Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
coley

Default Annual sleigh ride (via the car) to Wolfeboro

So for the past 23 years plus we have rented a place on Jockey Cove in Wolfeboro for one week in the summer. In the winter for the last ten or so years, the kids have wanted me to take them to Garwoods for a winter lunch and we go and take pictures on the dock at the place we rent-with the owners permission of course-such fun. So today is the day and it looks like we will have snow on the journey. I think it is Dr. Phil that says traditions are important-we have a couple of good ones going!! I love listening to their stories of past summers on the way up......
coley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coley For This Useful Post:
Airedale1 (01-01-2013), winnisummergal (12-30-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley View Post
So for the past 23 years plus we have rented a place on Jockey Cove in Wolfeboro for one week in the summer. In the winter for the last ten or so years, the kids have wanted me to take them to Garwoods for a winter lunch and we go and take pictures on the dock at the place we rent-with the owners permission of course-such fun. So today is the day and it looks like we will have snow on the journey. I think it is Dr. Phil that says traditions are important-we have a couple of good ones going!! I love listening to their stories of past summers on the way up......
I love to hear about peoples family traditions around the holidays and yours sounds like a lot of fun.
I can remember that when we were young and without gray hair, we would hoof it into the summer camp and go ice skating on the lake and try to heat the cottage with a fire in the fireplace, which never worked. (heating the cottage with the fireplace). We would have to cut a hole in the ice to get water and go without lots of the niceties that one was use to in the summer months.
Going to Garwood's sounds excellent and here we live only 10 miles from it and we never go. Thanks for reminding me and I will make it a point to go next weekend.