Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
Winni4life

Question Police Tape on the Ice

I took I ride up the lake and stopped by Meredith Bay. I walked out on the ice to find an area that was squared off about the size of a Bob House. The area was blocked off by police tape. Curiousity..... Anyone know if it is a crime scene or inventive way of holding a favorite fishing spot???
Winni4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Irrigation Guy

Lat time I saw police tape I thought the same thing. Come to find out something had broken through the ice on the spot they had taped off. Could be the same scenario. Dunno.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
imalocal

I know that last year, they roped off an area prior to the fishing derby for a demonstration area. They did it early so that no one would put a bob house there. Probably the same thing this year.
imalocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
CanisLupusArctos

It's for demo. Fish & Game does that. When I asked last year they said they were doing some public relations stuff... things like teaching kids how to ice fish, demonstrating all the stuff you normally only get by reading one of their educational pamphlets, etc.

There's also a skating rink they clear every winter that gets cordoned off so people won't rough it up.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
donnamatrix

Default Taped Off Area for Kids Fishing Clinic

Hi Everyone: The area that is taped off will be used by Karinna Jolles of Fish and Game to conduct her "Let's Go Fishing" clinic for kids 12 and under as part of the 30th annual Great Rotary Ice Fishing Derby. The clinics will run approximately every hour on Saturday, Feb. 7 starting at 10am. Kids will learn about safe ice fishing, how to bait a hook, how to stay warm/safe and will go home with a goodie bag of ice fishing stuff likes lures, etc., donated by local merchants. This is the 3rd year for this event. See you on the ice.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links