in a few months. Just older bones, I suppose. Though the recent spate of wet and blustery down in the Keys does give one pause. I'm hoping the winter finds it calmer by far. My hat is doffed to all of you hearty souls who embrace the white season so fervently!
Ah....it's been a while since I read all these posts.
You see, not all people who read these posts feel as we do. Some are so staunchly defensive they can barely give anyone else credit for having an iota of sense. Me'thinks that those that are so defensive have never been away, and have no idea how to deal with those who have been "away".

Just because those of us who enjoy the lack of gray skies, howling winds, cars that don't start, tires that do this...."zhhhhhwwwwwh"....
aren't all Ga Ga about all of it, doesn't mean for a minute that we don't love it. Just means that we can chose what we love about it.

Doesn't mean I can't wait to be back there......but in the meantime......I will enjoy the warm air, the flowers, and the boat festival......and the New Englanders who spend the winter here in abundance. Perhaps they have some info to share. Perhaps not.......
Old 10-25-2005, 09:57 PM   #9
Lady Di

Default Hi Sik

Quote:
Lady Di,I was not too kind to you?If I remember right,You were going on and on about how much you dislike the weather in NH.Just defending what I beleive to be a much better climate than Florida.And after having just returned from 4 90 degree,very humid days,hiding inside air conditioned spaces to get out of that thick,body sweating air,and having just escaped another hurricane by mere hours,I am more sure than ever that I'd take the four seasons of NH any day.What a nice feeling to get off the plane and smell that crisp clean air.Don't get me wrong,I like to visit Fla,but I'll leave the full time residency for you.We are all different people with different tastes,that's all.I just crave the taste of Lake winni's climate over Florida any day.Where do I ski and wake up to a carpet of white on a stellar blue day in the winter?Where do I see the wonderfull spectacle of fall foliage and the feeling of a new beginning in spring followed by those awesome months on the big lake?You got it.New Hampshire!!I'm glad your happy down there but I bet 90% of the forum members,like me,wouldn't swap places with you.Having said all this doesn't mean I don't like you,I just have a different appetite!! SS
Hope you're home safe. Hope the warm air didn't disturb you too much....and that you can smell the crisp clean air of NH.

For real, stay safe.

(p.s.) my appetite is different, also.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #10
KonaChick

Thanks for your thoughts Lady Di! It's nothing us hardy New Englanders aren't used to though. I remember about 11 years back when we were getting a central air conditioning unit installed in our home in May...it was snowing! Ahhhhhhhhh you know what they say about New England, if you don't like the weather...wait a minute!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:50 AM   #11
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Di
Hope you're home safe. Hope the warm air didn't disturb you too much....and that you can smell the crisp clean air of NH.

For real, stay safe.

(p.s.) my appetite is different, also.
Home safe and sound thank you.I trust all is well in your neck corner of the world.Looks like all the devistation was limited to the southern part of the state.My mom and dad drove to their winter home in Venice on Sunday after I left them and told me they never lost power and that the winds were not too bad.We actually had higher winds here along with some of that wonderfull "white gold"!2 more weeks till I strap on the skis and feel the power of gravity's motor!You don't know what your missing LD.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
mets3007

Default my 2 and a half cents

I live here in Ny and its freezin so it must be cold up there I always check the Citizen for news and stuff. I would never want to live in NH cause of the cold weather and there is not much to do in the Lakes Region other than ski. I prefer it here in NY where there are things to do
mets3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 AM   #13
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets3007
I live here in Ny and its freezin so it must be cold up there I always check the Citizen for news and stuff. I would never want to live in NH cause of the cold weather and there is not much to do in the Lakes Region other than ski. I prefer it here in NY where there are things to do

And your connection to the Lakes Region is?? (with all due respect)
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 AM   #14
Lady Di

Default All is fine here, thanks.

Quote:
Home safe and sound thank you.I trust all is well in your neck corner of the world.Looks like all the devistation was limited to the southern part of the state.My mom and dad drove to their winter home in Venice on Sunday after I left them and told me they never lost power and that the winds were not too bad.We actually had higher winds here along with some of that wonderfull "white gold"!2 more weeks till I strap on the skis and feel the power of gravity's motor!You don't know what your missing LD.
Yes, our neck of the woods fared very well. The storm was pushed through very quickly here, by an amazing cold front. So nice to have the windows open after the long, stuffy summer.

As for you? Enjoy it all. And yes, I DO know what I'm missing. And that's why I'm here.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:05 AM   #15
Lady Di

Default Thinking of you tonight.

I see by the webcam that it's clear and cold.

Just want you all to know that I am thinking of you, and wanting all of you to be safe.

Last edited by Lady Di; 11-10-2005 at 01:19 AM. Reason: spelling error
Lady Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #16
Orion

Default Safe from what?

Is there a hurricane headed our way?
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #17
KonaChick

Safe from the clear and cold i guess...
Old 11-11-2005, 06:26 PM   #18
GTO

Default warmer than you think....

You just can't see the smoke from our wood stoves on the web cam. You can't get that in Florida.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #19
Orion

Default Caution

I hope it doesn't get an clearer. Then I get worried.

Time to throw another log on the fire.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #20
Lady Di

Default Safe from anything.

I didn't say to stay safe from the clear and cold. I merely said that I saw that it Was clear and cold, and to stay safe.

By the way, we had a fire in OUR fireplace last night. Very nice.