Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
dpg

Default Where's All The Chatter?

Is it me or has the forum chatter seemed to quiet down with the onset of winter. Come on folks, I'm running outta things to do at work.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

You're right, dpg.It's even more fun to be on the forum when people think you are actually working.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
dpg

Just gotta have a quick hand at reducing your window if someone approaches you....
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Default ..last day today warning!!!

Attention, attention, attention,....please let me have your attention....today Friday Dec 21 is the last 'Value Pass' day at your favorite ski area until, a very long 11 day wait, till Wednesday, January 2. This is a huge hardship for all us locals 'Value Passer's, and now all we got to do is to shovel snow. At least, a snow shovel will never break down.

Maybe , the ski areas could open up a 'Retro 1967' ski trail that's serviced by a rope tow and grooming ala '67 style, and keep it open thru Christmas vacation for the local-yokel value passer's.

Hey, anyone remember those 'We Survived the Winter of '69' bumper stickers?

How much snow was there in 1969? There was sooo much snow in the winter of 1969 that the gondola at Wildcat had to be shovelled out so the gondola cars wouldn't be rubbin on the snow. The base lodge had to be shovelled so people could get in the doors and not be walkin up on the roof. Was the Kangamangus Highway kept open that winter? I don't know....can't remember? But every Ford, Country Squire, station wagon in the state had both that vinyl wood look and a bumper sticker that says 'We Survived the Winter of '69.'

'We Survived the Winter of 07'...... as the real winter returneth to NH....believe it!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-30-2007 at 10:16 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
KBoater

Talking Aaahh

Auuh the winter of 69 some great skiing in N Conway.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Mark

Wink Chat? Too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Is it me or has the forum chatter seemed to quiet down with the onset of winter. Come on folks, I'm running outta things to do at work.
Most of us are too busy reading prolific messages with a somewhat political agenda from Fatlazyles. No time to write
Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Sandy Beach

Wink Emergency Button

Quote:
Just gotta have a quick hand at reducing your window if someone approaches you....
Some websites have an emergency button feature. Click on the button and instantly a fake spread sheet or other official looking document pops up. Just the thing for when the boss walks in while you are on-line.
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
Joe Kerr

Lightbulb Work, forum, winter

Quote:
There is still a lot of forum chatter here in winter. There are fewer people and activities around the lakes during winter and that often is reflected here but lots of forum lurkers. Get the right topic and watch the messages fly.

Find a hot topic, like a proposed NH house bill about speed limits for skiers on the slopes. You'll see an increase in chatter. You know, there have been some high profile injuries due to speed on the ski slopes so this could happen one day.

Could be a lot of people on vacation from work this month who don't get on the forum as much . My excuse is been too busy with holiday activities to join the discussions.

Ideas to look busy at work. Learn to sleep with your eyes open. Try calling those 900 phone numbers and conduct business with your personal friendly stranger. I'll ask my union friends and government workers what they do to look busy at work and get back to you on that.

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
cursereversed

Unhappy the chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg
I don't know about the rest of you, but i've been busy shoveling and watching weather reports this winter.
cursereversed is offline   Reply With Quote