Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
coley

Default It is over-wait until next year and back to reality

Back home after a gorgeous nine days on Jockey Cove in Wolfeboro-only two hours of rain one afternoon and that was it. Great time with the family, did everything I said I would in a previous post except catch the four bass-did the boat to Meredith four times, tubed, relaxed, cooked with charcoal, nothing better-now back to reality. I dont know why I hadnt found the sand bar behind Sleepers in the previous twenty years up there but that was fun.

One thing I did notice was I thought the wind was quite strong for this time of year late in the day on many afternoons-made for a fun boat ride getting sprinkled with lake water and made for nice times on the dock without bugs at night.

Hoping to do it all again next year................still hated the feeling of saying goodbye at the dock as the family vehicle awaited us to head home...........
coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
jkjoshuatree

Talking I Know How You Feel Coley...

I'm leaving Friday after being up here for a month. And I guess we were neighbors (if you're leaving Jockey heading towards the main part of the lake, I'm five or six house up on the left).

But what amazing weather we had. Thursday was the day it rained for a bit but then it cleared up and we had an amazing night! No bugs at all. I haven't been bitten once!!

I'm not even gone yet and I'm already planning my packing/to do list for next year. And hopefully if my business takes off like I know it has the potential to , I'll have a boat next year. No more paying for one day what a monthly payment would be!!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
This'nThat

It's over? Dang it, cut short again. I was just getting started, then I read your post, and....

Are you sure? No mid-summer evening sunsets in my future? No anticipation of this coming fall cruises to see the leaves? No wondering where the folks went after Labor day? No looking forward to ice-in and the start of winter sports on the lake?

Well, I'll tell you what -- next year, I'm gonna pay more attention, and not get caught napping only to wake up and find out "IT'S OVER"! That's a promise.

{mumble, mumble} - this is a nightmare - {grumble, grumble}
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Well, you could move up here....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
LadyJane

Default wonderful memories

Yes, back home already, but......we had the best time: walking to the beach at night just to look up at the stars and see a sky we don't see at home....no light pollution. So many good memories: swimming, taking my grand daughter to the Loon Center and Squam Lakes Science Center, walking the trails, climbing Abenaki Tower, driving around and exploring. Wolfeboro....lunch at Garwoods, dinners at Lakehouse and Town Docks.... watching the boats come and go. Daughter and grandson went up in the sea plane for a FABULOUS ride over the lake......taking the time to sit and talk, play games, look out over the water. No computer. Rarely watched t.v. I know...some of these things I can do at home. Already made my deposit on next year's stay, and yes, I'll be back before then. Let's see, how long can I hold out..........October maybe? the Holidays?
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links