Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Trail Conditions

Went out with our group on Sat Jan 31, 2009 and had a great day of riding. We started in Meredith and went over to Cumberland Farms in Meredith and up over the hill (which is usually a terrible trail, but was passable) to Waukewan across Waukewan onto the tracks. Headed up past Ashland left onto Bridgewater/Pemi Trails. Those Bridgewater trails are CRAZY good!! Headed up thru Hebron, Groton to Rumney to Plymouth headed out behind the Irving on Rt 175 in Holderness to Little Squam to Big Squam to Moultonboro to Red Hill to Centre Harbor then back to Meredith via Winni. NICE RIDE-GREAT CONDITIONS!! I never saw so many sledders out there as I did on Jan 31, 2009!! Enjoy!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
jetskier

Post Mo' Conditions

We went across Paugus Bay and took the trails over to Gilford. The cover is generally good (a few rocks here and there); the trails were washboard due to all the traffic although it is possible that they have been groomed by now. On the Laconia side, the prison loop is in good shape and there are some decent paths on Winnesquam.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Gatto Nero

Went across the lake from Black Cat and got on the trails at Pier 19. The power lines where is great shape but they got a little rough as we headed toward the Castle trails. They were very rough from the Castle to Center Harbor on 15S
Old 02-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
murph

We rode from center harbor (patrician shores) to red hill and got breakfast at the village. good as usual. then went back to meredith on 15s and got on the rail road. the trails in bridgewater were amazingg!!! Then we crossed newfound and made the loop back to the railroad. fueled up in plymouth and went back on the other side of the river into sandwich notch and back to center harbor across the squam lakes. It was a great ride. the rails to plymouth were rough and 15s under the powerlines to meredith were bumpy too however it was worth the bumps to get to bridgewater.... couldnt ask for better trails! hopefully the rain holds off this week for the most part and the riding stays good. hope everyone had a great weekend riding!
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
hazelnut

Thumbs up Thumbs up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
Went out with our group on Sat Jan 31, 2009 and had a great day of riding. We started in Meredith and went over to Cumberland Farms in Meredith and up over the hill (which is usually a terrible trail, but was passable) to Waukewan across Waukewan onto the tracks. Headed up past Ashland left onto Bridgewater/Pemi Trails. Those Bridgewater trails are CRAZY good!! Headed up thru Hebron, Groton to Rumney to Plymouth headed out behind the Irving on Rt 175 in Holderness to Little Squam to Big Squam to Moultonboro to Red Hill to Centre Harbor then back to Meredith via Winni. NICE RIDE-GREAT CONDITIONS!! I never saw so many sledders out there as I did on Jan 31, 2009!! Enjoy!!
As a member of said "group" I concur with Old Hubbard Road. OHR is a great tour guide and showed me a great day! As a somewhat newbie he now calls me spoiled. ha ha ha. I guess I have yet to experience the bad trail conditions. What a great day, weather, conditions, company, etc. Thanks to the folks who helped us navigate the Little Squam, Big Squam, loop to the Red Hill entrance. Saturday January 31, 2009 will go down in the books for me as one great day!!!

As for today I took the 5 year old twin boys on the sled to The Vilage Kitchen for breakfast, then we hit the powerline trails down the neck road to the lake and shot across Moultonboro bay through the graveyard to Harilla off Long Island so we could spend the day Ice Fishing with a great crew. The trails in Moultonboro definitely took a beating on Saturday and they were quite bumpy today. The boys thought it was funny though to bounce up and down all day.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links