Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
ThePlut

Default Mt. Washington - no Meredith?

In checking the water level on Bizer's webpage, I noticed a note on the bottom of the page that:

"Effective in 2009, the M/S Mount Washington no longer serves the ports of Meredith and Center Harbor; Only Weirs Beach, Wolfeboro, and Alton. "

I hadn't seen or read that anywhere (not that I had been looking). Anyone know why? More out of curiosity than anything else.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I did a search and didn't find anything...
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Rattlesnake Guy

The previous thread

These words will make the message long enough to work...
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
fatlazyless

....tomorrow night, Friday June 10 is a Michael Jackson dance-dinner cruise for about 40 dollars.....the right spot to strut your moon walk stuff back across the Mount's dance floor...

Realistically, maybe the Mount should consider doing 'Bingo Night' cruises on their two slowest days. Cash bingo is what the large orange and yellow sign says, outside the Funspot bingo hall up the hill, and it seems to draw a lot of cars maybe six nights /week. NH gambling laws require 'cash bingo' to pay out a certain percentage to a charitable organization, and the Funspot bingo hall names the nearby Weirs Historical Society as its' charity.

Might be worth a try for the Mount Washington as it could attract a new and different group than who's now onboard and help build their business during this rainy summer? After the Mount bingo game gets its' buzz going, possible a Mount Washington Historical Society could be funded......seems like a good fit for the Weirs......and then if other forms of gambling ever get the legislative green light.........bingo!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-10-2009 at 07:01 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....tomorrow night, Friday June 10 is a Michael Jackson dance-dinner cruise for about 40 dollars.....the right spot to strut your moon walk stuff back across the Mount's dance floor...
Maybe in his memory we should take anesthetics and do a header over the railing.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
woodswalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Maybe in his memory we should take anesthetics and do a header over the railing.
Yikes! That is disturbing.
woodswalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
jack1706

Thumbs down Whoaaa...

whoaa... Mr. V (uncalled for )
we don't need another incident up here..... not a good reply !!
jack1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Mr. V

MJ was a drug-addicted pedophile who spent millions on constructing and living in his own private "Neverland."

People should dance on his grave, not moonwalk (badly) during a midnight cruise in his memory.

Yes, his music was popular and trend setting many, many years ago, but the man he became was the most monstrous, sick and twisted celebrity of modern times.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
Pineedles

There are two types of people out there in respect to their feelings about Michael Jackson. Those who believe that his music defines the man, and those believe that his antics overshadow his music. Obviously the Mount management believes there will be enough of the first type to make the themed dinner cruise a success. There's room enough for both types of opinions here.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #9
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Thumbs down Totally uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Mr. V, it must be nice to live in a glass house. But remember addiction IS an illness and your attack on Michael Jackson without any personal knowledge of what he went through to get where he ended up is just downright rude.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
Happy Gourmand

Default Mj

Many of us will make fun of him....most of us will be singing his songs in our cars.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
There are two types of people out there in respect to their feelings about Michael Jackson. Those who believe that his music defines the man, and those believe that his antics overshadow his music. Obviously the Mount management believes there will be enough of the first type to make the themed dinner cruise a success. There's room enough for both types of opinions here.

Well said Jeff! With talk like that I may get you to move "left".
Old 07-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Sorry...but I won't be singing.Great entertainer,but pedophiles are on my short list of people that I don't like.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
no-engine

Cut backs are driven by economics.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Flylady

Thumbs up MJ info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWinnipesaukee View Post
Mr. V, it must be nice to live in a glass house. But remember addiction IS an illness and your attack on Michael Jackson without any personal knowledge of what he went through to get where he ended up is just downright rude.
Agreed....isn't the State of NH the state that prides its self in freedom and justice? Due process of law never found MJ guilty of charges but many passed their own judgments without knowledge of fact. Not a position I would ever want to find myself in and I doubt anyone one this forum would.
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #15
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
Agreed....isn't the State of NH the state that prides its self in freedom and justice? Due process of law never found MJ guilty of charges but many passed their own judgments without knowledge of fact. Not a position I would ever want to find myself in and I doubt anyone one this forum would.
Good lord, the monster's corpse is still warm and the apologists, naysayers and historical revisionists are spinning their web.

Is this a great country, or what?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
fatlazyless

Default Elvis is on the Mount!

Monday, July 13, Elvis will be live onboard the Mount at the 'Tribute to Elvis' dinner dance. Board at 7pm.

Buy one 43-dollar ticket and bring a friend for free. Offer is good on advance orders only. It expires at 12 noon on July 13. Order by phone and pick up prior to boarding. To get the discount, use this code when ordering; LDS-241.

Telephone 366-5531

The real Elvis wil be arriving in his Century Coronado, while the look-alike Elvis will be arriving on the state police helicopter as a diversionary tactic....hmmm!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
RPM

how in the heck did the Mt. Washington's cruse rt. turn into a debate on the newly deceased weirdo of pop.? Anyway if you cruse by the Northeast side of Governors Island ,slow down and look real hard at the Ferris wheel next to Britney Spears cottage. That right folks that white faced guy holding hands with two youngsters is.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote