Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
sea_n_ski

Default Thank you Mr. MP 800!

Last Sunday my wife decided to kayak around Stonedam Island. When she left the sun was out and the weather looked great. After about 30 mins. I grabbed the jet ski to warn her that the ski was darkening and to make sure she was around the back side. I found her paddling away and it seemed it was clear enough to make it back home.

By time I reached our dock near Lone Pine Point, the rain began to fall. So I headed back to pick her up. Well by time I reached her, the rain was coming down at a good clip. So I tied the kayak to the jet ski and she climbed aboard. Even though I was going slow the winds and rain roared so hard the kayak kept flipping over and submerging. We empted it a couple of times, but the storm was growing fierce. In fact it was raining so hard we could hardly see Governors Island.

Out of the blue the Marine Patrol appeared. He saw we were having problems in the pouring rain from across the bay. The officer empted the kayak and pulled it on his boat. He then followed us home in this incredible storm to make sure get got there safely. He was friendly, kind and an absolute gentleman. I didn’t catch his name because it was raining cats and dogs. My daughter said he had boat number 800.

We hear a lot of stories about the MP being mean and clueless. This man was on the ball and cared about our safety. The MP and all of us should be proud they have individuals like him patrolling our waters.

Thank you Mr. MP 800
sea_n_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #2
Mr. Moyer

Default great to hear

These are the kind of story I love to hear. I'm sure they happen much more then we hear. That being said this is what the reputation of MP is on other lakes in NH and around the country. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for winnie. I can only hope that these are the types of stories we will be hearing going forward as the summer winds to an end, and the natives and tourists are trying to enjoy their hard earned time off (and money) at this awesome lake. Great job MP #800, please spread your positive and helpful attitude around the MP office.

Thanks for sharing this positive story, they have been to few and far between this year, despite all of the weather challenges
Mr. Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
JDeere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moyer View Post
Thanks for sharing this positive story, they have been to few and far between this year, despite all of the weather challenges
I am sure that there are numerous postive stories on MP. Human nature just likes to retell the negative ones more than the postive ones.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
Joanna16

So glad that MP was there to help you. Nice to see our tax dollars working the way they are supposed to.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
Misty Blue

Default Nice job, MP

Launched the sloop (finialy) last weekend at the Moultonborough beach ramp. We then towed it back to Braun bay under the bridge for a fit out. While passing Trexler's Marina we saw a canoe with three kids flipped over in heavy winds and waves. There was a Marine Patrol officer in a bitch'en 22' RHI helping them out.

He righted the boat, got the kids in their PFDs and watched them get home safely.

Brovo Zulu NHMP!

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links