Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Senate scuttlebutt?

I wonder what's up with the latest NH Senate scuttlebutt concerning HB 162. Methinks, that somewhere in two seperate undisclosed locations, both the WinnFabs and the NHFbs are taking a close look and trying to handicap all 24 senators. Probably, every senator is pretty good at being unopinionated so as not to attract any extra attention. Even, if their mind is made up, maybe they want to keep their opinion to themselves.

Almost everyone here has their own strong bias including myself but I got to wonder about Senator Robert Boyce (R) of Alton. He represents Alton, Gilford and Laconia and so far I haven't heard anything about his opinion.

In Saturday's Union Leader, Senators Johnson and Gallus were interviewed so that still leaves 22 others. With the Senate comprised of 16 Republicans (one woman) and 8 Democrats (four women), that seems to be a big plus for those opposed to a speed limit.
So, what's the inside scuttlebutt? Anybody care to say here? Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-07-2006 at 11:07 PM. Reason: correct the numbers