Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
JK47

Default Suggestion for Picture Organization

Don,

Wanted to know if there is any way to organize the pictures in photophost by resolution? For example, I often search photophost for desktop wallpaper and because my desktop is at a fairly high resolution (1280 x 854), I spend a good amount of time stumbling through to find appropiate resolution sizes. Thanks for the advice/help!
JK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #2
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb An alternate solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47
{snip} I often search photophost for desktop wallpaper and because my desktop is at a fairly high resolution (1280 x 854), I spend a good amount of time stumbling through to find appropiate resolution sizes. Thanks for the advice/help!
Here's one idea that might help. Instead of trying to find (and be limited to) those pictures which are the *right* resolution, you might try to resize (and crop as needed) those pictures you like. You can use Microsoft Photo Editor (included with Windows XP) to do this although some other picture editors do a better job at resizing (especially up-rezzing). One that's supposed to be good and also easy to use (and is freeware !) is Irfanview.

http://www.irfanview.com/
Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 AM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47
Wanted to know if there is any way to organize the pictures in photophost by resolution?
There is no sort option for that but there is another way to make it easier. Make sure your View mode is on "Gallery". Then sort in descending order by filesize. In the box under each picture the dimensions are shown. Usually the largest file sizes are also the largest resolutions so you'll can easily pick out the resolutions that you want.

Hope that helps.

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote