Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
RLW

Default Most favorite Sunday in Alton

JUST ANOTHER REMINDER: This is just a suggestion and I have no connection with the following endorsement for a fantastic breakfast every third (3rd) Sunday of the month. Tomorrow is the 3rd Sunday and myself and the rest of my family and several neighbors will be at the Mason's breakfast at the Masonic Temple just south of the circle on route 28. One can not ask for more selections of food and as much as one can eat along with fantastic hospitality. You get this all for $10 a person. My bride and I along with several friends will be there again for the 19th month in a row. Come and give it a try, you can't go wrong.

and enjoy the great breakfast.
SSprops (04-14-2012)
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Merrymeeting

RLW, I've been trying to figure out where the lodge might be each month you post this as I couldn't mentally visualize the location. So I searched Google today. I think your posting means to say "north of the circle" (northwest actually). Just beyond the circle heading toward Wolfeboro,
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
RLW, I've been trying to figure out where the lodge might be each month you post this as I couldn't mentally visualize the location. So I searched Google today. I think your posting means to say "north of the circle" (northwest actually). Just beyond the circle heading toward Wolfeboro,
It is on Rt 28S just south of the Alton Circle on the right. Pass by it frequently on our way home.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
RLW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
NOPE, you might be thinking about the American Legion. It is south of the circle. You go by the motel on your left and it would be the second or third business on your right. The picture is the location. When we were there this morning there were a good number of real friendly people enjoying their breakfast. Try it sometime, you'll like it.... (3rd Sunday of the month and I believe the hours are 7 to 11.)
Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
kchadw

Looking forward to trying it out when we arrive back home in NH for the summer...

Still looking for seasonal work in and around the Lake Winnie area for both or either if us...we plan to be staying in our motor home for at least the summer months, hopefully through out wedding anniversary in Oct...

If anyone has any leads on summer work, love to hear from you...We plan on leaving sometime within a month or so with our two dogs, ( Victor & Buddy ) and our pet turtle ( Bubba )...Both of us have extensive bus. mgmt experience and my wife has oodles of years in the health care industry...mine is in transportation of all kinds...( including on the B & M RR )

I'm fairly new to this forum but have made it the first stop on my computer each day...( second is the tug boats in Portsmouth www.portsmouthwebcam.com ) THIS IS A WONDERFUL FORUM..ONE OF THE BEST....Thank you all for staying active..
kchadw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Merrymeeting

Thanks RLW. Now that I've seen the picture of the building, I can place it. But someone needs to tell the Masons to update their website, which is where I got my erroneous information.

Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Thanks RLW, Just Sold, Merrymeeting

Thanks to RLW for the kind comments about our Breakfasts at Winnipisaukee Lodge on the 3rd Sunday each month. We proudly advertise these breakfasts on this website's calendar, and have for the past several years. We serve from 7-11.

Just Sold, thanks for posting the picture.

Merrymeeting, sorry for the confusion. In reading your post, I looked at the map myself (no way could our Grand Lodge have had the location wrong, thereby misleading those looking for our Lodge ), and indeed I too would be lost as well. But thanks to your post, I have already sent an email to Grand Lodge explaining your finding and requesting this to be corrected.

We are indeed located about a quarter mile south of the circle, on the right side when heading South right after the Merrymeeting Bridge, then the RiverRun Deli, then us. For GPS users, our address for town records is 40 Suncook Valley Road, Alton NH 03809.

As a long time poster here, I appreciate these comments about our Lodge, and yes, I am a member, I cook at the breakfasts each month, and am a proud Past Master of this Lodge.

We continue to advertise in the Winni.com Calendar proudly, and appreciate these comments. For those who come to our breakfasts and like them, tell others.. If there is a problem, please, please tell us.

Thanks again.
Argie's Wife (04-17-2012), Merrymeeting (04-16-2012), trfour (04-15-2012)