Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
GaryA

Default Beaches

Hello, heading up to the lake next week. Does anyone know if it is poss to drop someone on shore at the State beaches like Ellacoya, and use the beach, of course paying the entrance fee ? My wife doesn't have the same affinity I have for just floating a round in the water all day ;-)
Thanks for any help!
Gary
GaryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
jrc

The Ellacoya SP website doesn't say anything but they don't really list the rules. You can call them.

http://www.nhstateparks.com/ellacoya.html

The Gilfrod town beach has this in the rules:

"Access to this facility by any other means (boat, ATV, fence jumping, etc.) or failure to stop when directed by the Attendant may result in immediate expulsion..."

You could easily drop her off at the Alton, Center Harbor or Weirs beach public docks and she could walk to nearby beaches.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
Hello, heading up to the lake next week. Does anyone know if it is poss to drop someone on shore at the State beaches like Ellacoya, and use the beach, of course paying the entrance fee ? My wife doesn't have the same affinity I have for just floating a round in the water all day ;-)
Thanks for any help!
Gary
When I had my motorhome and we stayed at Elacoya S.P., they used to let us beach our boat just to the right of the launch area. Not sure if they still allow that.

Be aware however this area is extremely shallow!! You will get wet getting to and from your boat.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
You could easily drop her off at the Alton, Center Harbor or Weirs beach public docks and she could walk to nearby beaches.
Long Island Beach in Moultonboro too. You can beach on the other side(east side) of the road from the beach.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote