Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
RandallDunn

Default Summer Close Out

Well, I missed this year up at Lake Winni. My wife, daughter, brother and father did make it up last week to close up the cabin at Lake Shore Park. They had a great time, and I really missed the lake. It's hard not to have a big dose of Lake Winni each year. Our hopes is that if my new novel, "Rattlesnake Island" sells well--and it's sequels--we might be able to move up to the lake year-round. Happy winter, Lake Winni!
RandallDunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
RLW

We that are fortunate enough to be able to be here year round will keep an eye on it for you until you can arrive again for another wonderful visit.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
eillac@dow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallDunn View Post
Well, I missed this year up at Lake Winni. My wife, daughter, brother and father did make it up last week to close up the cabin at Lake Shore Park. They had a great time, and I really missed the lake. It's hard not to have a big dose of Lake Winni each year. Our hopes is that if my new novel, "Rattlesnake Island" sells well--and it's sequels--we might be able to move up to the lake year-round. Happy winter, Lake Winni!
Tell us more about your novel....will it b published soon?
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
John A. Birdsall

Default closed down

What a wonderful weekend, perhaps a little cooler but it was great. My wife son and I spent the weekend closing the cottage, taking a boat ride from Alton to the Weirs and back on sat. Sky looked a little testy for a bit but we weent anyway. Sunday morning took the pontoon boat to the bay and had it pulled for the winter. Too me putting the boat away for the winter is always the hardest part of closing down. Hope you all have a safe winter, and will see you on the net.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
AC2717

yeah we shut down this weekend as well. What a sad day it always is, then the last thing of the year every year: Taking the boat to the marina and saying to her, See you in May and my 5 year old saying: "Bye Nevah Land see you in May of Next year," then we held hands up the hill to the car with my wife waiting for us, and then half of the trip home is basically silent then we kinda perk up

Last edited by AC2717; 10-17-2011 at 08:27 AM.
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
Janet

When we left the lake each year and traveled back to Jersey my Dad would always count to three and then give the "raspberrys" to the "Welcome to New Jersey" sign. He loved the lake!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
RLW

Smile

Ya I guess it is time to put away the and get out the and followed by the
Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
robmac

Very well put RLW,I still am hoping to p/u my new used boat and get her out on the lake to see if she likes her new home.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Default Rattlesnake Island a Thriller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
Tell us more about your novel....will it b published soon?

I spotted the book cover on the who likes Winnipesaukee.com on Facebook and now I have a new friend.

According to Randy, the book is due out in December. I cannot wait to get my hands on it! Excellent artwork for the cover.

By the way, welcome to the Forum Randy!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
RandallDunn (10-19-2011)
Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
RandallDunn

Default Synopsis of Rattlesnake Island: a Novel

Hi all! I was asked about my thriller novel, "Rattlesnake Island." It will be published this winter. Here is the dust jacket synopsis:

Russian American police officer, Vanya Petrova, faces a conundrum: a ruthless killer has taken hostage the peaceful communities surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire. And now he sets his deadly sights on her.

Officer Petrova stands on the beach of an island, investigating the unthinkable: a second double homicide in paradise. Someone is killing on her lake and the note in her hand indicates it’s because of her. She wonders if the killer is the same person who is deadest on settling a grudge with her and her mother that began decades ago across the globe, deep in the Hindu Kush Mountains of Tajikistan and Afghanistan. And over the next six days this madman’s goal is to shove Vanya into the abyss of insanity; or maybe even further. His ultimate plan to derail her life includes performing an act so heinous it may change the course of history.

To his dismay, Vanya shoves back. She fights for her community and friends, for the twin Russian babies she is about to adopt, and for her husband—a former Navy fighter pilot returned home from the war and a brutal captivity, a shell of himself. She then fights for her very life in a desperate attempt to thwart an incipient mass casualty attack larger than the world has yet to witness.

Welcome to paradise lost. Welcome to Vanya's nightmare.
RandallDunn is offline   Reply With Quote