Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
CrawfordCentury

Default Fiddlehead Farms Comin' to Alton!

Saw the sign in front of the former McGrath's in the village. Says Fiddlehead Farms will be located there soon.

For them that don't know, Fiddlehead is based in Dover at the location of the old Broken Pushcart near the big intersection of routes 108 and 9.

Don't get down there too often, but they have great produce at very reasonable prices. Also, too, they've got a great meat selection. Not much of a sweet tooth on me, but they have a bakery with a lot of goodies.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Argie's Wife

We have a thread going on that from this winter...

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ght=fiddlehead

Someone said, "Alton is still a 'how much do you want for this loaf of bread?' sorta town... I don't think Fiddleheads will work," and I must say I agree with that. They have the building on a lease agreement, as best I know... although I wish all parties the best in this business venture, I admit I have reservations about how this will work in this economy & this town....
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
mg2107

I think it might work in the summer but winter is pretty quiet in that neck of the woods.
mg2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default may slow down, but...

...I know several people who drive to Fiddleheads now, especially for fruit and produce. Quality and price.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
idigtractors

I wish them , but hope they do not take business away from our small local businesses as they have struggled through some hard times and really do not need an lot of competition right now. I guess I'm just partial to small family owned businesses.
idigtractors is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to idigtractors For This Useful Post:
PapaDon (05-10-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
...I know several people who drive to Fiddleheads now, especially for fruit and produce. Quality and price.
Yep. I won't make a special trip, but at least a couple times a month one of us is down there and we'll stock up. I don't much care for all the fancy stuff they carry, but getten grapefruit at 3/$100 and other good prices on good quality fresh produce almost makes a special trip worth it.

Most of our groceries come from Demoulas in Rochester. We treat the Shop n Save at the circle like an oversized convenience mart.

I understand Fiddlehead's hoping to open by June 1. If they can pull it off, we'll continue to go to Rochester for some items and prolly get our perishables at Fiddleheads.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordCentury View Post
Yep. I won't make a special trip, but at least a couple times a month one of us is down there and we'll stock up. I don't much care for all the fancy stuff they carry, but getten grapefruit at 3/$100 and other good prices on good quality fresh produce almost makes a special trip worth it.

Most of our groceries come from Demoulas in Rochester. We treat the Shop n Save at the circle like an oversized convenience mart.

I understand Fiddlehead's hoping to open by June 1. If they can pull it off, we'll continue to go to Rochester for some items and prolly get our perishables at Fiddleheads.
Whoops - I just saw this post after noting the 6/1 open date on another thread... I was in there today with the youngest Arglet and thought it might not be to my family's needs until we spotted the Goldfish cracker display. The Black Bear coffee made me happy...
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote