Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
LadyJane

Default the countdown

all the anticipation and preparation, making lists, packing, doing last minute errands and arrangements. It's almost here now.....I'll pack up the "non-perishables" tomorrow so I'll be ready to roll Saturday morning. Check the weather. The big "polar vortex" scare doesn't seem to be a threat now. No need to pack a winter jacket. We're in the last of the countdown now. I hope all of you who are also about to begin your vacation at the lake have safe travels, good weather and pleasant days. Enjoy !!
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyJane For This Useful Post:
Oregonrain (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
Oregonrain

Location: For now I live in Lebanon, OR, but this summer I'll be living somewhere in the Lakes Region

I hope you have as much fun as I did and that you get to do a lot more swimming too! Can't wait to come back!
Oregonrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oregonrain For This Useful Post:
LadyJane (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
alisphunt

Default Almost there....

so funny to see this post! we are coming up next weekend for a week and my sister called last night with "the list"!
alisphunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alisphunt For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (06-26-2019)
Old 07-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
snowflake

Default I remember

Lady Jane you rmind me of our preparations for spending 2 or 3 weeks in Wolfeboro at Edwards Vacation Spot. As soon as school closed the count down began. The 3 of us would actually start packing. Of course, we had to pack and repack as we needed clothes! We got a new bathing suit, latest style cover up, beach bag and sun hat. By the way this was the late 50s. The anticipation was half the fun. About 5 miles out of Boston the "are we there yet" began. Those were some of the best times of our young lives. Even now I'm counting the days until my trip up in August. I've already made the list of what I need to bring. Have the best time ever.
snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
winnisummergal

Default maybe a little OCD

We don't leave until the 24th for our 2 weeks at the lake but I have had my clothes pulled and ready to pack for the past two weeks. Yes, I realize it's a little crazy but it make me feel like I'm getting closer to my trip. Also, it gives me time to realize I really don't need to take all this stuff and some of it can stay in my closet.
winnisummergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
jkjoshuatree

Default Don't Feel So Bad...

…I packed in April for my month stay at the lake in July.

Seriously.

It meant I had to wear the same essential clothes for 10 weeks but I didn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnisummergal View Post
We don't leave until the 24th for our 2 weeks at the lake but I have had my clothes pulled and ready to pack for the past two weeks. Yes, I realize it's a little crazy but it make me feel like I'm getting closer to my trip. Also, it gives me time to realize I really don't need to take all this stuff and some of it can stay in my closet.
winnisummergal (07-20-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
glennsteely

Talking You guys are amatuers....

Did I spell that right?? Ive been getting ready for this years trip, in mid August.....well, in one way or another.....since my last trip.....IN MID AUGUST!!!! HAHAHA!! Im a pro at counting down the days, I would have packed the car already, but my wife put a stop to that!! Great wishes to all making the trek!! Have a wonderful vacation.....at THE LAKE!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
Flylady

Default it doesn't get old

Fun to watch the getting ready posts. For 10 years I did the same thing in anticipating the trip to the lake. This year was no different except that I had to pack for the whole summer. My first months of retirement have been great and each day of the first 8 weeks here is still as special as when I arrived and only stayed a week!
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #9
LadyJane

We're all safely back home. It was a really wonderful week and we all can't wait to come back again. My grandson wants to live there. The weather was great and we didn't use all the clothes we brought. No need for sweatshirts and jackets. We really liked the Suissevale community. We did some visits to local attractions but really spent more time just being there, next to the lake, swimming, talking and relaxing. It was fabulous and I hope all of you whose vacation is yet to come have great weather,good times and safe travels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyJane For This Useful Post:
Nagigator (07-26-2014), winnisummergal (07-27-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #10
CAVU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJane View Post
We're all safely back home. It was a really wonderful week and we all can't wait to come back again. My grandson wants to live there. The weather was great and we didn't use all the clothes we brought. No need for sweatshirts and jackets. We really liked the Suissevale community. We did some visits to local attractions but really spent more time just being there, next to the lake, swimming, talking and relaxing. It was fabulous and I hope all of you whose vacation is yet to come have great weather,good times and safe travels.
Like your grandson, when I was younger, I always wanted to live here.. That was when I was 18, I'm 29 now and have been living up since 08'. I moved from Tamworth in Oct 12' and I live in Suissevale now. I will probably live in Suissevale/Moultonborough the rest of life.. I can't think of anyplace better..
CAVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
LadyJane

funny.......my grandson is 18 now. Glad you are happy where you live Cavu.