Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
glennsteely

Thumbs up What a great week....

We started our first vacation for this year with a night at the half moon at the weirs.....nice view! Then it was off to gilford for 3 nights at the fireside inn. Nice place!! Thursday night, after the drive we ate double stuffed lobster rolls and twin lobster dinners at a place right in the weirs....(cant remember the name off hand) but the food was great!!last friday we spent rolling around the lake slow and lazy.....hung in center harbor for a bit around the docks, beach, checked out the mail boat, up close and personal on her dry dock, had sundies at kellerhaus (spelling?) toured the inn and shops at mill falls and strolled around meredith proper. Spent some drive time on govs. Island, admiring the super houses, checked out the new construction going up. Went out meredith neck to spindle point to see our old camps location, and spoke to our old neighbors, walked a few of the properties, cried a bit, smiled a lot more and overall, just soaked up the sun, breeze and feeling of being at home in the place we love most of all in this world. Sat was spent in the north country, franconia notch national park, and all the wonders it has to offer in the spring.....14 miles of walking (wifes fitbit) and touring the trails, waterfalls and senic biways.....drove the kangamangus towards conway from clarks (and the black bears) and back down to the lake through sandwich, stopped in moultonbourough (spelling, again?) ect......sunday it was the 10 am brunch cruise on the mount washington from the weirs to alton bay and back, god, what a beautiful, clear day to be on the water. Food was good too!! Back to the hotel for a short nap for the kids (ok, it was for me) and the afternoon was spent at gilford beach, just hanging around while the kids tore up the place and made some new friends.....evening was spent at funspot after dinner at faro. Man, what a meal!! Monday was a drive to vermont to see some family for a memorial day bbq, a night in the mountains worth of sleep, and tuesday, the ride home.....hated to come home, just like always. Best part of the trip was waiting to make a left turn in the car in a ton of traffic, and a truck with nh plates stopped and waved me into traffic, a quick thank you wave and i was on my way, the 7 year old, from the back seat says, "that would have never happened at home in new jersey, huh?" i said no, drove on and thought to myself......god i love new hampshire!!!
chattypatty (05-27-2015), Closetzguy (05-27-2015), Diana (05-28-2015), Flylady (05-27-2015), georgeisallheart (05-27-2015), jerseyonbear (05-29-2015), Merrymeeting (05-27-2015), mlsmls (05-28-2015), salty dog (05-27-2015), TiltonBB (05-28-2015), trfour (05-28-2015), VitaBene (05-27-2015)
Old 05-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsteely View Post
We started our first vacation for this year with a night at the half moon at the weirs.....nice view! Then it was off to gilford for 3 nights at the fireside inn. Nice place!! Thursday night, after the drive we ate double stuffed lobster rolls and twin lobster dinners at a place right in the weirs....(cant remember the name off hand) but the food was great!!last friday we spent rolling around the lake slow and lazy.....hung in center harbor for a bit around the docks, beach, checked out the mail boat, up close and personal on her dry dock, had sundies at kellerhaus (spelling?) toured the inn and shops at mill falls and strolled around meredith proper. Spent some drive time on govs. Island, admiring the super houses, checked out the new construction going up. Went out meredith neck to spindle point to see our old camps location, and spoke to our old neighbors, walked a few of the properties, cried a bit, smiled a lot more and overall, just soaked up the sun, breeze and feeling of being at home in the place we love most of all in this world. Sat was spent in the north country, franconia notch national park, and all the wonders it has to offer in the spring.....14 miles of walking (wifes fitbit) and touring the trails, waterfalls and senic biways.....drove the kangamangus towards conway from clarks (and the black bears) and back down to the lake through sandwich, stopped in moultonbourough (spelling, again?) ect......sunday it was the 10 am brunch cruise on the mount washington from the weirs to alton bay and back, god, what a beautiful, clear day to be on the water. Food was good too!! Back to the hotel for a short nap for the kids (ok, it was for me) and the afternoon was spent at gilford beach, just hanging around while the kids tore up the place and made some new friends.....evening was spent at funspot after dinner at faro. Man, what a meal!! Monday was a drive to vermont to see some family for a memorial day bbq, a night in the mountains worth of sleep, and tuesday, the ride home.....hated to come home, just like always. Best part of the trip was waiting to make a left turn in the car in a ton of traffic, and a truck with nh plates stopped and waved me into traffic, a quick thank you wave and i was on my way, the 7 year old, from the back seat says, "that would have never happened at home in new jersey, huh?" i said no, drove on and thought to myself......god i love new hampshire!!!
You did more on your vacation then I do in a year. I think when we live here year round we sometimes take for granted all that is around us. I spend all my time on the lake and I never leave it very often. It is easy to forget that there is more in the area besides L. Winnipesaukee.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Misha888 (05-27-2015)
Old 05-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
Misha888

Default Delighted . . .

to read you had a great time. May I recommend for your next visit you look into private vacation rentals on the water next time (that is, if you don't own at Fireside). More reasonable and you can pick your view.

Quote:
glennsteely (05-28-2015)
Old 05-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
glennsteely

Default Nice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha888 View Post
to read you had a great time. May i recommend for your next visit you look into private vacation rentals on the water next time (that is, if you don't own at fireside). More reasonable and you can pick your view.
we did own on the lake, on spindle point for years and years. 5 generations of us enjoyed that privledge, but we no longer own it, much to my heartache!!
Yes, so we know all about the beauty of being waterfront, boat right out front, breeze blowing in all the windows!! Very missed!!
We have rented waterfront several times as well since we sold our place, some times it was great, and a few others, well, not so much. We have rented in alton, very nice place and owners!! Top notch, but we have been asked not to put the name out there. We have also rented from our old neighbor on the lake, so that was like being in our old place.....except our old place is gone, torn down.....sad. We have also rented waterfront cottages in center harbor, that was ok as well....
Our next trip up this summer, we hope to catch a cancellation on a lake front location.....august maybe, we shall see.

The only reason we moved around so much this trip was because the water was too cold to enjoy, and my youngest is at the age where she accually wanted to see stuff this trip, instead of just swimming....lol!!

Believe me, the next trip will be a lay back, enjoy the lake, quiet, cocktail laced, lounge chair vacation, geared for the misses and i......lol!!!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
Misha888

Default We were out there . . .

Cheers to your next adventure.

p.s. Contact me via PM if you come back. I have a few clients who own lakefront.

Quote:
we did own on the lake, on spindle point for years and years. 5 generations of us enjoyed that privledge, but we no longer own it, much to my heartache!!
Yes, so we know all about the beauty of being waterfront, boat right out front, breeze blowing in all the windows!! Very missed!!
We have rented waterfront several times as well since we sold our place, some times it was great, and a few others, well, not so much. We have rented in alton, very nice place and owners!! Top notch, but we have been asked not to put the name out there. We have also rented from our old neighbor on the lake, so that was like being in our old place.....except our old place is gone, torn down.....sad. We have also rented waterfront cottages in center harbor, that was ok as well....
Our next trip up this summer, we hope to catch a cancellation on a lake front location.....august maybe, we shall see.

The only reason we moved around so much this trip was because the water was too cold to enjoy, and my youngest is at the age where she accually wanted to see stuff this trip, instead of just swimming....lol!!

Believe me, the next trip will be a lay back, enjoy the lake, quiet, cocktail laced, lounge chair vacation, geared for the misses and i......lol!!!
Attached Images

glennsteely (05-29-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #6
glennsteely

Default Outstanding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha888 View Post
cheers to your next adventure.

P.s. Contact me via pm if you come back. I have a few clients who own lakefront.
i take it that you are a realtor or a rental agent? I need one!
If so, i will contact you via pm for my next trip and i will also start calling you "my agent" if that is ok with you.

We generally make at least 2 trips up to the area every year, sometimes as many as 4.

Looking forward to doing business with you.