Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2005, 05:57 AM   #1
Gilligan

Question Mountain View Yacht Club Rumor Control

I heard a rumor from a few members that Mountain View Yacht Club is holding an Open House later this month of April. I find no mention of this on the MVYC.biz web site. Not on the calendar or in the news sections or anywhere on the MVYC site. Next on their schedule is an April newsletter and then May 28 annual meeting.

When I posted a reminder about their "regularly scheduled" January meeting MVYC meeting thread there was a commotion about the MVYC rumors being spread on this site. I just quoted their info and if you read the thread you'll see NO rumors there. MVYC answered that thread back in January with a snail mail letter to members to "clarify" that there was no special meeting but a regularly scheduled meeting (just like my message said). What a waste of money for a mailing.

MVYC has made it clear that their MVYC.biz web site is the place for information:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVYC web
Welcome to the Mountain View Yacht Club Events page. When you need information about what has happened or is going to happen at the club please visit this area of the website. We will post past and future event information to ensure no one misses anything.
and that was echoed in their expensive First Class snail mail in January.

Now, do we conclude that the Open House in April is a rumor because it is not listed on their web site? Two of my boat neighbors asked me if I planned to attend the April MVYC Open House so they believe that this is an actual event. If the club were open at 6AM I'd call them on the phone and ask but then there may be other MVYC users who are as confused as I am about this alleged open house.

Anyone have more acccurate information than the MVYC web site has on this?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Commodore

Question Mvyc

Hey I think I got a mailing about an April open house at MVYC. I didn't pay attention because I don't plan to be in NH this month. I thought it mentioned finalizing launch instructions and coffee and dough nuts. I think it was a single page folded in thirds with postage and sticky label. Not a fancy letterhead and envelope like the January letter I finally got from MVYC in January about rumors on the forum. I don't see any mention of the Open House on the MVYC home pages today. Since you can't call them early in the morning why not e-mail them with your question?

I remember the January thread you started to remind us about a MVYC board meeting. Irwin's contract was on the agenda then. MVYC seems very touchy about that and any discussion of their activities on this or other forums. They jumped to tell us, in the above referenced mailing and on their web site, that this was a regular board meeting and not a special board meeting in January. The Irwin's contract was on the agenda but nothing of substance. Just a time line and other type issues. There would be no vote on renewing Irwin's contract until at least the annual May meeting.

Wonder why they did not mention their regular March board meeting where, I hear, they discussed the proposed changes to the Irwin's contract. Yes there will be discussion about the contract at the annual meeting May 28 but what went on at the March 5 board meeting? What changes did MVYC or IRWINs propose? They did not jump to tell us and it is not on the web site. Maybe it will be in the promised April newsletter.

Back on the main topic, I think that there is a MVYC open house this month even though it is not mentioned on their web site.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
jarhead

Default Wvyc

It is this saturday,received notice in the mail last week.I beleive it's from 10am-3pm not 100% positive on times but it is this satuday.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #4
Gilligan

Thumbs down MVYC web site updated but no mention of Open House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore
Since you can't call them early in the morning why not e-mail them with your question?

Back on the main topic, I think that there is a MVYC open house this month even though it is not mentioned on their web site.
Not one of the board of directors replied to my e-mail from a few months ago therefore I won't bother to try that again. They have a valid e-mail address for me but they still do not know my true identity and I want to keep it that way while I stay at MVYC.

I just checked the MVYC web and it has been updated within the last day or 2. They added the spring 2005 newsletter but still no mention of an April Open House on their site.

Thanks Commodore and Jarhead for your input. Why is it that I believe you more than I do the MVYC directors and web site? The directors have vehemently emphasized that we should not trust MVYC information from anonymous sources on forums. MVYC directors insist that their MVYC.biz web site it the only place to get accurate information about MVYC. No mention of tomorrows rumored April Open house on their web page yet .

Come on Mountain View Yacht Club. You can't have it both ways. This should prove to you that MVYC information on forums has a place. You can not always rely on the MVYC web site for all the information you need or should have. Open discussion is not a bad thing.