Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Bradyway

Default Lyon's Den

Went to the Lyon's Den tonight............I will say the waitstaff was not good all she was worried about what her mother would think.......................food was just okay..............all they are worried about is the tip..............will not be back there..................
Bradyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
Drummer Girl

Default Hmmmm....

That doesn't sound right, very strange indeed....
Drummer Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Phantom

Agrees with Drummer Girl ......... We've been there many times, fallen in love with the place and quite frankly have never had a bad experiance.

Every other resturaunt we've been to inevitivbly has a "bad service day" and we've chalked it off to just that -- but we have yet to experiance that "Bad Day" at Lyon's Den . Quite the contrary ..... Lauren and her daughter are always outgoing, friendly and seem to try and bend over backwards to accommodate patron needs. I'm rather shocked by the statement that "all she was worried about was her tip".

I would highly suggest that you share your experiance (while it is still fresh on both minds) with Lauren (Hostess & owner). I think you will find her to be quite approachable and willing to listen.

As further food for thought and help you discuss this directly ....... Don't you find it rather odd that with all the various restuarnt reviews here on the forum .... good & not so good reviews .... that you are the VERY FIRST to have a bad experiance at this establishment !! as Drummer Girl said ....... "very strange"!
CHSLTD (11-23-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Hard to believe...???

VERY VERY hard to believe as Lauren and Nicole are the most gracious of hosts. We also have NEVER had a bad experience and have been numerous times over the past couple years.

Strange indeed!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (03-07-2010), Resident 2B (03-07-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Yesterday the Gilford Island Association winter luncheon/gathering was at the Lyon's Den from 11:30 to after 3 PM with a packed house. (excellent meal and service by the way). After we left it probably took a while to get the place ready for dinner. No doubt they must have been a little run down by dinner time being on the run from 11:30 on.

Anyway the Den is one of our favorite local restaurants, we have never had a bad meal or poor service.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
KBoater

Default my favorite restaurant

Lyons Den is my favorite restaurant and well worth the drive from Wolfeboro.
My best time was when I took a friend who lives on Ossipee Mountain.
It was last fall and color was at its peak. She described all the features on the mountain range and really enjoyed the view.
I love the friendly atmosphere as well as the service.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
nerual721

Default Four year streak is over...

Wow, First - thank you all for jumping on here to defend Nikki and me - though I would have been much happier to have had the opportunity to 'fix' whatever made Bradyway unhappy.

Yes, we had 44 for the Gilford Island Association for lunch and just over an hour to completely reconfigure and reset the entire dining room to start what turned out to be a very busy night for Nikki and me - we were definitely beat; but there is no excuse in my mind for bad service. I was totally unaware of anyone being even the slightest bit unhappy and felt that Nikki was carrying me as I had a 90th birthday party with 10 guests that ate up most of my time and I was barely able to take a couple other tables.

As for the food - well, again if there was a problem I would love to have had the opportunity to correct it. If it was just "okay" then I would like to know what entrees they had so that I can pass that along to the husband/chef before we redo our menu for the spring. We so rarely get anyone who isn't happy with the food and service. On that rare occasion I ALWAYS make an effort to correct the deficiency immediately.

Thanks again for the support and hopefully Bradyway won't write us off their list permanently.
nerual721 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nerual721 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (03-08-2010), CHSLTD (11-23-2010), ishoot308 (03-07-2010), KennyOfTheLake (03-09-2010), NoBozo (03-08-2010), pah (03-07-2010), Pepper (03-08-2010), Resident 2B (03-08-2010), Slickcraft (03-07-2010), SteveA (03-07-2010), wifi (03-07-2010), Winnigirl83 (03-10-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
rick35

Default Need to provide feedback

We learned a long time ago that every restaurant will have an issue that needs to be reported back. Restaurant managers have told us they need this feedback to fix problems and when we have done so we have always received apologies and thanks from them. Having said that we have never had bad service or meals from the Lyon's Den. But we've been there enough times that we trust that Lauren would make it right if we did.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Irish mist

You guys are WAY above average......don't sweat this review Lol, it's the first so-so review you have ever had on this site.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
meredith weekender

We have been to the Den on numerous occassions and have always been very satisfied with the service. Typically, Nicole is our server and we never need to ask for anything. As for the food, it speaks for itself. Awesome.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Charlie T

Default Always Excellent Food and Service

I too have been to the Lyons Den on many occasions and never had anything but a GREAT experience. The food is always wonderful and the service even better. The Den is my number one place to go when everything has to be just right.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual721 View Post
so that I can pass that along to the husband/chef before we redo our menu for the spring.

(Perks his head up) Menu change !! ................. Lauren, don't drop the Steak au Poive (not for the faint of heart) or the Fried Bean appetizer ..... both are tops on my list (as you know).

As for the review, it's the very first negative posting. Quite an accomplishment .... perhaps he'll detail and date his displeasure privately to you. We are all confident that you will remedy it as best possible.

~ Phantom/ John
Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
obie

Smile

We've been to the Lyon's Den many times and have always had good experience's with the wait staff, it continues to be a favorite.
obie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
Winnigirl83

Default Can't beat service, food, or view . . .

I suspect that we won't hear from bradyway again on this matter!
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #15
Gatto Nero

Thumbs up First time and loved it

Nera Gatta and I took the boat to the Lyon's Den for dinner last night and had a great time. The food was top notch and the service very friendly an efficient. When we go to dinner by boat we typically head towards the Meredith restaurants because I know the route well enough to get back at night without issues, but based a review by a friend, and a great deal through restaurant.com, we decided to give it a try. Not to mention that I now have the Nuvi to guide me through the witches so night travel in unfamiliar waters isn't really an issue any longer. Until recently I had heard of it in passing but wasn't really interested in driving to Guilford to try it out. I didn't realize it was on the water with easy docking. In fact, I think that from Black Cat it is probably even closer by boat than Meredith is. Whoda thunk? Anyway, it was a very worth while trip and will certainly make it again, next time with friends.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #16
NBR

The Lyon's Den is a fairly long drive for us but we always rate it a step above excellant in all reagrds.
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
Just Sold

We went to the Lyons Den last week and everything was excellent. No complaintsat all. The staff, the food, the atmosphere and especially the view.
Speaking of the view we were entertained by these 2 guys trying to get a cruiser onto a trailer and out of the water. First the truck driver could not back the trailer down the ramp correctly so the boat driver had to do it. leaving the boat drifting free at the dock. The boat kept drifting side to side and other issues before they could get it on the trailer correctly too. It must have taken them 30 minutes to complete the job. Once on the trailer they had the wheels on a dually Dodge Ram PU spinning while trying to take off. They had to back down into the water a bit to get a running start up the ramp. Even 3 Marine Patrol Officers came over and watched this show. The never even secured anything on the boat or put ropes away before they left the lot. I wondered if they were repossesing it.
The next boat, also a cruiser, was out in less than 8 minutes but it was a 2 pro's with a hydrolic lift trailer.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
lunch lady

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
I too have been to the Lyons Den on many occasions and never had anything but a GREAT experience. The food is always wonderful and the service even better. The Den is my number one place to go when everything has to be just right.

I agree. The Lyons Den is my favorite restaurent in the area. The staff are great and the food wonderful.
lunch lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #19
Pricestavern

Default A Favorite

We'll brave whatever the Broads throws at us to motor over and eat at the Lyon's Den! Always fantastic (plus they have PBR on tap!)
Pricestavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #20
KBoater

Default great as usual

I was recently at the DEN and it was great as usual. Try the steak tips.
I bought a gift certificate for family.
They are closed for week for vactaion on Nov.1 so check their opening before you go.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
The Big Kahuna

Default Can't say I have had any luck

I do not have a great review for the Lyon's Den, last three times we went there some function was going on and we couldn't get in the dinning room. Then decided to try it again, called ahead and was told 7:30 would work for them, when we showed up they told us our table wasn't ready, we decided to sit at the bar, and then just decided to eat there because it was going to take so long. My wife loves the place, but I don't see her convincing me to go back any time soon. I hate when I call ahead and I am told there will be no problem seating us and then there is a problem.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #22
CHSLTD

Thumbs up Lyon's Denn Staff and Food... A+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboater View Post
I was recently at the DEN and it was great as usual. Try the steak tips.
I bought a gift certificate for family.
They are closed for week for vactaion on Nov.1 so check their opening before you go.
Have been going to Lyon's Den for years and have NEVER had a bad experience... Steak tips are the best in the state! We usually sit at the bar and the bar staff are some of the friendliest we have ever encountered... Keep up the good work...
CHSLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #23
Winnisquamguy

Default Will go again...

On the advice from this forum my wife, and I, went over to the Lyon's Den last night for dinner, the staff was great!! I enjoyed my meal very much which was a stuffed (lobster) veal chop, my wife got the same but got full so she brought hers home.The appetizer, soup, salad, wine was all good. Thanks for the advice!!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #24
Phantom

Finally found time to sneek away and spend some long overdue time at the Lake this past Week-end --

Although we were dissapointed that the Alton Winter Carnival had been cancelled, as usual we were NOT dissapointed with selecting the Lyon's Den as the place to have our Anniversary dinner with friends.

Once again Kudos' to Nikki & Lauren who always make us feel welcome.

And for those who don't know (I didn't)..... CONGRATUALATIONS to Nikki
http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS02/701319949