Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Jetman

Default Home Designer Recommendations

We are looking to add a second floor to our lake front home. Currently it is a Ranch style and want to add 2 bedrooms and bath etc upstairs. Home is located in the Wolfeboro area and looking for someone who can help with the design and draw up plans for submittal to the Town. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Jetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

You will probably be getting your permit from the state not the town, Jetman. The new shorlands protection act goes into effect April 1. Good luck.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
jrc

Steve did my new house in 2002. He does lots of remodels and additions. We really loved the work he did and he is reasonably priced.

http://www.stevenmelbournedesign.com/
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Skooter

Default House Designer

Check out Gary Brock. He did a home design for me as well as some other friends. He was quite responsive and reasonably priced. We enjoyed working with him.

http://garybrockdesign.com/
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
DREAMS

Smile You asked for contractors......

Could help but notice you asked for contractors but recieved a good share of designer names. There is a good chance that the original support structure of your ranch was not built with sufficient support or thoughts to carry the weight of a second floor without major overhaul. You may first want to interview various contractors on site to determine your current structure build and the cost options of remodel, additions or total replacement. I can recommend Lake Winni Island Properties as a builder who can inspect your current home to help make determinations of cost effective options for expansion. You can reach them at 603-253-7091. Best of luck with your project!
DREAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Default Comprehensive Shoreland Protection Act

As tis mentioned, you will probably need a permit from the State as well as the town before you can expand your house:

TITLE L
WATER MANAGEMENT AND PROTECTION
CHAPTER 483-B
COMPREHENSIVE SHORELAND PROTECTION ACT
Section 483-B:5-a

[RSA 483-B:5-a effective April 1, 2008.]
483-B:5-a Permit Required; Exemption. –
I. (a) No person shall commence construction, excavation, or filling activities within the protected shoreland without obtaining a permit from the department to ensure compliance with this chapter.
[Paragraph I(b) repealed by 2007, 269:8, I, effective July 1, 2011.]

(b) The permit application fee shall be $100 plus $.10 per square foot of area affected by the proposed activities and shall be deposited in the wetlands and shorelands review fund established under RSA 482-A:3, III. Such fees shall be capped as follows:
(1) For projects of 0-9,999 square feet, $750.
(2) For projects of 10,000--24,999 square feet, $1,875.
(3) For projects of 25,000 square feet or more, $3,750.
II. Timber harvesting operations permitting requirements shall be in accordance with RSA 485-A:17, IV and therefore shall be exempt from the permitting requirement under paragraph I.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
idigtractors

Default Structural designer

Remember also if bedrooms are added so will you septic system have to be redesigned if it isn't large enough to support the new 2 bedrooms. Additional costs that some do not think about.
idigtractors is offline   Reply With Quote