Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
gravy boat

Default Last Boat Ride

The presents are away, the wrappings cleaned up and Christmas dinner leftovers ready to be reheated for dinner this evening.

Seems like the perfect time to take a last boat ride with friends on the big lake, have a cocktail at the Lyon's Den, and return home to await ice out for the next boat ride.

Now where did I put my bathing suit......

GB
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
chaseisland

I,m so jealous. Go skinney dipping. With the water so cold nothing to be seen.
chaseisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Belmont Resident

Default ?

Your wacked.... it's 30 here breezy and raw. Even with full tops and heat I'd rather be in a truck. More power 2 ya.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
gravy boat

Default Last boat ride -- 12/26/11

It was definitely something to remember! We headed out a bit before 1 pm from shore. The waves were quite large -- extremely large, actually. We headed out for a quick 1-hour cruise, out to Rattlesnake and between the leg and head on the south side, sheltered from the wind and soaking up the rays. We did see a pontoon boat at a camp on the south side and it looked like they had been spending a few nights out there. God bless 'em!

The ride back was more tumultuous -- larger waves and more bouncy to be sure. But it was a heck of a lot of fun and a great memory!!

GB
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
jsn

Sounds like a great boat ride...one for the "books". BTW, did you get to have your cocktail at Lyon's Den? Happy New Year
jsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Pine Island Guy

Default last boat ride of the year? how about the first?!?!

With the beautiful weather we stayed on the island and celebrated new year's eve. First thing this morning I saw a aluminum skiff coming over from the direction of Five Mile, and correctly guessed it was Misty Blue taking the first boat ride of 2012! Sure enough he came over to the island to wish us a happy new year!!!

It was a spectacular day on the lake, but at the end of the day we pulled our boat and unless we get another 50 degree day, we're off the lake till ice-in...

come on ice IN! -PIG

p.s. I didn't think about it till just now, but I guess technically I was illegal, not having received our 2012 registration yet...
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Island Guy View Post
With the beautiful weather we stayed on the island and celebrated new year's eve. First thing this morning I saw a aluminum skiff coming over from the direction of Five Mile, and correctly guessed it was Misty Blue taking the first boat ride of 2012! Sure enough he came over to the island to wish us a happy new year!!!

It was a spectacular day on the lake, but at the end of the day we pulled our boat and unless we get another 50 degree day, we're off the lake till ice-in...

come on ice IN! -PIG

p.s. I didn't think about it till just now, but I guess technically I was illegal, not having received our 2012 registration yet...

Remember that Winnipesaukee Island dweller's, should at the very least, get some extra perks - slack, already being disallowed some basic coverage by their locale governments!
I don't think that fish & game has any of their boats registered yet either!!

The 2012 budget;
The Senate budget contains few major changes, relative to the House’s proposed budget, within this expenditure category. For instance, where the House had eliminated General Fund support for the Fish & Game Department, the Senate would, over the biennium, provide the Department with the $100,000 in General Funds recommended by the Governor. In addition, the Senate would, relative to the House, increase spending within the Department of Environmental Services by $1.2 million during FY12-13, thus permitting the restoration of staff for pollution control and shellfish protection programs.

My guess would be that you are safe, PIG!!

Thanks for the story.
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Just Sold

Saw 2 people coming in from the Welch Is. yesterday in Gilford. Also saw 2 vehicles with trailers attached at the Glendale parking lot.