Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
rgilfert

Default Latitude 43 Charters

Unfortunately neither my son nor my son-in-law have acquired their boating license as yet....and this means that, because we live on an island, I own all ferrying responsibilities when anyone wants to go anywhere (....and, Yes, I realize that this is a "happy" problem to have). Well earlier this week my son and daughter-in-law arranged a surprise sunset cruise for my wife and I through Latitude 43 Charters out of Center Harbor to give me an opportunity to sit and relax out on the lake while soaking in the sunset vista and sharing a bottle of wine. The arrangement was that we would be picked up at our dock on Rattlesnake Island and then proceed out on the lake from there. Through my son's conversations with Erric Borrin (Latitude 43 Charters) he was aware of Erric's concern that the water off the end of our dock might not be deep enough for him to get safely in to pick us up....but my son decided to take a chance and proceed with the surprise anyway. Well, Erric's concern ended up being well founded....and we were not able to get on board once the boat arrived. I am writing this because despite the considerable expense of bringing his boat all the way from Center Harbor to Rattlesnake and back.....Erric refused to accept any reimbursement for his time or gasoline usage. In this day and age when most businesses are trying to eek out every buck that they possible can....it is extremely refreshing to come across a business/gentleman like this! Despite the fact that the cruise never actually happened I would highly recommend Erric Borrin and his business "Latitude 43 Charters". BTW... His boat was absolutely beautiful as well.
rgilfert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgilfert For This Useful Post:
Brian Neidhardt (07-13-2012), Dave R (07-08-2012), Just Sold (07-08-2012), RLW (07-08-2012), Winnaholic (07-08-2012), Winni-Retired (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Just Sold

We were married on board the Latitude 43 last August 6th on an evening cruise out of Meredith by Eric's dad, Mel.

An absolutely wonderful cruise and night with Eric as first mate. Great people. Unfortunately Mel passed away a month later. I am glad that Eric is carrrying on with the Latitude 43 cruises.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...254&ppuser=628