Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Donna44

Talking Suissevale

Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of sussivale... Anything I should know.

Just brought a house there.

thanks Donna
Donna44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts
Default Congratulations!

Hi, Suissevale is a great place with a strong solid association. The beach gets busy in the summer especially on the holiday weekends, but it is a "good" busy.

Water is by the association and part of your association dues.

We have had a house there for years and you will find many other Suissevalians on this forum.

PM me if you have any specific questions.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Donna44 (10-07-2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Full time or one of the Summer folk? Which road. I am on Oberdorf near the Club house. You will need to get a PO Box at the post office. We do not have delivery here. They were working on getting some boxes installed at the club house. Not sure how that is going. We have a website. Suissevale.com. Register there, as they will notify you by email if there is some type of emergency, or notification of work being done in Suissevale. Speaking of which we have Board of Director meetings on certain Saturdays. We also have the annual meeting which is a great time to meet your neighbors and gain some insight as to the workings of Suissevale. We have a pretty good road crew and they keep the dirt roads very nice. Most of the paved roads are plowed.
If your house has propane we have a special price through Amerigas. If you own your own tanks, you are able to shop around for the best price. I just got filled up yesterday. $1.98 through Amerigas.
We have a lot of wildlife here as well. I have had Fox, Turkeys, Deer, Bear, Fishers, etc go through my yard most of the year. So don't leave food around outside or you will get a visit. If you have a dog, you won't see any.
It is good to know your neighbors. They will watch your house for you when you are gone. I have the keys and phone numbers to all my "Summer" Neighbors homes, just in case something happens. Storms, fire, tree damage, etc. Or you can get a property watch service, which is good to have if you are not going to be full time up here. The snow plow services are usually around $150 for ten storms to plow your driveway.
Like Vitabene said we have "The Beach" which is the biggest draw. It gets very busy, especially with "Renters" So get down there early.
We also have our own boat ramp, but you need to bring the trailer home after launching. There is States Landing just down the road for a boat launch as well. (Make sure you have your boaters license.) We have a rack to leave your kayaks or canoes at the beach, so if you have those, you don't have to lug them home each day. If you don't have a Canoe/Kayak or two....You will.
There are also two parties there on July 4th and Memorial day weekends that are very well attended.
Other than that...watch your speed in Moultonborough. The police are, how shall I say, very vigilant. I tell all my visiting friends this as well...
So have a great time, and welcome to the neighborhood.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Donna44 (10-07-2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
The Eagle

Default Suissevale Living

Congratulations Donna!
We have lived in Suissevale for over 12 years, and we have loved every single minute of it. Like other posts say, we have an excellent Board of Directors, who really care about the quality of life in Suissevale. You will find all the people here extremely friendly, and I too, have keys to my neighbors homes, and their phone number for emergencies. We all look out for one an other, and their properties. As mentioned, the beach gets really crowded, especially onthe 4th of July, BUT, all the people there are very friendly and will just start talking to you, so don't you be shy! See someone you might like to know, just walk up and introduce yourself! We have made more friends in Suissevale in 12 years than we have in our "hometown," in Massachusetts, where we have lived for 35 years. The only draw back is the "waiting list" for the marina, (15 years to get a slip, IF you're lucky) but I keep my boat right down the street at "Ambrose Cove Marina," and have for 12 years, without a problem. Nice folks at the Marina as well! (ask for George).
Wild Life? TONS of visitors! If you like to feed the birds, you will get BEARS as well, but it is not advised to feed the bears, it is illeagle and you don't want them comming around, especially if you have pets and children. They are more afraid of you, than you are of them, make a loud noise and they will run away, BUT they are "Wild Life" and it is best to keep your distance. I take my bird feeders down from March until December. Fox, deer, skunks, woodchucks, fisher cacts, Bald Eagles, chipmunks, moose, raccoons, and how can I forget to mention HAWKS! (LOL for everyone who saw my post this summer)! My wife and I go walking almost every Sunday, we are there, just to enjoy the "Village" and we always meet someone! You could not have picked a better and more desirable Association to join in with! Congratulations, enjoy and WELCOME to Suissevale!
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Eagle For This Useful Post:
Donna44 (10-07-2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
Shreddy

Thumbs up

As everyone else has mentioned, it's a very very unique and awesome association. The Board of Directors does a fantastic job in overlooking everything within the association. The Board meets every third Saturday of the month to discuss ongoing issues and things to better the organization as a whole for it's members. The social committee and aspect of the association is really what makes it stick out and make it such a friendly environment. We have handfuls of events each year. There is something going on every weekend throughout the summer and several non-summer events as well. I am actively involved with the association as a whole as I've become a full time member of Suissevale. I attend and am involved with 99% of the board meetings so if there is anything I can help with I'd be happy to shed some light. Welcome.
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shreddy For This Useful Post:
Donna44 (10-07-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Yosemite Sam

Donn44, you might want to ask the assoiciation about how there drinking water is supplied. They have had problems with the quality and quantity of the water for many years. I don't know any of the specifics but you might want to ask some questions.
Other than that Suissevale is nice place to live!
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Donn44, you might want to ask the assoiciation about how there drinking water is supplied. They have had problems with the quality and quantity of the water for many years. I don't know any of the specifics but you might want to ask some questions.
I can assure you that there is absolutely no problems with the drinking water. With the new change in systems over the past few years, the problem has been water pressure and that is to a very select minimal number of houses.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
I can assure you that there is absolutely no problems with the drinking water. With the new change in systems over the past few years, the problem has been water pressure and that is to a very select minimal number of houses.

Thank you Shreddy, glad to hear that some of the problems that they had in the past have been fixed.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
The Eagle

Default Water Problems?..Thing of the past!

Hi Donna,
I agree 100% with "Shreddy," as I am one of the homes that had a really bad problem with my water "Pressure!" We couldn't flush toilets, and run water at the same time, or even take a shower with another faucet running, or we would have no water pressure at all. It took ONE call to get "Action!" It was only sand that got into my feed line when a pipe broke last spring. I called Suissevale, who called the Lakes Region Water Company, who had a crew at my house for a whole week to fix the problem. (replaced the entire feed line and flushed out the lines, and then had a plumber go in my house and clear out sand from all the faucets filters. FANTASTIC service and response. As far as "Drinking" that water....THE BEST! Clear, cold, fresh and never needs to be concerned about. Our water is fantastic! You need not worry about the water at all!
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Eagle For This Useful Post:
Donna44 (10-07-2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
gf2020

Good information here. Does anyone have similar feedback for Balmoral?
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
NHBUOY

Balmoral doesn't make you wear lederhosen......I couldn't resist..
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #12
Donna44

Default snowmobile trails

Hi, can anyone tell me if there are snowmobile trails in suissevale.

thanks
Donna44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
Shreddy

Default Yes, several options and the lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna44 View Post

thanks
Yes, the old Aries trail comes out at the far end of section 5 in Suissevale. You can either head onto the lake at Ambrose Cove or head down the trail, and cross Rt. 109. This will bring you to state trail Corridor 15.

You can also get the main corridor trail right off of Wintersport. Heading up Suissevale Ave., take a left onto Wintersport. Then take your first left and that road turns into Suissevale's own trail that meets up with Corridor 15 after crossing Rt. 109. Once you're on corridor 15 you can either head to Skelley's for gas and food or north to the Castle parking lot where you can head just about anywhere. You can also get on the lake down at States Landing and grab any of the trails from the lake. Hope that helps.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
Lakesrider

As far as water goes we do have our moments. Used to be on the 4th of July weekend, you couldn't get water. Now with the new well it is better. However the pipe goes through Balmoral before it gets to us. So any breaks in the line before us and we lose out. It was out twice alone last week. Oberdorf used to have great water pressure. it is down quite a bit from what it used to be, but still workable. Maybe it will save my water heater... The water quality is fairly good for well water. However I am looking into a small water softener for the showers and laundry.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
Lakesrider

Quote:
Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of sussivale... Anything I should know.

Just brought a house there.

thanks Donna

Just noticed this. Just wondering, was it hard to bring the house here?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #16
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
It was an issue for years YS but it seems like they have repaired the problems.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #17
VitaBene

Quote:

thanks
Donna, there are trails, I recommend picking up a trail map. I copied this from the Moultonborough SMC newsletter I am in the middle of writing!

Trail Maps: We have updated the Moultonboro SMC Trail map which concentrates on details of our local trails. There is a spot on this year’s application to order a map.
Moultonboro SMC maps are available for $5.00 at the following business locations:
Canoe King - 1799 White Mountain Hwy Rt. 16
daSilva Sports - Corner of Rte 25 and Moultonboro Neck Rd
Dave Fullerton's Irving Station - Moultonboro/Center Harbor Line
Chesley's Citgo - Rt 3, Holderness
Bartons Motor Sports - Rt 16, Tamworth/W. Ossippee
E.M. Heath's Hardware-Center Harbor
Murphy's Mobil (Green's corner) - Moultonboro
Skelley's Market on Rt 109
The Old Country Store - Moultonboro
Watson's Mobil - Rte 25 & 16, W. Ossippee

We thank these establishments and our advertisers for supporting us!

If you wish to have maps mailed, please make out a check ($6.00) and send to:
Moultonboro Snowmobile Club
P.O. Box 118
Moultonboro, NH 03254.