Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default A great day on the lake

Usually, when my wife and I are off during the week, we end up playing 18 holes of golf and then perhaps go out on the boat.

Today, we changed all that up. We went down to the boat at Parker's and took off around 9:15 or so. The wind was a little breezy coming straight down the bay, putting a little chop on the water. We headed out the bay, and took a swing north of Rattlesnake and headed over toward Center Harbor. Took a swing in by Camp Lawrence and continued on to Center Harbor. Not much boat traffic out there. Plenty of dock space and we wandered around C. H. for a bit, picked up a few things at Heath's market, and then back down to the boat.

Next, we were off for Merideth, via the backside of Bear Island. In going by Spindle point, we were treated to watching someone trying to pick their way out of the area between the markers over toward Spindle point and Eagle Island. Couldn't see the stern of the boat, just hope he had his drive up as high as possible. Town docks at Merideth were pretty much wide open when we got there.

We docked and then did the obligatory walk through Mills Falls (only a trickle of water at the falls) and then off to Town Docks for lunch. We got a table for two up on the deck, at the rail, and had a nice view and nice lunch. I had a grilled skunk burger and my wife had skunk teriyaki...oh wait, that's for another thread . Actually, I had a Dock's burger and she had the crabcake sandwich. Both very good. Watched a rental deck boat come into the docks with about 12 people on it, and perhaps not really aware of the no wake area. He was going slow, well pretty slow, and throwing a definite wake. He dropped off all but 1 passenger, and then obviously needing to get some where fast, went back out at a higher rate of speed and throwing a much bigger wake. He passed another boat that was pretty close to him, and a woman in that boat was taking a picture, but I think maybe the picture would have been of Church Landing and not our not so well educated boater. Great time...good food and free entertainment. How could it be better?

We then made our way over by Timber and continued on down to Rattlesnake, then over to Clay point and the loop over by Springfield point, then a swing into Wolfeboro Bay. Just a loop through the bay, out past Little Barn Door and then down Alton Bay to the dock.

Great ride, relatively smooth, and lots of fresh air. I think I may be ready for a nap .
trfour (08-26-2010)
Old 08-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Jidge

Default Sounds like a great day!

Upthesaukee,
Sounds like a perfect day for my wife and I including the walk around the Falls. We haven't been up to Center Harbor yet though. We have just two seasons on the lake. We're looking forward to getting up there. Other than that it sounds like the exact path we take. We even end up at Downings Landing where we launch. I wanted to write before that I saw you at the Alton docks and felt like I already knew you because I read your posts all the time. I saw the name on your boat and was going to say hi. It was almost like seeing a celebrity when you put a face to a name on the computer. Maybe we'll cross paths again and next time I'll say Hi. We have a 96 Chaparral named "Fantasia".
Thanks for the great post. See you on the Saukee!
Jidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
VtSteve

Great story, nice, long ride. I would have just said Thanks, but the Thank 'O Meter isn't on my screen at the moment.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote