Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
hazelnut

Default AMEX Commercial

Did anyone else see the commercial with celebs including Ellen Degeneris talking about Lake Winnipesaukee? It was an American Express Commercial. I just saw it on the History Channel. It was cool they were talking about a contest regarding what was important to you... A guy said "keeping Lake Winnipesaukee clean...." I hope to see it again.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Skip

Smile Me too!!!!

Saw the same commercial, did a double take at first....glad someone else confirmed that I hadn't gone completely bonkers!!!!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
MJM

I saw it too! Very cool.

I'm thinking they add the guy in the background by region. So when the commercial airs in New England, it references Winni. When it airs in other regions, it references something local to them. Notice, the celebs never say a specific name - their part is the same. Well done.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
hazelnut

Default Aha

Ahhhh the magic of television. What a great attention getter. Funny thing is
MJM I should have realized that considering TV Production is my day job
Good catch on your part.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
Janet

Default American Express Commerical

Anyone see the new American Express commerical? Saw it yesterday for the first time on the USA Network. It stars Ellen DeGeneres, Sheryl Crow and others all dressed in tuxedos, acting very formal and talking about member benefits and how members can support causes like global warming, children in Africa, etc. Then along comes this guy who says he's from the office next door, he's dressed in a casual shirt and kakis and says his cause is keeping Lake Winnipesaukee clean. Couldn't believe my ears so I rewound the commercial and sure enough he talks about wanting to keep the lake clean. Awesome commercial!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
fatlazyless

Maybe he's no longer the head of AMX, but isn't there a super-duper fancy house on Dockham Shore in Gilford that belongs to the AMX top-dude. Was told this about ten years ago. What an eye-stopper, very large home with terrific landscaping and stone walls.....I know....just another one million dollar home ten years ago and what a four million dollar Gilford mcmansion, today. What-a-home AmEx money can build!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-05-2007 at 09:15 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #7
Wolfeboro Matt

Default Yeah Pedroia!

Just saw the same commercial during the Sox game. Had to rewind to do a double-take. Very cool.

Go Sox!
Wolfeboro Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #8
throttleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM
I saw it too! Very cool.

I'm thinking they add the guy in the background by region. So when the commercial airs in New England, it references Winni. When it airs in other regions, it references something local to them. Notice, the celebs never say a specific name - their part is the same. Well done.

It's nationally televised. My relatives on the West Coast saw it. Pretty funny!!
throttleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
MJM

Did their version say "Lake Winnipesaukee", or some other thing close to them on the West Coast?
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
AC2717

Default Saw it to

and heard it on the radio it is an attention grabber. All of us that are AMEX card holders should submit for lake Winni to be clean up of Millfoil. We should all submit that as what we want to works towards
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #11
gtxrider

Default In NJ

I saw the same commercial last night on EPSN during the SOX/Yankees. Kind of make one think the Lake is dirty. They should see the lakes down here.
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #12
NHKathy

I saw it last night, here in RI. Lake Winni was referenced.
I think the commerical is the same nationally, because I recognize the guy that talks about the Lake as an actor, can't remember where I saw him, but I think it was on a sitcom, Friends maybe? as a a recurring role.
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #13
Gatto Nero

Default It's on YouTube

You can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykz5dGurTCA

It's about getting people to suggest ideas that AmEx will spend up to $5M on. Interestingly, I did a search on the currently suggested projects (2750+ of them when I looked) on the website they talk about https://www.membersproject.com and found that "Keeping Lake Winnipesaukee Clean" is not one of them. I guess Tim didn't follow through.

Last edited by Gatto Nero; 06-04-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Gatto Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
ghfromaltonbay

Wink Is there a method to their madness?

I also saw this commercial over the past weekend on several channels. I agree with gtxrider, Ellen DeGeneres's quote makes it sound like the lake is the next thing to Love Canal or Lake Erie a few year's back. She states that she swam in Winnipesaukee once and when she removed her swimsuit it caught fire. This is an insult to our lake, but on the other hand, maybe this will keep a lot of people away and the lake won't get any more crowded than it already is on the weekends! (LOL). If as FLL stated the CEO has a place on the lake he won't want too many people discovering our gem in the northeast.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 06-04-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
Rose

Default It happens any time she swims

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay
Ellen DeGeneres's quote makes it sound like the lake is the next thing to Love Canal or Lake Erie a few year's back. She states that she swam in Winnipesaukee once and when she removed her swimsuit it caught fire.
But she also says it happens every time she goes swimming. I got the impression she was implying that it burst into flame because she's so hot.

I swam in Lake Erie in the early 70's and my swimsuit didn't burst into flames (that was the Cuyahoga River which flows into the lake ), although we all did have some respiratory discomfort afterwards.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #16
jetskier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
But she also says it happens every time she goes swimming. I got the impression she was implying that it burst into flame because she's so hot.

I swam in Lake Erie in the early 70's and my swimsuit didn't burst into flames (that was the Cuyahoga River which flows into the lake ), although we all did have some respiratory discomfort afterwards.
The actor in the background indicates that he would like to Keep the Lake Clean. Then Shawn White says that he was there once and it was nice. So, the comment was not indicating that the lake was dirty, although I fail to see Ellen as being "hot". Nice promotion for the lake, however.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
Alton Mumma

Yes he said he'd like to KEEP the lake clean, I don't think they are implying that our lake is dirty.

I don't think Ellen is saying she's hot, my take on it was quite the opposite. If your swimsuit bursts into flame every time you swim, I don't think that's a good sign.

"Living with a toddler is like using a blender without the cover."
Alton Mumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #18
Lin

Cool commercial. Gives the lake a bit of notoriety and recognition.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
Rinkerfam

Just saw the ad on Letterman. I enjoyed the link from this site, but I have to be honest in that it didn't compare to seeing it on television.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #20
jetskier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Mumma
Yes he said he'd like to KEEP the lake clean, I don't think they are implying that our lake is dirty.

I don't think Ellen is saying she's hot, my take on it was quite the opposite. If your swimsuit bursts into flame every time you swim, I don't think that's a good sign.
I think that her attempt at humor was a bad sign. The commercial is quite good; Ellen, I could do without.

Someone with an AMEX should suggest keeping the lake clean as a worthy project. Maybe they will actually donate some money to the cause.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #21
csuhockey3

Default Saw it out here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM
I saw it too! Very cool.

I think it's nation wide as I saw it here in Colorado -- I jumped off the couch looking for my wife so she could see it, she just rolled her eyes at me !
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #22
PZsiray

Smile Not regional

The AMEX commercial is not regional - I am in Utah and we are getting it here!
Of course, I am not sure how many other people (except those in my house) know where Lake Winnipesaukee is...

Paula Z
PZsiray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
The Big Kahuna

Default Thank you

The president of AMEX does have a house on the lake, and thank you if you like the commercial because I wrote it!
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
Just Wonderin

Default question for Big Kahuna

So, BK, since you wrote the commercial, you would know exactly what the intent was behind Ellen's comment about having her bathing suit burst into flames. Since we have a few people speculating, could you please let us know the true intent? Thanks! Loved the commercial!

BTW, there's an old Three Stooges film that mentions Lake Winnipesaukee as well. It's called "The Census Taker". Curly is asked where he was born. He says Lake Winnipesaukee but when asked how to spell it, after a few failed attempts, he changes his answer to Lake Erie.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #25
This'nThat

Quote:
BTW, there's an old Three Stooges film that mentions Lake Winnipesaukee as well. It's called "The Census Taker". Curly is asked where he was born. He says Lake Winnipesaukee but when asked how to spell it, after a few failed attempts, he changes his answer to Lake Erie
I wonder if BK also wrote that Three Stooges film???
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #26
Crabby

Default Amex

It is shown here in Miami Fl. I was taking my after work siesta,eyes closed when i heard on my tv,Lake Winnipesaukee,,,,,,,,not 2 words you hear here on a daily basis ! certainly killed my siesta with thoughts of another visit soon.
Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #27
CarybchLvr

Default Hiya, y'all.

Hello. I am new here.....and I have been "lurking" for a while now.

My history is from there, and I have been away for quite a while now.

The other night my hubby and I were watching something on the Tele, and all of a sudden, there came the Ellen commercial and we heard lake Winnipesaukee.....and we were, like, did you see that? It was kinda unbelievable.

Really wonderful to see.....and I am happy to be coming there in the Fall.

I am really enjoying reading about all of this.

I am so happy to be here. On this site, that is. thanks............
CarybchLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #28
Summertime

It is national. I have wtched it here in San Antonio.
Summertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #29
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Winnipesaukee

Just got back from a graduation party in Norwell, MA. and a guest at the party that was visiting from Houston Texas asked if I had seen the AMEX ad about Lake Winnipesaukee!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #30
Islander

Some people seem to be insulted at the idea that the lake is not clean. Well the truth hurts!

Yes the lake is clean, but not as clean as in was. Less clean is the same as more dirty.

If we don't wake up and smell the coffee, one day we will wake up and smell the lake!
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #31
RickatRC&D

Default L. Winnipesaukee and American Express

If you are an American Express Card holder, now is your chance to really help Lake Winnipesaukee. American Express card holders can now, but only until June 17, submit support for a project that has been submitted to the "Members Project" of American Express. Go to www.membersproject.com and find Project ID #4874, Save Winnipesaukee! (Winni-Who?) and submit your best rating for this Project submitted by the Lake Winnipesaukee Watershed Association, The Lakes Region Planning Commission, the Plymouth State University-Center for the Environment and the North Country Resource Conservation & Development Area Council.
RickatRC&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #32
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander
Yes the lake is clean, but not as clean as in was. Less clean is the same as more dirty.
Do you have any data to back this up? Most of the raw data I have seen is very cyclical in nature and does not even include measurements from prior to the 80s.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #33
Island Girl

Default I did it

I logged on and rated our project... there are thousand of you lurking out there... voting is just a click away!!!

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
Gatto Nero

While you're there you may as well also rate Project ID: 05450, Lake Winnipesaukee- World's Most Beautiful Lake! with a high mark.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #35
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
Do you have any data to back this up? Most of the raw data I have seen is very cyclical in nature and does not even include measurements from prior to the 80s.
The data for open areas is consistent. Water quality in the bays is dropping. Especially Center Harbor.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander
The data for open areas is consistent. Water quality in the bays is dropping. Especially Center Harbor.
The only CH data I saw was older than the other data in the same study. I think it was at least 4 years older. Any new data? Just curious if it got worse or better.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #37
csuhockey3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summertime
It is national. I have wtched it here in San Antonio.
It's officially nation wide -- I'm in San Jose, CA for work and just saw it moments ago!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #38
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl
I logged on and rated our project... there are thousand of you lurking out there... voting is just a click away!!!

IG

Am I missing something or do you have to be a American Express card holder to vote? That will eliminate a bunch of the thousands of lurkers....
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #39
Island Girl

Default Yup you do

You need an AMEX card to vote... that will eliminate some portion of the viewers.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #40
hazelnut

Thumbs up

Just voted
Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #41
RickatRC&D

Default Collaboration Needed on AMEX Members Project

Right now Lake Winnipesaukee has two projects posted on the Members Project. Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni Who?) has 32 votes and Lake Winnipesaukee-The Worlds Most Beautiful lake has 12 votes. In order to be competitive, with 5 days of voting left to go, the two projects need to collaborate to get one project up over 100 votes. Would the proponents of Lake Winnipesaukee-The Worlds Most Beautiful Lake be willing to ask it's supporters to vote for Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni Who?)?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #42
Janie

Voted, too!
Tuftonboro, NH
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #43
Resident 2B

Lightbulb Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni Who?) Update

"Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni Who?)" now is up to 56 votes, but if we are to have a chance at being in the final running, people must go on-line and rate this project. The other Winni project has 12 votes. The milfoil issue should be added to "Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni Who?)", but who knows how to do this?

Get out (in this case on-line) and rate "Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni Who?)". It could help big time!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #44
RickatRC&D

Default Adding Milfoil to Save Lake Winnipesaukee

Adding actions to control milfoil can certainly be done. Lets just keep spreading the word to Amex card holders to get on line and vote for Save Lake Winnipesaukee (Winni who?) so we have that chance.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #45
gtxrider

Default Strange but true

I was watching a rerun of Dirty Jobs featuring the lake and what commercial came on? Coincidence? I think not...
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #46
Onshore

I'm not a member and thus cannot vote, however a friend of mine is a member and would like to vote but could not figure out how to "rate a project". So could someone please explain how you actually rate the project that you want?
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:38 PM   #47
Flylady

Default Rating a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore things
I'm not a member and thus cannot vote, however a friend of mine is a member and would like to vote but could not figure out how to "rate a project". So could someone please explain how you actually rate the project that you want?

Once you have gone through the step to sign in and have opened up the specific project, there is a rating box in the top left that says ratings which shows five stars. You move your cursor to the star level you wish to rate (star to the right represents highest rating) and hit enter. Your rating is confirmed on the same page to the far right of the screen!
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #48
The Big Kahuna

Default The intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Wonderin
So, BK, since you wrote the commercial, you would know exactly what the intent was behind Ellen's comment about having her bathing suit burst into flames. Since we have a few people speculating, could you please let us know the true intent? Thanks! Loved the commercial!

BTW, there's an old Three Stooges film that mentions Lake Winnipesaukee as well. It's called "The Census Taker". Curly is asked where he was born. He says Lake Winnipesaukee but when asked how to spell it, after a few failed attempts, he changes his answer to Lake Erie.
There is no intent other than Ellen being funny, her quote is I swam in the lake once and burst into flames, that happens to me every the time!

The Three Stooges episode is a classic, " curly says, make it lake Erie, I got an uncle their". Great stuff!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #49
Skip

Post The real story behind the commercial...

Big Kahuna's fable aside, a quick read of today's on-line Citizen will reveal many interesting details behind the AMEX commercial.

You can read the article HERE!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #50
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
Big Kahuna's fable aside, a quick read of today's on-line Citizen will reveal many interesting details behind the AMEX commercial.
Good call skip. It'll also show that Ellens quote is "I swam in it once. When I got out I had to take my bathing suit off and it burst into flames. It happens any time I swim.", not the aforementioned Kahunas version of "I swam in the lake once and burst into flames, that happens to me every the time!".

Hmm..... Whats that game, you know, the one where you tell a story and people decide if your telling the truth or not. And if they think your not they yell out something. What is the name of that game?

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #51
Argie's Wife

Balderdash?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:23 AM   #52
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Question I believe everything I read in the news

Quote:

Thanks for the link to that interesting article Skip. Good stuff but they still don't name the person that got Lake Winnipesaukee included in the commercial.

Big Kahuna: Do you follow the CLEO's? Any other spots you have written or had some influence? Any idea how many ads were spec'ed for this AMEX campaign? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ellen stepping out of any water and Flaming... ... maybe I should keep my comments on that to myself...

Curly and the Three Stooges: I remember the Lake Winnipesaukee episode and it still brings a big grin. Hey it's not just Curly that has trouble with the spelling. I'll let the forum spell checker "fix" the full name of Winnie here: Winnipeg. Even though I spelled it correctly spell checker "fixed it" to what you see - and the several other correct spelling suggestions were interesting and included "winemaker" and "winooski". Heck, even some forum users get to our main page by typing http://Lake.cc instead of spelling Winnipesaukee.com.

I even remember an older forum thread which included many different "correct" spellings for the Lake.

By the way, I'm sure Airwaves and a few others will agree that we always believe what we hear and read in the news (when we want to ). I'm not sure I can tell tales of someone (like me) fabricating news stories to see if other media outlets (like radio stations) were "borrowing" stories without giving credit. Is there an RSA with a statute of limitations on broadcasting "false information"? I believe what I read in RSAs more than I do with everything I read/hear in the news.

excusing the law is ignorant

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #53
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife
Balderdash?
That'd work!

Now?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #54
Weirs guy

Update from the Citizen:

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...377/-1/citizen

Now?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #55
The Big Kahuna

Default Citizen Article

Quote:

Skip, great article, we were very happy to provide the information for this great cause and will continue to work on projects that benefit the lake. I hope others will do the same.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #56
Skip

Default Yep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna
Skip, great article, we were very happy to provide the information for this great cause and will continue to work on projects that benefit the lake. I hope others will do the same.
Sure....
Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #57
MaidenCove07

Default Voted

I'm and AMX Member and voted for both.
Just by registering for the Members Project, AMX donated another $1 to the fund so even if Winni doesn't win (though I'm letting everyone I know about this so they can join too and help this project win), my buck will go to someone's good cause.

Spread the word if you have AMX or know someone who does....
http://www.membersproject.com
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #58
trfour

Smile Same commercial in Grand Prairie TX.

Just the name Winnipesaukee is quite an attention getter to those unfamiliar to it.

Well done TBK!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #59
skprbob

Default so far, so good

According to the Citizen -

The Plymouth State, et al, project has made the first cut and is in the top 50.

All AMEX cardmembers/Winni lovers should get on board and vote. Let's see if that $5 million can come here. If you're not a cardmember, consider joining just to get your vote in! You don't have to ever use the new credit card.
skprbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #60
skprbob

Default vote!

As of this moment, the Winni project stand #11 on the list with 82 votes. First place has 391 votes. Let's go cardmembers! You have until July 17 to vote in this round. $5 million at stake.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #61
Flylady

Default Your vote/Friends counts

I just voted. We are up to 113 votes. With all the members on this list and your frieds and family we should be able to do this. I e-mailed all of my friends, and company that will be coming to visit next month and asked them to vote too!
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #62
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Number 17

According to the LACONIA CITIZEN the Lake Winni Project is now rated at #17.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #63
kjbathe

Default Anti-Boating?

I just cast my vote at www.membersproject.com but in reading the "pitch" I thought it had somewhat of an anti power boating or swimming element to it. Was that just my read or did others pick up on that a little bit? I'd love to have $5-15M for the lake project, but if the project means we should limit access and save the lake by only admiring it from afar, then coming in second could look pretty good.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #64
EricP

Default Keep voting, we're in the top 25!!

Keep voting, we're in the top 25!!
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #65
skprbob

Default next round

The Winni project made it into the top 25 - vote in this round by July 22.

BTW - kjbathe - I can see how you might get that impression, but I do think you're reading too much into it.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #66
AC2717

Default Done

Just voted in this round,
Let's go people!!!!!!
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #67
myboat

Being involved with this project effort, I can state that there is nothing in the project against boating or other recreational use of the lake. Please help spread the word and vote to "Save Lake Winni". Deadline is 7/22 for this round.
myboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #68
hazelnut

Default Just Do It!

VOTE now.

Just voted myself we're up to 174 votes.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #69
macshpman

Default I Did IT

Just placed my Vote
macshpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #70
islandAl

Default 212 as of 5:10 7/17

but, if I counted correctly that left us in 13th place with the leader about 8 times as many.
islandAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #71
Rattlesnake Guy

Not to rain on this parade, but are we really hoping the State has more money to write and enforce rules? Don't we have enough?

Spending days preparing a permit.... ridiculous.

Applying for a DES permit $400.

FedExing additional forms $50.

Not giving the bureaucrats more money to fix things.... priceless.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Guy; 07-18-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #72
Skip

Exclamation Didn't make the final cut.....

According to today's online Citizen, the Winni project did not make the final 5, but placed 17th overall.

The story can be read Here.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #73
rander7823

Default Does anyone else find it odd?

I was wondering why there were so few votes cast in general throughout. So Winni gets about 400 votes. I would have expected to see the numbers for the winners in the tens of thousands range and not as low as they were with all of the cardholders out there.

Any thoughts?
rander7823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #74
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rander7823
I was wondering why there were so few votes cast in general throughout. So Winni gets about 400 votes. I would have expected to see the numbers for the winners in the tens of thousands range and not as low as they were with all of the cardholders out there.

Any thoughts?
Same reason the Dems control all three branches of NH government - general voter apathy.