Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Steveo

Default Info on sailboat worth

I have a 17' O'Day sailboat that I want to sell. Where can you get info on its worth. I have looked at all the classifieds, Craigslist and marina sites and I can't find anything that helps me.

Thank you
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
bilproject

Try this link http://www.iheartodays.com/ad_index.html
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Here's one to NADA

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...MR&gtc=MR&ml=O
Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I have a 17' O'Day sailboat that I want to sell. Where can you get info on its worth. I have looked at all the classifieds, Craigslist and marina sites and I can't find anything that helps me.

Thank you
Depends on the year and condition. I own one of these boats as well, vintage 1970 which I restored a couple years ago. There believe it or not is a huge following for these boats and even registered "fleets" of them. Check out http://daysailer.org. and you will also find a for sale section on there. If your boat is clean complete in good shape and unmolested bet you can fetch a decent price for it. Restored - especially the older ones like mine with all the original wood work are highly sought after.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
kayakn

We bought one last year. 17 ft, 2 sets of sails, trailer for $600.00 We love it! My husband had to repair the hull as it had a small area that was punky. It is now very solid. It still needs some minor treatment but overall is very sound. We had trouble finding one. When this one came along, we jumped at it. Hope this info helps you.
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Steveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakn View Post
We bought one last year. 17 ft, 2 sets of sails, trailer for $600.00 We love it! My husband had to repair the hull as it had a small area that was punky. It is now very solid. It still needs some minor treatment but overall is very sound. We had trouble finding one. When this one came along, we jumped at it. Hope this info helps you.
Thank you. I can't remember the year of my sailboat but it is fiberglass (not wood) and, other than scratches, it is in very good shape.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
fatlazyless

One way to peruse local used sailboats is to go to the boat section of NH craigslist and enter sail into search.

Hey...gee whiz.....lookeee-here....first sailboat on the list is a 1984, O'Day 17'er w/ Evinrude 4hp & trailer for $2995 from Bedford, NH. Seems pretty high in today's market what with all the equity everyone has lost in the housing market, plus the photograph is poor quality and doesn't show the boat. For example, four different photos, up close and brightly illuminated would be a lot better.

Don't see a similar listing in winnipesaukee.com?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Thank you. I can't remember the year of my sailboat but it is fiberglass (not wood) and, other than scratches, it is in very good shape.
You've probably got a DSII or DSIII which indicates its no older than 1973. Like anything price is subject to the condition of the boat and if it's 100% complete and turnkey. There is a cult following for these boats so I don't suspect you'll have to much trouble getting rid of it. On average these typically sell in good shape for around $1500.

Hey Cape Cod Ship Building has the hull molds and still makes them to this day.... 10K new before you throw in any options or sails. 14K for the racing model.

Less- that one on Craigs does come with a O/B motor and those can be pretty expensive so that could explain the price, especially if the engine is relatively new.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
kayakn

Steveo,

Our's is fiberglass, too. I was referring to the fiberglass having a soft spot. Ours is mid 70's vintage. I do agree that you should have good luck selling it. They are very popular.

Good Luck,
kayakn
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote