Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
Just Sold

Default It's That Time Again!

Lilly wants to remind everyone not to forget to set the clocks back this Sat 10/29/05
Old 10-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
Lady Di

Default Hi there.

I want to thank Lilly for the reminder, although I probably would have remembered. You see, that is why I am still up.

I love the shorter days here in Florida. Tonight is chilly enough that we have a fire in our fireplace, but still have the windows open to sleep with the fresh air. Pretty neat. The scent of woodsmoke, along with the cool fresh air.

What a beautiful day at the the Lake. The Weirscam photo this morning was awesome. Perfectly still water, and beautiful sunrise. Is the color on the mountains as pretty as the picture made it look?
Old 10-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Lady Di

Default Hello?

It sure looks pretty up there. Is it really as pretty as it looks in the web photos?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
Island Girl

Default Saturday was perfect

I was on the island Friday and Saturday. The forecast for Saturday was rain, maybe snow and 15 mph NW wind... the direction that creates those big rolling waves.

Saturday was partly sunny, cool and calm. The lake was just gorgeous. The trees had a few brilliant waves of irridescent yellow against the brown and green of the others.

Walking on the trail between my friends' house and mine was very very peaceful and quiet. Once in a while a boat could be heard, but otherwise very still. The turkeys roamed by looking for food.

Just hanging out by the dock, we saw the Mount coming... very cool on this late October day. I will post pictures when I can...

The lake was 1.5 inches from the top of my dock and getting out of the boat down to the dock was unusual.

There was snow all across the Presidential range and others. The Ossipee's has little snow left, but the top of Gunstock had white trails. Fall is a wonderful season at the lake, with the pungent smell of a wood stove, fabulous tenderloin steaks on the grill and good friends. I just love this place.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
secondcurve

Default Last Trip:

Island Girl:

Thanks for the wonderful description of the lake. I'm sure it filled the void for many of us who have not had our Winni fix in recent weeks. Is this your last island visit for the season? If not, when do you pull your boat? A final question. Did those turkeys fly into Rattlesnake or were they stocked there? As I understand it, all of the turkeys in NH are originally from the state's turkey stocking program. I hope they don't hunt on Rattlesnake. Have a good week.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
Island Girl

Default Not Yet!

I am fortunate to have friends on the island who will be there through November, wind and weather permitting... so I may just get some more island time this year. (I really need to stay home and remove some leaves and get the snowmobile ready)

My boat should have been pulled out yesterday.

I do not know how the turkeys got there but there are a lot of them. They seem to roam from one end of the island to the other... getting fed corn twice a day at one end of the island. They are so funny. Sometimes they walk in a straight line from property to property. Their feathers are getting much darker now.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote