Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
lunch lady

Default Lyons Den

Did you know that the Lyons Den does off-site catering? I had them cater a family reunion at the Margate and we couldn't had better meals. Everyone in the family raved about the dinners and it's hard to please 70 people! Lauren is such a pleasure to work with. The Lyons Den has always been my choice for lunch. If you are looking for someone to cater a special event it is well worth looking into the Lyons Den.

lunch lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
obie

Smile Lyons Den in Gilford

Recently had dinner again at the Lyons Den with my wife. This is truly a hidden GEM around the Lake. The food is always superb and the wait staff knowlegeable and curteous.
obie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Open all year too!

Yes I agree, it's our favorite in the area and open year round!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch lady View Post
Did you know that the Lyons Den does off-site catering?
Lyon's Den is doing the Grand Opening Gala event for the Boys and Girls club fundraiser. They are super people!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8533
Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Bluebell

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Yes I agree, it's our favorite in the area and open year round!

Dan
Great restaurant. We tried to go there for a birthday lunch back in March and the parking lot was packed - not a spot to be found. It says something for a restaurant to be so crowded off season.
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
rick35

We have always had great food and great service. Lauren is always worried about where we sit and every time we tell her we come for the food. The view is nice but the food makes it our favorite restaurant. Bring back Leinenkugel beer!
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
Rose

Default Great food and great neighbors

Went to Lyon's Den on Friday. My French Onion soup was excellent. The large Caesar salad that we split was very good. My husband was delirious every time he dove into the Lobster Pie to find a large chunk of lobster. My Prime Rib melted in my mouth like butter. Nicole's service was excellent, as usual, and it was wonderful for Lauren to pop by a few times to see how we were doing. That covers the great food part.

The great neighbors part happened over Labor Day weekend, when Nicole went down to Ames Farm Inn at breakfast to wait tables because they were drastically understaffed. Now that's class.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Never been to Lyons Den but will try it.

If I go down to the Weirs Yellow Arrow, how do I get to Lyons Den from there? My mouth watered reading Rose's description, "My husband was delirious every time he dove into the Lobster Pie to find a large chunk of lobster. My Prime Rib melted in my mouth like butter." That did it for me as those are my two favorite foods!! I don't eat as much beef now that I know I have Fibromuscular Dysplasia in all of my neck arteries, but still enjoy a nice prime rib once or twice a year so will try that or the Lobster Pie. I guess eveyone knows I love lobster in almost any form and have never had Lobster Pie so that sounds like a new adventure for me. And Rose thanks so much. You are a believer in facts. That is important in life. And you are very brave. LOL
LovelyToSeeYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
jetskier

Thumbs up Went on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Went to Lyon's Den on Friday. My French Onion soup was excellent. The large Caesar salad that we split was very good. My husband was delirious every time he dove into the Lobster Pie to find a large chunk of lobster. My Prime Rib melted in my mouth like butter. Nicole's service was excellent, as usual, and it was wonderful for Lauren to pop by a few times to see how we were doing. That covers the great food part.

The great neighbors part happened over Labor Day weekend, when Nicole went down to Ames Farm Inn at breakfast to wait tables because they were drastically understaffed. Now that's class.
We went to Lyon's Den on Sunday (first time using the restaurant.com coupon). We made a reservation using the restaurant.com link and we had a corner table with a water view waiting for us. My wife had the lobster pie and I don't think that the dish needed to be cleaned afterwards (not a crumb left).

The rolls were served hot from the oven. That is one area of attention missing from most restaurants. A fresh hot roll really adds to a meal.

Overall, we were very pleased and will certainly be back. They do a nice job at Lyon's Den and deserve patronage.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
We went to Lyon's Den on Sunday (first time using the restaurant.com coupon). We made a reservation using the restaurant.com link and we had a corner table with a water view waiting for us. My wife had the lobster pie and I don't think that the dish needed to be cleaned afterwards (not a crumb left).

The rolls were served hot from the oven. That is one area of attention missing from most restaurants. A fresh hot roll really adds to a meal.

Overall, we were very pleased and will certainly be back. They do a nice job at Lyon's Den and deserve patronage.

Jetskier
We went to the Lyon's Den for lunch today. We used one of the coupons from restaurant.com We paid $1.40 for a $10.00 coupon. The soup of the day was a sausage and ham corn chowder. It was one of the finest chowders I have ever had. I also ordered the steak tips well done. It is very difficult to get a steak cooked well done. The tips were cooked perfectly and were delicious. One of the owners was out in the dining room. We had a great chat about the islands that can be seen when dining. It was a wonderful experience. We will certainly return.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
rick35

Default Not Happy

Called the Lyons Den Saturday afternoon to make a reservation for dinner and they were booked! And that's after all the nice things I've said including how great the food and service are. Now that I think about it maybe that's why they were booked. It was bound to happen.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
rick35

Default Plan B didn't work either

Plan B was to go over to the Lyon's Den for lunch on Sunday. This was close up day and we ran out of time with all the work we had to get done. And the lake was pretty rough with all the wind. It would have been an unpleasant and wet ride for wife wife between Timber and Locke in our small bowrider that we trailer. We'll just have to say "see you next year Lauren!"
Old 02-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
meredith weekender

Default Awesome !!!!!!

Headed over to the Lyons Den tonight for dinner. It was awesome. Crab cakes to start then followed by a pastry puff filled with Lobster and Salmon. Definitely a great place, always on my top 3 list.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
rick35

Default Same here!

Hey, we were there too! Its been our summer favorite by boat but thought it might be a great place to celebrate an early Valentine's Day. Had to drive over an hour to get there but it was well worth the trip. Everything was excellent as usual.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #15
bigdog

Default Lyons Den

Ditto that about Lyon's Den. Been there about a dozen times since last Fall, and have never been disappointed ! I always get the home-made
Mac N' Cheese, as a side... Better than Mom's... Sorry Mom !

Always great food and friendly service. One of the owners' (Lauren), has always gone out of her way, providing stellar service !

BD

Last edited by bigdog; 02-17-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: grammar
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
NoBozo

Default YUP..It's Good...AGAIN

Went Friday Night, 19 February....about 6:30 PM. Had reservations so we could have a window seat.

I asked about the Pastry Puff stuffed with Salomon and Lobster which had been recommended somewhere here on this forum. . THAT... was a Special for Valentines Day. So... Not available tonight.

So I had to settle for Steak Dianne. It was Excellent. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote