Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
LakesRegionSpirit

Default Jogging for Joplin

An informal event to raise money post Joplin, MO tornado. Funds to be sent to the Joplin School District. Below is the press release sent to all local papers. If in the area, join me if you can. Thanks.

Please note that my site was attacked this morning with a bank phishing scheme and is currently down. Working to get it back up and running. A BIG thank you to those that did this, I appreciate it.
___

Benefit for the residents of Joplin, Missouri

LACONIA, NH—On Sunday evening, May 22, the lives of many residents of Joplin, MO were left in ruins as the strongest tornado in 50 years destroyed a large portion of the city, resulting in the deaths of hundreds.

Many of us wonder what we can possibly do after events such as this, thinking it impossible to make a difference.

At 8 am on Saturday, June 11, I will be running the Opechee 10K race route and invite you to join me. I am calling this little gesture “Jogging for Joplin.” This is a “fun” run and runners, walkers and bikers are welcome. Participants are not required to navigate the entire 6.2 mile route.

There is no registration fee but donations are accepted and will be sent to the Joplin School's Tornado Relief Fund. (www.joplinschools.org).

For those that would like to “race,” I offer a unique challenge. The first place winner agrees to donate $5, the second place winner slightly more, the third place runner slightly more than second, etc. The differential will be determined by the number of racers taking part.

We can't rebuild Joplin, but we can do our small part. Your generosity is appreciated. If you are able to participate, plan on meeting me in the parking lot of the Laconia Athletic and Swim Club, located at 827 North Main Street, Laconia, on Saturday morning, June 11 at 8 AM. Please, do not park in the club's parking lot.

If you are unable to participate but would like to contribute, visit: www.lakesRegionSpirit.com for more information.
www.LakesRegionSpirit.com
LakesRegionSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote