Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
AKADQ

Post Clough House "The old Lakeshore Deli Building"

What would you like to see for a new business in the building that use to house the old "Lakeshore Deli" and most recently "Your Neighborhood Florist". This is the yellow two story cape that overlooks Meredith Bay on the corner of rte.25 & Pleasant Street and is directly across from Hannaford's in Meredith
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
arthurc

Default Lake Shore Deli

I'd like to see the old Lake Shore Deli return. I thought it was a great deli. One couple that previously owned it now run the Dairy Queen on Union Ave in Laconia. I used to tease Michelle about coming back to Meredith and reopening the Deli.
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Marauder

Default Lake Shore Deli or Bakery!

How about the Lake Shore deli again and/or a Bakery with realistic prices!
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurc View Post
I'd like to see the old Lake Shore Deli return. I thought it was a great deli. One couple that previously owned it now run the Dairy Queen on Union Ave in Laconia. I used to tease Michelle about coming back to Meredith and reopening the Deli.
Yup, they ran a nice deli. Good food ! But, it was an even better deli when the original owners, Ravalis (spelling) I believe was there name, had it years ago across the street. I can still remember going in there as a teenager, of course that was 30+ years ago. Damn they had good sandwich's.

Thats a tough location. Limited parking, hard to get in and out of during the summer traffic. I just realized today when I saw the sign, that it was empty.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
RI Swamp Yankee

I seem to recall going there when it was a deli and thinking it had a nice view of the bay from the porch. Maybe a B&B would work there.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
fatlazyless

How's about J P Morgan and 'Brenda the Fender Bender' for a couple new tenants?

That large, old, formerly dark red, oil-painted wooden victorian Dr. Clough's house with the huge picture windows would be a terrific location for a full service, old fashioned securities broker like J P Morgan or Smith Barney or some one of those big bucks, richy-rich people's financial services, that's best at safely saving your nest egg! No do-it-yourselfer, $7 day-trades trading there! What a location; it's gets the sun all day long, looking down Meredith Bay for three miles plus; it looks out at hugely expensive motor & sail boats docked at Meredith Yacht Club; it's a fast walk along the waterfront park to the Bar at Lago's Ristorante; it's a ten-15 minute walk to the six outdoor Meredith tennis courts that are totally free of charge, and two even have lighting for night tennis!

Upstairs, in the third floor with the small windows, looking out across the bay, would be a natural spot for a therapeutic massage therapist.....what's a good Meredith name for a massage therapist....maybe 'Brenda's Massage'......got an achey brakie back?.....everybody in the world has an achey brakie back!.........go get a visit with 'Brenda the Fender Bender'.....3rd floor up in the attic, at the Clough House.....and she will bend your fender for you, just the way you like it!

The Doctor Clough house........simply....... a smash of a location!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-13-2010 at 11:00 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
no-engine

Default FYI: Lake Shore Deli..

At across rt 25, the building is gone! Gone! Gone! Charlie Rouvalis is deceased. The two ladies who had the business and then moved to yellow building, most probably as the bank wanted the land. They were great for a while. I am not informed of the Deli owners since. I guess it faded away.

It seems that the florist moved to the small "hole in wall" next to and up hill from what was Lamprey Real Estate. Just "below" the "broken antler" restaurant. Where most recently a "Scott" (the pharmacist) daughter groomed dogs & such and moved to her own building on Route 3 in Center Harbor.

Oh well, changes. Next, influence landlords on Main Street to "clean things up", meaning do not neglect the facads of maintenance.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
no-engine

I've seen discussion on another thread.......
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote