Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
coley

Default cant believe another week/another year

Just got home yesterday from our 23rd year of one week on Jockey Cove in Wolfeboro-another wonderful week flew by way too fast!! I can get very used to being up and dressed by 630AM to go get the morning paper and coffee by boat in downtown Wolfeboro. Great to see Deb at Goodhue Hawkins to get our rental boat-three great trips to Meredith to get Guiseppe's pizza and hang on the docks there. Great week of weather-only bad day was Wednesday which gave me a chance to drive to Weirs Beach and hit the arcades-despite being 54 love to go spend a few moments being a kid again. The lake was really kicked up on Thursday-bumpy ride to Winter Harbor and down to Alton Bay. Another great week of family memories and kissed the dock goodbye yesterday at 9am-hope to see you next year!!
coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
winnisummergal

Default I feel the same

I returned last week from a wonderful 2 weeks at the lake. I find it harder to leave and re-acclimate to AZ every year. Leaving is so depressing, the whole car is quiet on the ride to the airport and we are all a bit cranky the morning we leave. A year to return seems so far away. If I only had the winning powerball numbers. lol
winnisummergal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winnisummergal For This Useful Post:
kjm45 (08-18-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

This thread reminds us to remember how lucky we are to be able to enjoy the lake. Each day at the lake is a day to cherish and keep in our memories forever!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
camp guy (08-17-2014), CateP (08-18-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Jeanzb1

I can most certainly understand how you feel, WinniSummerGal, about leaving the lake and knowing you're not returning for another year. I used to feel the exact same way until we finally sold our Florida condo and relocated up here year-round. Not a day goes by that we don't say to each other how lucky we are to live here. It's a magical place filled with gorgeous scenery and so much to do. So just remember this Winni prayer:

Like diamonds thy waters,
Like velvet thy trees,
So pure is the air,
So soft is the breeze
That I'm loathe to leave thee, Dear Winnipesaukee,
But to God I implore the grace to return again to thy shores.

Last edited by Jeanzb1; 08-16-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Omission
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeanzb1 For This Useful Post:
winnasake (08-18-2014), winnisummergal (08-18-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
phoenix

We will be heading back to Phoenix on Wednesday but I will be back for few days in September. It's been a great summer
Old 08-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
coley

Default Ditto

I guess we are just like everyone else upon departure-absolutely hate leaving. I am always the last one to leave and I kiss the dock before I go-we have had a tradition for a number of years now where I have to drive the kids (26,24,17) up for lunch at Garwoods between XMAS and New Years so we get our lake fix-I ask the property owners if we can take winter pictures on the dock and it is so much fun........and it reminds us of only seven or eight months before we return. So I see it in summer and winter-cant imagine what it looks like in the fall and in the spring-I could definitely do the year round thing-but need the winning powerball to do so....keep trying!!
The Following User Says Thank You to coley For This Useful Post:
winnisummergal (08-18-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
coley

Default hey winnisummergal and Phoenix

btw, cheer the diamondbacks on-a good friend of mine is the third base coach of the team............
The Following User Says Thank You to coley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
GTO

Default Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnisummergal View Post
I returned last week from a wonderful 2 weeks at the lake. I find it harder to leave and re-acclimate to AZ every year. Leaving is so depressing, the whole car is quiet on the ride to the airport and we are all a bit cranky the morning we leave. A year to return seems so far away. If I only had the winning powerball numbers. lol
My oldest son graduated Emerson this spring and accepted a job at KGUN television in Tucson producing the morning news show. He left the 1st week of July and has been missing the lake ever since. Plus he's still not used to the 107 degree temp