Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
LittleTed67

Default new to area - veterinary info?

We are new to the area (Weirs Beach) and would very much appreciate any recommendations for a local vet. Seems like between the two kitties, somebody's always got to go for a "visit" or it's time to pick-up special diet food or meds!

Thanks!
LittleTed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Chickie

Default Dr. MacDonald

I like Dr. Robert MacDonald and brought my cat there for spaying a couple months ago. He has been in the area for several years but just recently opened an office at the junction of Union Avenue and Messer Street. He previously was employed at another local animal hospital and was the veterinarian for the Humane Society shelter. He is easy to converse with and I found him to be caring and gentle in the care of your pet.
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
LittleTed67

Thanks so much for the reply, Chickie!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default 2nd Dr. McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
I like Dr. Robert MacDonald and brought my cat there for spaying a couple months ago. He has been in the area for several years but just recently opened an office at the junction of Union Avenue and Messer Street. He previously was employed at another local animal hospital and was the veterinarian for the Humane Society shelter. He is easy to converse with and I found him to be caring and gentle in the care of your pet.
We think he's great. He'll kill me for saying this but he'll even do house calls if it's really needed.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Mr. Prop-B-Gone

We've used Interlakes Vets in Meredith. They are almost across Rt 3 from Mac Donald's at the top of the hill going down into Meredith. Short drive from the Weirs. We've used them for about 6 years for our Shepherds. We had just moved to the area and needed treatment for two of our dogs who were old and very sick. They also treated out cat in her last year and did a great job. They are excellent! Smart, easy to work with and very sensitive to the needs of their patients. I'd highly recommend them!
Mr. Prop-B-Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Newbiesaukee

We have also used Interlakes Vet in Meredith and were pleased with the service and office.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #7
steadyon

I use Meadow Pond which is in Moultonboro just after Moultonboro Neck Rd.
Dr.s North and Keenan are great!
steadyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #8
ironhorsetim

Thumbs up ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Prop-B-Gone View Post
We've used Interlakes Vets in Meredith. They are almost across Rt 3 from Mac Donald's at the top of the hill going down into Meredith. Short drive from the Weirs. We've used them for about 6 years for our Shepherds. We had just moved to the area and needed treatment for two of our dogs who were old and very sick. They also treated out cat in her last year and did a great job. They are excellent! Smart, easy to work with and very sensitive to the needs of their patients. I'd highly recommend them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
We have also used Interlakes Vet in Meredith and were pleased with the service and office.
we've been going there for about 5 years, cat and dog and find them to be very attentative and the staff is great and priced very reasonable. after all aren't our pets like family

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
ironhorsetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #9
kaj

Default Lake Region

Lakes Region Veterinary Hospital
1266 Union Ave, Laconia, NH 03246 (603) 524-8387
www.lakesregionvet.com

have used them several times for boarding as well as a routine check up. Friendly, caring staff
Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
Winnigirl83

Default I second Lakes Region Vet

The staff there are SO friendly. We use them for doctor visits as well as grooming. Prompt, courteous service. Very clean inside and out.
The only drawback for you would be having to take a left onto Union Ave. to return to the Weirs.
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
gravy boat

Default Vet

Highly recommend LR Vet in both Laconia and Gilford. Used for years and will continue to do so. Great vets, wonderful staff. Two rescued cats and rescued Sheepdog agree!

GB
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
donnamatrix

Default Lakes Region Vet

The Lakes Region Vet Hospital is great. We used them when we lived in Laconia and they are wonderful. Now we live on the other side of the lake, and it's too far and too stressful for our cats to traipse over to Laconia for care. Now, we go to Meadow Pond and they are terrific. Extremely clean, extremely talented and nice folks. Also, Meadow Pond is part of a triumverate of vets that do emergency weekend calls. The other two are Tevis Kraft on Ossipee Mtn Road, and the vet in Tuftonboro... Tevis is a wonder. She was an enormous help and comfort to us in January when one of our Siamese had a stroke on a Sunday at 11am. We met her at her office and, although our cat did not survive, she was a beacon of kindness to us.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
LittleTed67

Default thank you so much!

Thank you so much everyone for all of your replies! We really appreciate all of the wonderful information you've provided us. There truly is nothing as comforting as the recommendation of someone who has first-hand experience with something so important.

Thank you all again - this is a great forum!