Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2023, 08:52 PM   #1
tony_scotto

Default Dewey’s Ice Cream…

in Center Harbor has been sold. Will supposedly remain an ice cream shop, but don’t know whose ice cream they plan to scoop. Stay tuned…
tony_scotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default Welcome

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the heads up. Be aware that titles do not appear for some of the apps, so a message that relies on the title may not make sense to all readers.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:38 PM   #3
Downeast

Really too bad. For whatever reason they just couldn't get it back on track after covid.

It was rocking up until then, and concert nights brought an endless line of business for hours. alas all good things must come to an end
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #4
phoenix

when I talked to him last summer he said he had trouble getting help
Old 07-14-2023, 05:50 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned here yet, but from the iBoat Facebook page:

"Wanted to put the word out the ice cream shop in Center Harbor has a new owner as a few months ago. Formerly Dewey's the new name is Ollie's. Met the guy who bought it today, he's a 1 man show so far. Super nice, he was about to close and waved us on in when he saw us peering in the window. Show a new business some support!! "

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
garysanfran (07-20-2023)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2023, 07:45 AM   #6
phoenix

I went last night with my son. The new owner is a wonderful guy with a lot of hopes to grow the business however at almost $ 6 for a single scoop he may struggle. Scoops and town docks are much cheaper for similar brands. I hope he prospers but I will likely go elsewhere
Old 07-14-2023, 08:51 AM   #7
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I went last night with my son. The new owner is a wonderful guy with a lot of hopes to grow the business however at almost $ 6 for a single scoop he may struggle. Scoops and town docks are much cheaper for similar brands. I hope he prospers but I will likely go elsewhere
$6 is definitely rich unless it's one of those jumbo scoops like Hodgies gives, but I'm guessing they're not given your disappointment.

I also have to wonder about the costs of business vs. profit given the location and seasonality. I wish them the best, but it may be an impossibility.

coolyourjets (07-14-2023)
Old 07-14-2023, 11:42 AM   #8
phoenix

I hope he does well but it will be a tough road . Scoops has richardson’s but not my favorite main black bear. I think single is less than $4
coolyourjets (07-14-2023)
Old 07-14-2023, 12:18 PM   #9
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I hope he does well but it will be a tough road . Scoops has richardson’s but not my favorite main black bear. I think single is less than $4
Where is this Scoops you speak of? Is that Ice-Out Scoops at the Bob House?

Old 07-14-2023, 03:25 PM   #10
GTO

Default Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
$6 is definitely rich unless it's one of those jumbo scoops like Hodgies gives, but I'm guessing they're not given your disappointment.

I also have to wonder about the costs of business vs. profit given the location and seasonality. I wish them the best, but it may be an impossibility.

Went there last night to an empty place. Met the owner. He said his soft opening was July 4th and then just a couple times since then. He lives 2 hours away and said he is finding trouble getting help. Very limited flavors too. No choc chip which I thought was a gimme for any ice cream place. Good new thought it’s Jordons ice cream. Sad news is if your not open 7 days a week up here for the 3 month season, people have more choices in both directions.
Old 07-14-2023, 06:20 PM   #11
fatlazyless

You most likely, probably already know that the very nearby www.heathsmarket.com sells www.brighams.com in about seven delicious flavors for $4.79/quart and there's a free dispenser of single knives-forks-spoons at the deli so for $4.79, total, you can legally walk out of Heath's with a quart of Brigham's ice cream, a plastic spoon, napkin, and a free cup of coffee, six flavors-Green Mt Coffee in a styrofoam cup ........ sit down on an immaculately CLEAN wood, white adirondack chairs outside the state liquor store and gaze at the recently build Osteria Poggio pavillion as you stuff your face with a quart of Brigham's really creamy ice cream.

With two or three or four freebie spoons ......and free styrofoam coffee cups ..... you is good to go ..... for a cheap, $4.79 ice cream date for two or three or four hungry Brigham's ice cream lovers.
SAMIAM (07-16-2023)
Old 07-15-2023, 04:33 AM   #12
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You most likely, probably already know that the very nearby www.heathsmarket.com sells www.brighams.com in about seven delicious flavors for $4.79/quart and there's a free dispenser of single knives-forks-spoons at the deli so for $4.79, total, you can legally walk out of Heath's with a quart of Brigham's ice cream, a plastic spoon, napkin, and a free cup of coffee, six flavors-Green Mt Coffee in a styrofoam cup ........ sit down on an immaculately CLEAN wood, white adirondack chairs outside the state liquor store and gaze at the recently build Osteria Poggio pavillion as you stuff your face with a quart of Brigham's really creamy ice cream.

With two or three or four freebie spoons ......and free styrofoam coffee cups ..... you is good to go ..... for a cheap, $4.79 ice cream date for two or three or four hungry Brigham's ice cream lovers.
In all seriousness, but getting a tad off-topic, I just discovered Tillamook ice cream the other day when it was on sale at my local grocery jam, and it's awesome.

GregW11 (07-15-2023)
Old 07-15-2023, 12:24 PM   #13
phoenix

Yes the one at bob house
Old 07-17-2023, 04:08 AM   #14
fatlazyless

www.tillamook.com/products/ice-cream is named after Tillamook County, Oregon in northwest Oregon on the Pacific coast and "The Tillamook or Killamook people, a Native American tribe who were living in the area in the early 19th century at the time of European American settlement."

Really Creamy is what it says on the lid, and sells for $4.99/1.5 qt with about ten different flavors at Market Basket in beautiful Plymouth NH on Tenney Mtn Hgwy!

So's how come it wasn't named Killamook ........instead of Tillamook ....... tink I go get me some Killamook ice cream ....... sounds delicious! ......

And their Tillamook Rocky Road flavor is forever dedicated to those Tillamook or Kiilamook Natives because a Rocky Road is what they got once those European Americans moved into their neigborhood ........ was a very very rocky road ....... thereafter ....... ugh!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-17-2023 at 04:38 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 01:21 PM   #15
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
www.tillamook.com/products/ice-cream is named after Tillamook County, Oregon in northwest Oregon on the Pacific coast and "The Tillamook or Killamook people, a Native American tribe who were living in the area in the early 19th century at the time of European American settlement."
There is a an ice cream and cheese factory in Tillamook, open to the public, that is a hugh tourist attraction.

Yes, Tillamook makes very good ice cream, and their blocks of cheddar cheese are tough to beat.

But there's another competitor that gives them serious competition as to ice cream, and they've also adopted the name of a native American tribe: Umpqua.

Both ice creams are very good with a good fat content.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:14 AM   #16
fatlazyless

One week ago, I bought a 1.5-qt container of Tillamook ice cream at Market Basket in Plymouth for $4.99 ....... and just yesterday ...... their price has gone up to $5.49 ......... omg! .... ..... so's I went with their 3.49 store brand instead ...... now I know that Tillamook is high quality compared this el cheapo Market Basket store brand. ....

If you ask me "price inflation" is just a phony baloney excuse to raise their price. Like rotating tires at Walmart doubled recently from $2.50 to 5.00/wheel ....... Lord have mercy!

Ice cream is a lot like an alcoholic beverage ...... some people just need to have it! ......
Old 07-20-2023, 07:29 AM   #17
LakeWinniMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Went there last night to an empty place. Met the owner. He said his soft opening was July 4th and then just a couple times since then. He lives 2 hours away and said he is finding trouble getting help. Very limited flavors too. No choc chip which I thought was a gimme for any ice cream place. Good new thought it’s Jordons ice cream. Sad news is if your not open 7 days a week up here for the 3 month season, people have more choices in both directions.
My daughter gave him her name and number on July 4th. She has 4 years experience at Town Docks, and he never gave her a call. She could have started the next day up until she goes back to college.
LakeWinniMom is offline   Reply With Quote